2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

Given our recent draft history and our hopeless negotiating efforts at the trade table, I think we'd be best placed not taking our picks to the draft and avoid trading with other clubs. That's the only way we climb back up the ladder in 2020 and beyond.

In more recent times we haven't been too shabby. Brayshaw, Petracca, Salem and Oliver all looking pretty good for early selections to me?

In more recent times we haven't been too shabby. Brayshaw, Petracca, Salem and Oliver all looking pretty good for early selections to me?

Wrong. Chock full of wrongness.

Wrong. Chock full of wrongness.

Elaborate? I've been a critic of Trac, but he's finally hitting some form as that Jordan Degoey type. Brayshaw teking his game to the next level last year and almost winning the Brownlow? Not as great this year due to being played out of position. Oliver the most solid midfielder we've had in donkeys. Salem likely to be runner up in this year's B&F taking his game to another level also?

Other recent early draft picks? Alright Weideman is still up for discussion however most KPFs take until their early to mid 20s to hit their peak.

What else am I missing?

It never ceases to astound me how many people get sucked in by Cannon82

giphy.gif

Harley Bennell wants to continue his AFL career.

In theory he's everything we need in a player. Fast and a beautiful user of the ball. Also perennially injured so he also has something in common with the rest of our list in case you were worried about him fitting in.

Worth a shot in my opinion

In theory he's everything we need in a player. Fast and a beautiful user of the ball. Also perennially injured so he also has something in common with the rest of our list in case you were worried about him fitting in.

Throw him a rookie spot. If he can do better elsewhere, good luck to him.

If we were Richmond, Hawthorn or Geelong, we might consider it.

Unfortunately we can’t take on the baggage that this guy brings because we aren’t strong enough to brush off the fallout when it likely goes balls up.

Apparently Bennell had some sort of calf surgery and they have found a nerve issue. If this procedure has worked I’d throw him a lifeline. Can’t go wrong with a rookie pick. If he mucks up he is out. The guy has serious talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Bennell had some sort of calf surgery and they have found a nerve issue. If this procedure has worked I’d throw him a lifeline. Can’t go wrong with a rookie pick. If he mucks up he is out. The guy has serious talent.

Apparently he had some sort of getting cooked issue as well.

Pass.

I didn’t see it but I’m told Matthew Rowell played a blinder for Carey Grammar this week.

If we don’t trade our pick and maintain second last (looking likely), we can lock in Noah Anderson at MFC next year.
Until GC get that priority pick :)

I don't think we can wrong with either player tbh - even if Rowell is solidly inside he seems to very highly rated and if he pushes Brayshaw or Viney out of the side (like Sam Walsh would have done already IMO) then so be it.

Until GC get that priority pick :)

I don't think we can wrong with either player tbh - even if Rowell is solidly inside he seems to very highly rated and if he pushes Brayshaw or Viney out of the side (like Sam Walsh would have done already IMO) then so be it.

Rowell is extremely competitive and hard working so he fits our drafting ethos in that regard.

Would just be a shame to have the best available bring a short inside mid.

Rowell is extremely competitive and hard working so he fits our drafting ethos in that regard.

Would just be a shame to have the best available bring a short inside mid.
What we need is a player like Stack really - high impact in any part of the ground. Or a Rozee/Stephenson/Rankine type up forward.

I really hope GC aren't handed a priority pick, Anderson seems like the player we need, tall and athletic.

I really hope GC aren't handed a priority pick, Anderson seems like the player we need, tall and athletic.

Reckon you can lock in GC with the top two picks now.

Reckon you can lock in GC with the top two picks now.

I actually want to see GC work, so I want the AFL to help them somehow. Top 2 picks isn't going to be the fix though - they need to find a way to get 2 x Top 20 players in the competition there...

I actually want to see GC work, so I want the AFL to help them somehow. Top 2 picks isn't going to be the fix though - they need to find a way to get 2 x Top 20 players in the competition there...
Give them access to the top rated Queensland prospect in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back