Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
watch both pressa's - i thought it was very telling that Mark Duffield - who went to melb last week and asked lots of questions in our loss, didn't ask one question to lyon. He asked a few to the losing coach, so i know he would have been there.

I'm starting to think that maybe it's been good all the negative press the west and 6pr gave us this week. Made the players stand up and own their last month, which has been crap.

Will be interesting to hear all the talk back and what crap the west can spin about todays result...No doubt Suma is still the only man who can lead us out of our re-build...What a load of rubbish has been written.

If anything all it's done is prove just how right freo were to go and poach Lyon back at the end of 2011...Looking forward to seeing him complete a re-bulid and get us back to sustained finals success again

watch both pressa's - i thought it was very telling that Mark Duffield - who went to melb last week and asked lots of questions in our loss, didn't ask one question to lyon. He asked a few to the losing coach, so i know he would have been there.

I'm starting to think that maybe it's been good all the negative press the west and 6pr gave us this week. Made the players stand up and own their last month, which has been crap.

Will be interesting to hear all the talk back and what crap the west can spin about todays result...No doubt Suma is still the only man who can lead us out of our re-build...What a load of rubbish has been written.

If anything all it's done is prove just how right freo were to go and poach Lyon back at the end of 2011...Looking forward to seeing him complete a re-bulid and get us back to sustained finals success again

EXACTLY

I was watching Ross's presser and there's basically only two people asking questions, Josh Garlepp from foxfooty and someone else in the pack. It's been an embarrassing few weeks for the WA press, a truly insincere approach to a profession and we all know why.

It wasn't missed by Ross, he was desperately waiting for one of the familiar serpents to speak up but it was only Garlepp who had the courage to follow up the sentiment set by the WA media. Although he did cop out a bit when he referred to the criticism towards Ross only coming from 'talk-back radio'. A remarkable whack by Ross when he said that he doesn't pay attention to the press, aside from 'The Australian & The Financial Review'.

*chef's kiss

Mark Robinson is a flog but guess who liked his tweet.
b73ce6d4faf89ed0cda04f03554a8958.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things must have gone south pretty badly for Kersten to be so open about bagging the club. I'm not attributing blame either way but he doesn't sound like he's in a great place.

Kersten bagged the club as a pre draft youngster. If he is not in a great place he has been there for a long time. ;)

Mark Robinson is OK. One of the few journos who pointed out that the Blakely resigning was a bigger story than Kersten leaving. And he is often hot for umps not protecting players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you watch the vision of the fyfe thing, you see darcy shoving danger over fyfe haha! so probably could have been paid in the legs or in the back, defs deserved the free kick in that circumstance but given the umpiring over all who gives a s**t haha

And of course Kane Cornes couldn't let it slide (pardon the pun).
He reckon's Fyfe should have been reported and it was "an ordinary effort by Fyfe". Seriously, Freo are living rent free in his head.
When I saw this incident happen, I thought it was one of those that could have been paid for slide/taking the legs, but the umps are generally easier on that rule in wet conditions.
On replay, if Fyfe had have stayed on his feet, it would have been a nasty collision with Dangerfield sandwiched between Fyfe and Darcy ... which in the past has led to Fyfe being suspended for a head clash. And Fyfe didn't slide in with his knees. Yes Fyfe dropped low and so it would have been fair to be a free against, but Dangerfield tripped over Fyfes torso, not Fyfe's legs or knees. In fact, even though it was wet, Fyfe's action of dropping low meant that there was very little sliding in ... less than about 1 metre of very slow movement.

Fyfe on triple M for 15 mins. nice to hear him get a chat in with the over east gang.

Thanks for that - despite playing less box office he still takes contested marks few others can take let alone mids. What a player! Easy to take for granted sometimes with just how consistent he is. I don't throw around these very often but - absolute gun. Top three player in the league easily.

Mark Robinson is OK. One of the few journos who pointed out that the Blakely resigning was a bigger story than Kersten leaving. And he is often hot for umps not protecting players.

Robbo actually gives us a pretty good run tbh. Obviously he doesn't give us the same level of attention as a Vic club but he generally doesn't see a difference between WCE and Freo which is pretty refreshing when you read/hear the press over here and their blatant WCE bias day in day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back