Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I generally don’t post here.
But I have an idea that you may like..

Footy’s New Idea

When a Backmen sets for a big kick into the forward line an Intercept mark happen often happens.

My idea is a top-spinner. No one expects it. Everyone thinks it will go long.

Set up the Hawks forwards to know when an unexpected kick into the forward-line will happen
Have the kicker indicate oven spin on the ball and then have the forwards rush to the front as the kicker delivers.
Most times there will be an uncontested mark. If not it will be a chaos ball

This idea is simple and will work
We used to, the Jordan Lewis chaos ball.

So there's a thread on the Scandals board suggesting the Swans may be investigated for strange behavior by Rampe & others near the end of games with the implication they're tanking.

My first thought when reading it was "gee how totally unlike the Sydney Swans to manipulate rules to their advantage!".
Link?

So there's a thread on the Scandals board suggesting the Swans may be investigated for strange behavior by Rampe & others near the end of games with the implication they're tanking.

My first thought when reading it was "gee how totally unlike the Sydney Swans to manipulate rules to their advantage!".
I would not say this sort of thing about others. The Hawks could be accused of doing this, given the performance over last two weeks.

I laughed - think it’s more a case of their supporters just not being able to get their heads around not playing finals.

Bit like their chairman suggesting cola should be bought back. One year of finals they miss and he thinks that justifies the return of handouts.

It always makes me laugh when I hear commentary say “rare fumble” when it’s from our “superstars”

Take a look at their disposal efficiency and you will see it’s not as rare as you think

What the bet the Dogs beat the lions at the Gabba and we couldn’t beat them in Tassie our fortress

That maybe because the dogs development is well ahead of ours but don’t let that ruin your pity party

It always makes me laugh when I hear commentary say “rare fumble” when it’s from our “superstars”

Take a look at their disposal efficiency and you will see it’s not as rare as you think

I call it the Chris Judd effect. Every week, another 12 or so "rare errors" from the "great man" and they'd carry on as if it was as rare as a total eclipse of the sun. Yep, it annoys me as well.

I call it the Chris Judd effect. Every week, another 12 or so "rare errors" from the "great man" and they'd carry on as if it was as rare as a total eclipse of the sun. Yep, it annoys me as well.
It’s like the whole Continent knows the guy is a butcher, except for the 3-4 people being paid to tell you what is happening - week in/out, they seem to have no fu****g clue but just keep on saying stupid s*** anyway...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Carltanks development ahead of ours too. ?
Well they’ve kind been rebuilding since about 2001, so you’d hope so.

Anyway, Carltank can only rebuild as quickly as GWS de-list players so it isn’t all their fault...

It’s like the whole Continent knows the guy is a butcher, except for the 3-4 people being paid to tell you what is happening - week in/out, they seem to have no fu****g clue but just keep on saying stupid s*** anyway...

I've always considered it's a case of people in the media not wanting to say anything that is contrary to the consensus of opinion. They hear others gushing over a player and haven't got the courage to say, "Hang on a minute, I don't think he's as good as what we portray". You have to remember that commentators are paid handsomely to tell everyone how great the game is. Malcolm Blight was possibly the last person in the media who gave honest opinions and look what happened to him. Sam Newman is also one who gives an honest opinion, and we all know how people cannot handle the truth.

I've always considered it's a case of people in the media not wanting to say anything that is contrary to the consensus of opinion. They hear others gushing over a player and haven't got the courage to say, "Hang on a minute, I don't think he's as good as what we portray". You have to remember that commentators are paid handsomely to tell everyone how great the game is. Malcolm Blight was possibly the last person in the media who gave honest opinions and look what happened to him.
Grant Thomas says hi

Jack Martin has been a disappointment IMO. Came in as “the most talented under 18’s player ever” and just hasn’t put it together. Starting to get a bit of the Jarrod Waite’s about him, he’ll be 25 in January...

Jack Martin has been a disappointment IMO. Came in as “the most talented under 18’s player ever” and just hasn’t put it together. Starting to get a bit of the Jarrod Waite’s about him, he’ll be 25 in January...
Campbell Brown said he was the best talent he'd seen when he walked in. The definition of stagnating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back