Universal Love IT WAS FUN NOT HAVING A LID IN 2019 - BUT GWS AND RICHMOND NAILED THE 2020 LID BACK ON

Is the Lid now “OFFICIALLY” off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who still has a lid, (reverse the letters in lid ) is a dil(l).

Listened to the second half of Hawks game in Dili. Going to the pool for a beer (no lid ) and a perusal of all footy sites.
Literally the Dracula to saucy, classy big-tiddy Alucard

Wonder if any vic press will really notice us now.. Hawks where still favs today 2nd playing 10th
And that Voodoo loosing 2nd on the ladder. we are 2 wins and 1 loss second.
Need to win the next 2 which we should, then 2 big wins to end the season.
Thanks the Blues for getting our season going again like 2001

Can we bump it mods? PleasePleasePleasePlease

Can we bump it mods? PleasePleasePleasePlease
Pls no that thread appears to be strongly cursed

Doesn’t matter who we play we’re gonna get teamed. #realitycheck
I presume you meant reamed?

In any case you seem to be certain that we are doomed at least relatively speaking compared to the general optimistic bent around here atm ... at what point would you concede that you were incorrect ie if we win x games or our percentage is >y etc?

ie What would Billy consider to be a acceptable season and what would he consider to be a good season and at what point would his lid be removed should we get there?

Expecting - 7 wins.

Pass mark? - 12 wins

Lid removed > 12

Thank you for answering!

First time I asked someone a question like that and actually gotten an answer :)

*respect*

On behalf of our absent friend Mr B Puller I would like to declare that as of today, being the passing of the >12 win benchmark of our season, that his LID is off and, admittedly one week too late **, that even he now considers this season to have been a success!

** in my memory it was 13 for the pass mark and have been waiting for the extra win to post :$

They did him a dirty there. Being vague in the title about his age just to blurt it out in one of the opening paragraphs :(

Seems like he'll have the boys in hand with how he gets them to focus which is good!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beating Geelong in round 22 would truly obliterate the lid. Could see us with 2 home finals depending on percentage.

Looking at the ladder, if we win two of the next four we should be right to stay in the top four. It would require Essendon, Collingwood or GWS to win all four of their remaining games plus percentage.

For top two, I’d imagine we’d need to win at least three of them, and a better percentage than both Richmond and West Coast (unless Geelong lose three of their next four).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok so plugging the worst possible results into the ladder predictor again ... the worst we can do is equal 6/7 (depending on percentage) ... not bad coming from 16th to our worst nightmare being 7th!
Sorry but Lid OFF is winning the last 3 games and finishing 1 or 2. 😀

True ... but I believe you are assuming that my post was indicative of my personal level of liddedness rather than an update of our position. ;) But I do agree that if I ran that and it was mathematically impossible for us to be lower than 2nd that would have to be at least an acting lid off position!

For the non believers this will help with lid movement

Marc Maclure agrees with you, always thought he was an astute judge. As for D King well just meh.

Triple premiership Blue Maclure is all-in on the Lions, predicting them to finish on top of the ladder thanks to wins over Geelong and Richmond in the final two rounds.

“If you want to be really good, you’ve got to beat someone at the MCG — and they’re a big club, Richmond, and I think they (Brisbane) are going good enough to do it,” Maclure told Fox Footy’s AFL 360.

Marc Maclure agrees with you, always thought he was an astute judge. As for D King well just meh.

Triple premiership Blue Maclure is all-in on the Lions, predicting them to finish on top of the ladder thanks to wins over Geelong and Richmond in the final two rounds.

“If you want to be really good, you’ve got to beat someone at the MCG — and they’re a big club, Richmond, and I think they (Brisbane) are going good enough to do it,” Maclure told Fox Footy’s AFL 360.

In fairness to King, he based it off us beating Gold Coast and losing to Geelong and Richmond and other teams around us winning all three games, which isn't too far fetched.

Back