Recommitted Jack Petruccelle [out of contract 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

So with that in mind you may be willing to trade out you FR1.. points is not such a concern ..they can be arranged next year if required. Geelong had at one stage the proability of three FSons .. but in the end only was drafted by us.
Possibly, but I don't imagine we simply trade out of next year's round 1 without replacing the loss in points. Assuming the boys go at Pick 5, 15 and 25, we would need a total of the equivalent of Pick 1 to match (nearly 3,000 draft points after the 20% discount). That means we'd desperately need to bring in multiple picks in order to cover the points they'll cost. I think it's more likely we hold our future 1st for now, then sell it off to the highest bidder next year. That way it's more likely that a club pays huge overs in order to jump up the draft order.

On the topic of Petrucelle, it's why I simply don't see it happening. We are already targeting a number of other guys who are uncontracted, and will want to bring this year's 1st to the draft unless it's for someone really special (like Hill for example)

So with that in mind you may be willing to trade out you FR1.. points is not such a concern ..they can be arranged next year if required. Geelong had at one stage the proability of three FSons .. but in the end only was drafted by us.
Yep our future first is on the table for anything that takes our fancy.

Normally I'd agree (BF probably has a 2% rumour accuracy rate).
The only reason I think there is the remote possibility this is true is that:
a. Most premiership teams lose players (we lost Hamling back to WA just after our flag)
b. WCE are stacked for high quality small forwards with midfield scope, noting how well Cameron has played since he got his chance

We also need points for NGA kids next year so trading down our 2020 first is a possibility too, depending on how Geelong view a package of picks for Kelly.

Hamling was a different situation with his old man etc, but I see your point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good player, would be a shame but not the end of the world.

I wouldn’t think he’d be a great fit for the Dogs - Melbourne maybe, bit of pace.

Hasn’t really had any real time in the middle either way so jury is still out on his long term viability.
Petrol would be very handy at the feet of Naughts and Shache, plenty of scrap ball to use his pace to get goal side for a few cheapies

FA gives a good benchmark these days.

4 x $500k for example would probably get band 3 compo. Clubs finishing low tend to let players around that mark go for pick in the 20s. We were not happy when Scott Selwood got us that after finishing second. Lycett got band 2 but signed a bigger deal.

If someone wants Petruccelle for $500k a year and he wants to take the offer I reckon we would take a pick in the 20s. Anything worse and there's no motivation for us. We lose a contracted player not on big money and playing to the expected level and get pick 39? Pass.
I could see the Dogs paying the price of a pick in the 20's for him, wouldn't think we would go any higher. And would be a reasonable return on WC investment.
He is fringe with WC especially with Cameron coming on.
Would be a pretty fair deal for both parties, we may also bank it for later and go a good deal with WC much like the deal with Freo for Crozier after they got Hamling cheap

Petracelle had issues with his tank he is lightning quick but struggled last year .
This year his repeat sprints have been much better and has been staying in the contest longer , getting up the ground more , taking marks up on the wing and then beating his man back .
He will only get better with more preseasons .

I cant see us letting him go for a mid 2nd round pick as his value is only going up . He is contracted and has established himself in our best 22 . We will need to be compensated accordingly .

This is no sam Lloyd deal .

Petracelle had issues with his tank he is lightning quick but struggled last year .
This year his repeat sprints have been much better and has been staying in the contest longer , getting up the ground more , taking marks up on the wing and then beating his man back .
He will only get better with more preseasons .

I cant see us letting him go for a mid 2nd round pick as his value is only going up . He is contracted and has established himself in our best 22 . We will need to be compensated accordingly .

This is no sam Lloyd deal .
Abosulutely, you should request for top 3 pick.

Abosulutely, you should request for top 3 pick.
I wish ! Do you guys want him by any chance ?
But in all seriousness something early in the second would be his value maybe a first if we add something in with petracelle.

This talk of a mid to late 2nd is just not worth letting him go .

I could see the Dogs paying the price of a pick in the 20's for him, wouldn't think we would go any higher. And would be a reasonable return on WC investment.
He is fringe with WC especially with Cameron coming on.
Would be a pretty fair deal for both parties, we may also bank it for later and go a good deal with WC much like the deal with Freo for Crozier after they got Hamling cheap

Eagles used pick 39 and spent two years developing him. That pick in the 20's would need to be a low one.

More likely the Eagles will want a decent pick upgrade into the 1st round. Dogs need points next year so then Petro plus Eagles 2020 2nd for Dogs 2019 1st. That would be about right for a player in contract you are throwing $600k at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back