ATP ATP Tour - 2019

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I never imagined Basilashvili would pick up 3 500 titles in his career. Hats off to him for defending. Not many guys would only have multiple 500 titles on their resume.

Good 2nd title from ADM, but Sydney/Atlanta is fairly bottom-of-the-barrel (Tomic bests him there though)

Last edited:
Six double faults in his first two service games for Gombos. Settled down well to some nice ground strokes though.

Kyrgios should win but has plenty of tape in case he’s losing and needs to make a quick exit.

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
why the hell does kyrgios not try like this all the time. Brilliant scraping point just there, running all over the court, diving to hit the ball and clearly showing hes pumped up now

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
why the hell does kyrgios not try like this all the time. Brilliant scraping point just there, running all over the court, diving to hit the ball and clearly showing hes pumped up now
Loved his effort today. He wants to win the tournament this week so it's a good week to follow him. Semi final against tsitsipas will be interesting!

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Loved his effort today. He wants to win the tournament this week so it's a good week to follow him. Semi final against tsitsipas will be interesting!
i think i heard earlier they have never played. Will be interesting to see how the 2 friends play against each other

Going to watch tomorrow, hopefully just plays the game and doesn't have brain fades or get up to usual antics.

The sport just needs him, the guy is pure entertainment.

He also has severe anger management issues, that really need to be addressed for his health.

The good and the bad....

Mededev in the final, beat him in Rome a few months ago (then went on to throw a chair and give up next match but anyways...)

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
He has allowed himself to be railroaded into Scandal Man (although Australian tennis potential has a proven media narrative in that respect). Can't blame anyone else, offered himself up on a platter time & again, so it will follow him around for many years yet.

Medvedev is close to being my favourite current player, glad with the final. 2 500 titles for Nick (both decent runs) would definitely paper over the cracks of an otherwise poor season.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Really tough first set, kyrgios hampered by a back injury of some sort, but still serving well. Medvedev lost 1 point for the entire set on serve, except for the tiebreak. Was up 5-2 in the breaker, but Nick wins it.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
He'll be seeded at the US Open now. Not sure on the status of his body, looks a bit banged up at the end of the week. Would be impressive if he can back it up in Montreal this week.

Jedstar

He'll be back
Jul 21, 2007
Deep in a sea of ennui
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mercurial lad. Part of me wishes he would be more serious about things, but then I guess that would risk causing him to lose his magic. Yes, he 100% has emotional issues that he needs to sort out for himself, but there's no one I'd rather watch when he's on.

Back