Last race, best race. Can Hungary F1 2019 live up to the hype?

Remove this Banner Ad

This race finally proves once and for all that Hamilton is not a great driver and only a good one. Has the faster car and that's it. Not even the best driver in the field.
Erm, he's won at least one race every single season he's raced. Outscored a teammate over a season on all but two occasions. On his debut season he took on and equalled the then-reigning double world champion Fernando Alonso. I think he's a bit more than just good.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Erm, he's won at least one race every single season he's raced. Outscored a teammate over a season on all but two occasions. On his debut season he took on and equalled the then-reigning double world champion Fernando Alonso. I think he's a bit more than just good.

And he's been in a top car almost every season he's raced, if not the top car. You don't get to call yourself the greatest if you can't beat your team mate in an identical car.

And he's been in a top car almost every season he's raced, if not the top car. You don't get to call yourself the greatest if you can't beat your team mate in an identical car.
By that logic, we can say that about most drivers. No one has been a race winner in anything less than a good car. No one has won a world championship in anything less than a very good car.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By that logic, we can say that about most drivers. No one has been a race winner in anything less than a good car. No one has won a world championship in anything less than a very good car.

Yes they have, that's such a fallacy and you know it.

Yes they have, that's such a fallacy and you know it.
OK, so over the last thirty years, which drivers have won championships in a an uncompetitive car? How many did Senna win racing for Toleman? When Prost started out in an uncompetitive McLaren in 1980, how many races did he win that season? Why wasn't Michael Schumacher a world champion in 96, 97, 98, or 99? Why did Alonso not win races for Minardi or with McLaren Honda?

OK, so over the last thirty years, which drivers have won championships in a an uncompetitive car? How many did Senna win racing for Toleman? When Prost started out in an uncompetitive McLaren in 1980, how many races did he win that season? Why wasn't Michael Schumacher a world champion in 96, 97, 98, or 99? Why did Alonso not win races for Minardi or with McLaren Honda?

Lol. Drawing a longer bow than Dursma

He's one of the greats. Giant flog, but he's very good.

Side note: he was beaten by Button overall in their time together at McLaren though...

To answer the thread title, probably not.
I believe it was a better than normal race.
The roll of the dice that ended in victory for Mercedes, and the complaints from the driver that they weren’t on the right strategy, certainly kept up interest until almost the end.
The mid ranked contest wasn’t bad.
Not a classic race by any stretch of the imagination, and yes maybe not living up to the hype.
But not a bad race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back