Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Dear Brendan Goddard,

Kindly suck on my brown and gold appendage. You’re a pathetic piece of s**t who never accomplished anything with your inconsequential career at two pathetic ‘clubs’.

It must be horrible to be so jealous and envious of a 20 year old kid who is already showing more promise than you ever hoped to.

Feel free to eat all the dicks.

Yours truly - every Hawthorn supporter.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
I would genuinely have Worpel ahead of both of these two based on current output. He is definitely ahead of Naughton, Stephenson you could make an argument.
Naughton is going to be special. I mean Worpel is a hawk so im not going to compare as a key defender/forward is just way more valuable to the dogs then Worpel.

Wouldnt trade the guy for the world. He's just the type of dude you wish would play for your club.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Naughton is going to be special. I mean Worpel is a hawk so im not going to compare as a key defender/forward is just way more valuable to the dogs then Worpel.

Wouldnt trade the guy for the world. He's just the type of dude you wish would play for your club.
I'd rate Lewis every parts Naughtons equal and I have Worpel ahead of Lewis so it's not a massive leap to rate Worpel number one.

BE96B331-A1BD-4CF1-B921-50AD7A0BCC52.jpeg

toomanysquibs

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Needs his name changed to James War-pel.

Friggin kid is becoming an animal. You'd think that when Mitch V2.0 comes back, it's going to get real interesting.

That said it sucks to have lost the game against the Can'tgas. Agree that some of our champs are likely going to move on somewhere. But we should have been up to beating them. They don't have the fight or ability of even their fairly recent sides.

But there's a lot to like about Hawthorn's new breed, and the Warpedo.

sohsam

All Australian
Oct 5, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
2017 Draft revisted (excluding mature age T. Kelly)

1. Naughton
2. Stevenson
3. Worpel

Not bad for pick 45

If only we would be lucky enough to pick up 4-5 players of his calibre in this year's draft, would gladly swap our first pick for 4 picks in the 30-50 range. We need 4-5 good players to get back in the premiership race and cannot afford to pay each $1.1M like COGS would demand.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have heard some say he is a bit on the slow side but he shows a lot of players a clean pair of heels when he breaks away feom the pack.
He takes those little steps to generate nice pace over short distances which is all that is required in Aussie rules.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's quite amazing how we keep on trading all our draft picks for established pkayers, yet we keep on ending up with top 10 picks.
2011 Brad Hill(33), 2013 James Sicily(56), 2015 Blake Hardwick(44), 2016 Mitchell Lewis(76), 2017 James Worpel(45), .

All those players would be top 5 in their draft year now

~ 2018 Matthew Walker(63)*

2011 Brad Hill(33), 2013 James Sicily(56), 2015 Blake Hardwick(44), 2016 Mitchell Lewis(76), 2017 James Worpel(45), .

All those players would be top 5 in their draft year now

~ 2018 Matthew Walker(63)*
The latter starting to show a bit too. 4 goals today.

The latter starting to show a bit too. 4 goals today.
He's had a couple of good weeks, showing a bit at that level but has to step up before we can really judge him

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Jesus the personal attacks on Goddard are a bit much.

So he's a moron and made a ridiculous comment, and then made himself sound dumber by trying to clarify it. Laugh at him on here, that's fair enough. But to post personal abuse directly to him because he said something about a footy player you like is over the top. Have a word with yourselves.

Back