Review Round 20, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs

Who were your five best players against Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale is going to be one of the first 5 or 6 players picked.

Played all games in a top 4 side. Many outstanding games . No poor ones .Our best player.

You on the turps tonight Jackess ?

Just not biased. There's probably 10-12 trying to fit into about 6 spots and I think Neale could miss out.

I come away from that game thinking, how the hell did we win that game with the ease we did. We got absolutely smacked in the midfield. Just shows how well our back and forward lines are going at this moment.

lurveeedd Hodgey chasing after Dixon, those hammys will be hanging on by a thread after tonight

I come away from that game thinking, how the hell did we win that game with the ease we did. We got absolutely smacked in the midfield. Just shows how well our back and forward lines are going at this moment.

lurveeedd Hodgey chasing after Dixon, those hammys will be hanging on by a thread after tonight

We had 20 more effective kicks and 51 more pressure acts.

It's all about the pressure acts.

74f3cc3a7971dcc426eefc2c681f79f9.jpg

35ed1426ea57542e13be1c4e6ee8ff22.jpg

Amazing first half. Like, scary good. That should send a message to the rest of the competition. Mitch, Stef, Charles, Harris and and Dizzy Gardiner for mine.
That is awesome! Good on them.

So who's the 5 more important to wins for their team that has enabled success for their team than him ?

Can see Kelly, MacRae, Bont, Fyfe, Boak, Dusty and Cripps making it.

He'd be a deserving all Australian but he's no certainty.

The Tackle: Mark Robinson’s likes and dislikes from Round 20

In the Brisbane Lions. Three teams are equal on 56 points, Richmond has 52 and GWS and Collingwood have 48. Over the next three weeks Richmond plays Brisbane and West Coast. Brisbane also faces Geelong. The top-of-the- table battle is tantalising and no team is more appealing than the Lions. There might be other teams carrying the confidence of punters, but the Lions have to be taken seriously. A top-two position is not beyond them — nor is a premiership, although a hamstring injury to skipper Dayne Zorko presents a major problem. But any team with Charlie Cameron as its deep forward is a threat. He is the game’s most exhilarating forward right now.

Will be weird seeing the Brownlow medalist not named in the AA. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well of those trying to look at it impartially the only ones whom you could argue have had better years are Bont and.... well I was going to say Cripps but he's had weeks out plus some down days .Macrae and Fyffe have had good years but more influential than Neale where we're sitting on the ladder ? Dusty has been good lately but crikey he had a lot of poor games ,for him ,early. Neale hasn't missed a game or played an ordinary one . I don't think people realise how good he is.

Still 3 games to go but at this juncture he's one of the first picked imo

If the crowd lifts the team then Robbo lifts the crowd. While I sit with a group of old players who know the game intricately we have a few partners who don't and 2 completely newbies this year. Robbo is their favourite, his run and chase alone gets them excited. They love Steph's muscles and Harris's intercept marking but when Robbo is near the ball the crowd around us is just a buzz, like Acker was I guess but you can feel them lift. All the boys went well, no changes next week unless Zorko is rested which he should be and Keays comes in. Special mention this week to Answerth, we have a beauty there. Ling might have had a few clangers but look at the block he put on the Bont that allowed Neale to run through the ruck, take the tap from Martin on the chest and goal, his awareness around the ruck is fantastic and i see why he hols his position.

If the crowd lifts the team then Robbo lifts the crowd. While I sit with a group of old players who know the game intricately we have a few partners who don't and 2 completely newbies this year. Robbo is their favourite, his run and chase alone gets them excited. They love Steph's muscles and Harris's intercept marking but when Robbo is near the ball the crowd around us is just a buzz, like Acker was I guess but you can feel them lift. All the boys went well, no changes next week unless Zorko is rested which he should be and Keays comes in. Special mention this week to Answerth, we have a beauty there. Ling might have had a few clangers but look at the block he put on the Bont that allowed Neale to run through the ruck, take the tap from Martin on the chest and goal, his awareness around the ruck is fantastic and i see why he hols his position.
100% .Linc has been doing a lot of unnoticed backroom work in the forward line all year .He's a total team player.

I reckon it's time to debut one of Smith or Berry. Perfect game to give either a shot.

Further to that if Linc needs a break then Cox up forward would be great to see.

Cox or Keays

Back