Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like I've heard this one played at the gabba a fair bit. Maybe I'm thinking of Welcome to the Jungle.
Anyway, something like this would suit the buildup in the minute before the bounce.

This would sound awesome played right through....the louder the better reverberating around the Gabba, blasting their ears getting a good grip of where they are!

OK - my latest suggestion. Forget Aussie classics, instead I've gone about as (geographically) opposite as possible... Icelandic Funk Rock.

Might suffer from the same problem as Welcome to the Jungle though - by the time you get to the third line, no one knows the words. Still, it hypes up, challenges the opposition, and an awesome song.

We just have to be careful not to confuse it with Kaleo's better known hit, 'Way Down We Go'. That one might not be the tone we're looking for. 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you explain what the situation was?
What section were you in, what example of bars were too long, etc? Makes it easier to investigate and give back to the Gabba.

Hello LI, appreciate your work. What are the chances of opening up more food options at the Gabba? I know we are restricted by O'Briens but their vegetarian options are really limited. We generally go outside and bring food in.

What section were you in, what example of bars were too long, etc? Makes it easier to investigate and give back to the Gabba.
The problem we encountered was the bars around section 61. The boutique beer bars were closed and the lines at the members bar were horrendous. This happened a few games ago when there was an expectation the crowd would be lower (& it wasn't). There also looked like there were problems with some of the food outlets sections 62,63 as we were walking back to our seats for the 3rd qtr start.

I wonder if this is another game that we exceeded attendance expectations for catering - there were more than 25,000 bums on seats last night, great turnout against a team we don't normally draw a large crowd for.

I wonder if this is another game that we exceeded attendance expectations for catering - there were more than 25,000 bums on seats last night, great turnout against a team we don't normally draw a large crowd for.
We share our crowd estimates with the Gabba from three weeks out til about 48 hours before the game, we had ~24,000 in our final estimate.

It was a similar issue around section 71, and I was pretty annoyed when I went out at 3/4 time looking for a pie only to find the outlet just outside of section 71 was closed.

I was in around section 73. Long waits at all 3 hot food vendors adjacent plus the souvlaki stand where I waited about 10 mins. Also sold out of pies by half time.

Do O’Brien’s take into account whether they’re catering games around dinner time? Most other games miss main meals, or in the case of night game people grab their food usually before first bounce.

I was in around section 73. Long waits at all 3 hot food vendors adjacent plus the souvlaki stand where I waited about 10 mins. Also sold out of pies by half time.

Do O’Brien’s take into account whether they’re catering games around dinner time? Most other games miss main meals, or in the case of night game people grab their food usually before first bounce.
Souvlaki stand??? Directions please. Include a map.

Gday Li it seems that podcast on audioBoom etc have become null and void once again ??
Thought the same thing, they're pretty much just the Roar Deal with the very odd interview.

Would be great if it could be kept up to date given its nigh on impossible for even the most hardcore Lions fan, which most of us all are on here, can listen or know about all interviews, despite wanting to listen to them all.

I’m in 66 - the food and drink places were ridiculously slow ... especially between 62 and 66.

Huge unsafe lines were forming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back