Moved Thread Hawthorn "sucking Tasmania dry" ... calls for them to GTFO

So, it's good for the national comp to have another club unable to pay it's own way, contributing little or nothing to the health and welfare of the league finances, and likely to only ever go backwards from there?

Odd how you pick and choose when to apply sentiment, and when to insist on financial rigor.

Here we go .....good ol tesla and his obsession continues. What telslie posts is pure opinion from a troll.

Can confidently say that say that the investment from the AFL would not be what has gone to Gold Coast, would be sustainable.

Honestly believe Tesla's first girlriend, ditched him and he has held a grudge ever since.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
Mclaren Mercedes F1
So, it's good for the national comp to have another club unable to pay it's own way, contributing little or nothing to the health and welfare of the league finances, and likely to only ever go backwards from there?

Odd how you pick and choose when to apply sentiment, and when to insist on financial rigor.
Takr off your blinkers we are stuck with 18 clubs & heaps of clibs thst cant pay their way, no more teams IMHO,

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Here we go .....good ol tesla and his obsession continues. What telslie posts is pure opinion from a troll.

Can confidently say that say that the investment from the AFL would not be what has gone to Gold Coast, would be sustainable.

Honestly believe Tesla's first girlriend, ditched him and he has held a grudge ever since.

Smart girl that, but is it sexist ...

Ahh, good old Verdun. Can't beat the argument with facts, so always play the man.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door

What the heck is wrong with the Liberal party, trying to kill a Tasmanian team by screaming parochial nonsense. Reminiscent of their scare campaigns on refugees and taxes, a total disgrace.

Yes. The AFL isn't poor.

Ahh, good old Verdun. Can't beat the argument with facts, so always play the man.

I really am intrigued why you continue to post on this topic? You have your opinion (not facts) as do others including it does not make the debate black or white. If you are offended by my post I apologise.

There have been numerous reports that I have quoted to you (going back to the Gemba report that outline both the benefits to Tas, the sustainability and the AFL) and it is obvious as others have pointed out that Tas should be stronger in stopping funding AFL clubs.

Basketball and potentially the NSL will win out of this lack of action here in Tas with investment in a club that will be based here both privately and from govt. The AFL has relied on Tasmanians love for the game to rip us off.

Apr 24, 2018
What the heck is wrong with the Liberal party, trying to kill a Tasmanian team by screaming parochial nonsense. Reminiscent of their scare campaigns on refugees and taxes, a total disgrace.

Yes. The AFL isn't poor.
Parochial nonsense killing a Tasmanian team 😂 you have got to be kidding yet it’s ok for all the expansion numfties there ceo included crying out for the poor little Gold Coast suns never been giving a chance can you please give us the number 1 pick and a extra million on cap we bring so much Auskick numbers have gone up in qld all because of the suns 😂

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Yes. The AFL isn't poor.

Not sure why you choose to politicise the Tourism Industry Council but ....

Sure, the AFL are not poor yet they can spend more than they earn & run at a Loss as they did a couple of years back.

Hawk Dork

30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
Hawks
Well going buy official tv ratings over the last 5 years Gws and the suns have not brought any extra viewers either so have they been a failure going buy your kpi
Have you got the figures?
I think its safe to assume the potential to convert viewers is way higher in non traditional AFL states

Im not anti a Tassie team I just think it will need to be a relocation/rebrand rather than a fresh one

Time will tell ...good luck I hope your right

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
Boston Celtics
So basically they’re saying Tasmanian money is moving to Victoria, making Tasmania a poorer state.

And they want a Tasmania team so money is flowing in, instead of out.

Do they want a team for the money or the emotion??
I don't think it's a case of one or the other, I would think they'd want the emotion a team brings with it as well as the money.

Apr 24, 2018
Have you got the figures?
I think its safe to assume the potential to convert viewers is way higher in non traditional AFL states

Im not anti a Tassie team I just think it will need to be a relocation/rebrand rather than a fresh one

Time will tell ...good luck I hope your right
Google the ratings and you will see no doubt there is a lot of room for growth in those markets so far there hasn't been the spike like the afl predicted though . Im not sure about a relocated club I know it worked with the swans that was a complete new market at the time though I think we are a lot more like when afl first went to wa and sa a state full of established fans a a complete new team is the way to go get people on board right from the start a relocated club would have to be completely rebranded colours emblem mascot everything and would take a couple generations to get the support you would end up with a mess like the suns !

Apr 12, 2012
GWS
Google the ratings and you will see no doubt there is a lot of room for growth in those markets so far there hasn't been the spike like the afl predicted though . Im not sure about a relocated club I know it worked with the swans that was a complete new market at the time though I think we are a lot more like when afl first went to wa and sa a state full of established fans a a complete new team is the way to go get people on board right from the start a relocated club would have to be completely rebranded colours emblem mascot everything and would take a couple generations to get the support you would end up with a mess like the suns !

Really? You know their time frames on growth?

I doubt that.

Apr 12, 2012
GWS
Do you honestly think the growth has met expectations and do you think there should be timeframes?

I do not have a problem with a team in Western Sydney, makes sense.

I'm sure they do have a time frame to hit targets.
I doubt any of us know what they are.

The only time frames I've seen since day dot, even before then, has been it's a generational plan of 20 to 30 years.

They have been upfront and honest about that from the get go.

Apr 12, 2012
GWS
No I don’t know there time frames I checked the ratings from when gws and suns came in to now and there hasn’t been growth!
Considering before we came in there was zero and now there's thousands I would say that's growth.
There was zero members and now there's 30k.
More growth.
There was zero attendances and it's sitting at just over 12k.
Even more growth.

That's before getting into the explosion of the game in Western Sydney grassroots.

Do you hold the same ideals about growth for your own club or is there an age that a club gets to where it doesn't matter?

Apr 24, 2018
Considering before we came in there was zero and now there's thousands I would say that's growth.
There was zero members and now there's 30k.
More growth.
There was zero attendances and it's sitting at just over 12k.
Even more growth.

That's before getting into the explosion of the game in Western Sydney grassroots.

Do you hold the same ideals about growth for your own club or is there an age that a club gets to where it doesn't matter?
No doubt there is growth in all the areas you mentioned mate I’m purely talking about tv ratings- viewership was responding to a post were it was mentioned tv viewership was one of the main kpi for expansion you can google the ratings if you wish !