Votes: 34 15.8%
  • 14 - 17

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Wooden Spoon: Pick 1, baby!

Votes: 36 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Best case scenario - go to the draft with Picks 11, 19, 30, 40, 48...

... not a bad hand for the reigning premiers!
I think those selections would make our resident draft guru briztoon happy, lots of options open to David Noble and co with those selections and a couple of possible trade ins and/or outs.

I think those selections would make our resident draft guru briztoon happy, lots of options open to David Noble and co with those selections and a couple of possible trade ins and/or outs.
11 and 19 would certainly get us A grade talent if one was available.

11 & 19 would be very good. But it’s a shallow draft, with a lot of shorter players. So anything beyond about pick 27 is really speculative, unless you’re looking for a small forward or slightly undersized KPD.

11 & 19 would be very good. But it’s a shallow draft, with a lot of shorter players. So anything beyond about pick 27 is really speculative, unless you’re looking for a small forward or slightly undersized KPD.
Would you be for packaging up 11 & 19 and moving up into the top 5-7 selections if possible?

With Rowell and Anderson almost certain to go 1 & 2 is there any chance that Lachlan Ash or Hayden Young slides to around that range? Brodie Kemp could also be our annual injured slider draft bargain ... maybe?

Would you be for packaging up 11 & 19 and moving up into the top 5-7 selections if possible?
The problem is I doubt anyone's going to do that trade.

Need to find the right buyer. Points-wise 11 & 19 are worth slightly more than Pick 3.
Except there's only a maximum of three buyers in the 5-7 range. Points aren't realistic unless you've got the same number of picks going in and out and clubs generally won't trade back unless their first pick stays in the same tier, e.g. if they rate 7-11 about the same, or they need to satisfy a third club in a trade.

With Rowell and Anderson almost certain to go 1 & 2 is there any chance that Lachlan Ash or Hayden Young slides to around that range? Brodie Kemp could also be our annual injured slider draft bargain ... maybe?

If we had pick 11, I would stand pat and hope either Will Gould or Dylan Stephens slides to pick 11. But it's genuinely hard to see either slipping outside the top 10. We need some draft bolters because this draft is looking shallow to me.

For me, Young is the third best talent, behind Rowell and Anderson. As much as I like Ash, I'm not sure he suits our style. Ash is more run as far and as fast as possible, and then kick short to mid range. And there are concerns that he does have a flaw in his kicking action.

I keep looking at the draft pool, and it looks so shallow after the top 10'ish.

I (me personally that is) would trade up for Will Gould, simply because I think the kid will be a monster rebounding defender, and definitely suits our current style. And there aren't any mids apart from Dylan Stephens (after Rowell and Anderson) who I like in the first round. We'd just have a very tall back 6.

The problem is I doubt anyone's going to do that trade.
Need to find the right buyer. Points-wise 11 & 19 are worth slightly more than Pick 3.
Except there's only a maximum of three buyers in the 5-7 range. Points aren't realistic unless you've got the same number of picks going in and out and clubs generally won't trade back unless their first pick stays in the same tier, e.g. if they rate 7-11 about the same, or they need to satisfy a third club in a trade.

North, Bulldogs and Fremantle all currently hold their own first and second round picks. One of them might consider a slight down grade on their first to upgrade their second.

Fremantle might be the team. There's genuine talk that both Hill's and Langdon will request trades, so Freo might just want to go full reset and rebuild via the draft, especially if West Coast come up with enough trade currency to satisfy Geelong in the Will Kelly trade. The one hitch with Freo, is that they have a NGA academy kid who likely gets bid on in the later part of the first round, so if they're moving back with their first pick, they would want to get two picks in before matching a bid. And I can't see the bid coming after the Gold Coast bid.

But if they stock up with first and second round picks in this years draft, including another first round pick for Brad Hill, they might trade back, to get an extra pick. They could basically rebuild their midfield and forward flanks in one draft, if other clubs let them.

Deven Robertson (Perth WAFL)
Liam Henry (Freo NGA)
Luke Jakson (East Fremantle WAFL)
Jeremy Sharp (East Fremantle WAFL)
Trent Rivers (East Fremantle WAFL)
Elijah Taylor (South Fremantle WAFL)
Trey Ruscoe (East Fremantle WAFL)

The Suns probably caused the biggest upset of last season beating the Swans at the SCG, beating the Pies at the MCG would top that. I would be astounded if they manage it though.

I reckon with their ins and the Pies outs they're a better than decent chance. Howe just going down into the rooms now to boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we use our first two picks to trade in some young talent of the Charlie Cameron “about to explode” mould. Make the draft a non-event.

Wouldn't surprise me if that happens, particularly with the allusions from Swann to our cap space and interested parties wanting to come. List outside the 22 is young enough that we don't need more kids and would be better off holding onto some of the mature depth vs another 18 year old. Question is who will we target and will we have the currency to satisfy their club?

Wouldn't surprise me if that happens, particularly with the allusions from Swann to our cap space and interested parties wanting to come. List outside the 22 is young enough that we don't need more kids and would be better off holding onto some of the mature depth vs another 18 year old. Question is who will we target and will we have the currency to satisfy their club?

Loving the prospect of using our solid draft hand to bring in another 2 players who can step straight into our 22.

Or better yet, trade in 1 ready-made player, grab one through FA (#destinationclub), and draft a kid for 3-4 years from now.

Win-win-win.

There should be a secret page alerting us to who the interested parties are......get on to it Insider plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Back