150 Year Anniversary Dinner

Remove this Banner Ad

A truly wonderful night in terms of the history of the club.

All the modern day players were there - sitting together on 4 tables in the middle of proceedings (without partners) - and all the legends were there amongst the tables.

Just so many great players just wondering around - happy to chat, photo's etc -Blight, Greig, Schimma, Carey, Dench, Glendinning - I mean it was just unbelievable really. You go for a piss and you have Majak and big Corza literally either side of you!

Speeches were great, food and booze plentiful - just fantastic all round.

A real sense of something building with Reece taking over - you could sense it everywhere through the night.

Haven't read the thread so forgive me for any boring repetition.

What a f***ing great night. I mean, really, what a f***ing sensational night.

As an older supporter who remembers the 70s, it was just fantastic to get the chance to chat with some of the players who played in that era, especially the 75 and 77 teams. Big Barry Goodingham, Schimma, Keith Greig, Ross Glendinning, Stephen Icke, and the wonderful Gary "Crazy Horse" Cowton.

Didn't get to chat with Peter Chisnall this time, but what a passionate speech he gave.

Also spoke with many of the current players. The optimism is palpable. None of them was anti-Brad, but most of them feel they are now being given the chance to better utilise their strengths. Rhyce was also very generous with his time.

It's going to be a great ride.

Just got home.

Been to a couple of Syd Barkers and they had nothing on this.

Touched history tonight and it was a privilege to be in a room filled with people who have given their all and loved our great club.

Was good to put some names to faces from on here.

2 Highlights, being able to shake Ducks hand at a North function and congratulate him. Being able to thank Ron Joseph for everything as I was leaving.

Wasn't without its flaws but overall I thought it was brilliant.

I'm not usually one to chat with players past or present but the stars aligned for me with Peter Chisnall. Thanked him for a passionate speech - seemed like a top bloke and a 100% rusted on North man if that wasn't already obvious to all in Sunbury.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh, and congratulations to the top ten, always going to be unlucky omissions doing this kind of thing, but can't fault any of the inclusions. And like others have said, just sense the whole culture and fabric of the club has been restored, and there's a real sense of what North are all about again, after a number of years in the wilderness so to speak.

Now to win that next bloody premiership!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An Amazing night!

Just to see the heroes of my youth, plus to see some modern heroes return ( Brady, patch, Big H, Simmo, Dish) and to see our current players relaxed, happy and engaging with us was incredible

I agree with the other posters about Peter Chisnall WOW! Such passion, such honesty, such love for our club! The glowing support of the best two players to EVER play for our club to Rhyce was amazing. I also loved how with Arch giving his speech, the clips of the 1975, 1977, 1996 & 1999 GF whilst the break were on was really cool. I also loved the acknowledgment of all past support staff, presidents, and supporters (including the late June Stevenson) was touching.

I've been to the TOC Dinner, the Shinboner of the century dinner and Now this.

I love this footy club

Oh, and congratulations to the top ten, always going to be unlucky omissions doing this kind of thing, but can't fault any of the inclusions. And like others have said, just sense the whole culture and fabric of the club has been restored, and there's a real sense of what North are all about again, after a number of years in the wilderness so to speak.

Now to win that next bloody premiership!!
Yes. You’ve made me cry putting this into words.

And in this context it strikes me. Of course Cable should have been in the top 10, and of course Blight should have been higher. But seeing that old man at #4 and being reminded of how much he gave the club as a player and administrator has salved some wounds I thought could not heal, and if for me probably for many.

Arch doesn’t need to be in any list. He’s been recognised as the Shinboner of them all, he’s worked alongside RJ to save the club, and now he’s becoming RJ.

Finally got to the shop and bought my 150th jumper yesterday. It wasn’t in the sale, but on the back of Friday night and with this night to come I suddenly needed it. I love this club and everything it stands for so much. Duck and Sir Keith are backing Rhyce as the custodian and so are we all.

Last edited:
Stevo top 10?

Wouldn't even have him top 20.

In fact, I reckon Cunnington is the better player by the time his career is over.

Settle down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back