Preview Changes vs Collingwood - May In, Preuss Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked for the Gawn reference but I’m not counting Pruess out yet. Even if he is a pinch hitter that plays 5-6 games per year.

He'll do as a backup ruckman, but he really should only play when Gawn can't. Can't imagine that arrangement will work for him unless he wants to spend another 2 or 3 seasons in the magoos.

He'll do as a backup ruckman, but he really should only play when Gawn can't. Can't imagine that arrangement will work for him unless he wants to spend another 2 or 3 seasons in the magoos.

Well he’s contracted for 3 more seasons and we can only presume that he knew exactly what he was getting into.

Amazingly, he’s still only 23 and most rucks come along around 24-25 at the earliest. Given his physical advantages, im not sure that he’ll develop at the rate of other young ruckmen who improve their strength before launching into peak performance around the 25/26 year mark.

Agree though - looking good for a backup and if Weideman doesn’t come on then throwing Gawn forward and letting Pruess ruck for longer might work ok for us in future years.

Hore will come in. I’ve also heard a whisper that Lever needs surgery to clean up his knee at season’s end. If that’s the case, he should get it done now.
Can't help but agree. Other than supporter blood pressure not much harm to be done by giving OMac the rest of the year to play out and at least have some things (everything) to work on in the off season. Don't need Lever's ankle jeopardising anything.

Well he’s contracted for 3 more seasons and we can only presume that he knew exactly what he was getting into.

Are you sure? He seems pretty thick. I don't think he knew what he was getting into.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn’t come across as a rocket surgeon, but you’d presume he has a manager who would have set it all out for him.

The two dumbest career moves he could make at the time were coming here or to Collingwood, and here he is. Take your pick of poorly advised, dumb, overconfident or a combination thereof.

Went to the match, first time this year.
Melksham was feared last year, had an aggressive streak.
I would play Melksham at FF, unsettle and niggle the Pies.
Fritsch at CHF, a star.
Petracca in the centre.
Best wishes.

Play some kids. Jordon and Chandler to debut.
O’Mac dcm (don’t come Monday), Preuss and C Wagner out. May and Hore to return.

Melbourne played relatively well, positive signs.
Like to see Melksham play near full forward.
Aggressive approach to unsettle the Pies.
It would be good to have a forward crumber, similar to the Pies approach.
Fritsch is excellent across half forward.
Trac in the centre.
Best wishes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back