Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Out; Petrucelle
In; Hutchings

I'd like to keep Waterman in. He was good today. Good leads, good hands, handy goals. Petrol started very well but is a bit of a panic merchant. His kicking was also shank city

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Is Cripps due back? If so, then it's a tight one between Cameron and Waterman. I wouldn't want to drop either of them based on today's performance. Perhaps Cameron of I had to choose.

Ghossein

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Team Arrogance
His arm made contact with Setterfield’s head in a routine tackle, and the umpire audio said Setterfield was groggy.

No case to answer.

Inb4

Medial Report: Setterfield - SEVERE CONCUSSION

Tribunal: REDDEN 2 WEEKS

West Coast appeal, Redden: "It was just a routine tackle, you can quite clearly tell my intent wasn't to harm"

Tribunal: yes but medical report says concussion, redden 2 weeks.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Unless there are forced changes, no changes atm.
Hutch can spend another week in the WAFL unless he is absolutely required to tag a Crows player. Otherwise Nelson can do the job instead. Cripps in for Cameron or Petch unless he plays a game in the WAFL first.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I might be in the minority here, but no changes

I watched the lads in the WAFL and while they were good, nobody for me stepped up and absolutely demanded selection.

Cripps can come back via the WAFL next week

It might not have been the massive percentage kick we wanted today, but at the same time away wins are worth their weight in gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
I disagree, I thought Cameron was way better than petrol today all day

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree. Cameron may get a few less stats but he can actually dispose of the ball. No killer disposals from Cameron. Petracelli has only been drafted because of his speed everything else is s**t house. He should be a sprinter not a footballer

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I think Schofield is in our best team because he allows McGovern to intercept but he would want to bounce back after being well beaten by Harry McKay today.
I actually thought he was pretty good. McKay got a couple of goals on the lead from good work up the field but was relatively well held outside of that. Can have 10 marks or 20 on the wing if he wants, stats are less important than damage, and schofield limited the damage.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I might be in the minority here, but no changes

I watched the lads in the WAFL and while they were good, nobody for me stepped up and absolutely demanded selection.

Cripps can come back via the WAFL next week

It might not have been the massive percentage kick we wanted today, but at the same time away wins are worth their weight in gold.
Cripps straight in. Massively underrated around here.

I'd say in for Cameron. Petch rolls up to stoppages a bit more late in games, not sure we can get that from JC at this stage. Close call though.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I actually thought he was pretty good. McKay got a couple of goals on the lead from good work up the field but was relatively well held outside of that. Can have 10 marks or 20 on the wing if he wants, stats are less important than damage, and schofield limited the damage.
You're OK with a dedicated stopper's opponent marking it 11 times?

How about when McKay stepped around Schofield on the mark and banged it through from 50?

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
You're OK with a dedicated stopper's opponent marking it 11 times?

How about when McKay stepped around Schofield on the mark and banged it through from 50?
Yep, on the wing I am. Would be interested to know his score involvements (cue stat to disprove me).

Rioli had the same thing last week. It's going to happen now and then, but McKay didn't look dangerous unless he was streaming out on a lead (tbh no defender in the comp will stop any forward when the kicker has time and space).

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep, on the wing I am. Would be interested to know his score involvements (cue stat to disprove me).

Rioli had the same thing last week. It's going to happen now and then, but McKay didn't look dangerous unless he was streaming out on a lead (tbh no defender in the comp will stop any forward when the kicker has time and space).
Rioli is not in the team specifically to prevent an opponent marking the ball.

Schofield has one job: lock onto an opposition tall and neutralise him in the air.

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Schofield has one job: lock onto an opposition tall and neutralise him in the air.
In the past though, he seemed to be used to defend against smaller players than himself, could match them on speed, and his height was an advantage, now it seems, we put him on the bigger key forwards, where, inevitably, he gets outsized every now and then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back