Player Watch #10: Shane Edwards - Retiring at Seasons end

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes the play with his handballs in traffic. Just sees where the next player needs to go and puts the ball there so they go there. His possession count should have a Sheds multiplier applied to see his true worth in the stats.

was that dimma or titch, dusty, cotchin, rance, jack...

dont remember dimma getting many touches

Ahhh, your one of those guys. Let me guess, it was Blakes premiership ;)

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

sante felt like he struggled last night because of the lack of responsibility.

Maybe it's time for Hall of Fame & statue outside Punt Rd?

sante felt like he struggled last night because of the lack of responsibility.

Maybe it's time for Hall of Fame & statue outside Punt Rd?

He’ll be back to his best this week

I know we've had some success with Edwards off the half back line but I don't want him left there to rot. He needs decent midfield minutes as well IMO. Given that Vlastuin played midfield on the weekend, they could quite comfortably swap. It's nice to keep the opposition guessing and to make sure Edward's creativity and flare is up in more dangerous areas of the ground at times too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pleased to say Sheds was always my boy - I was always his biggest fan. I went through a few years of agony during his inconsistent period when we didn't know how to use him (as a stopper HBF???), and his kicking and general disposal was eye-wateringly bad, but his last few years have been sensational. Very nearly BOG in the GF, and his whole 2017 season was brilliant (his 2018 AA was a year late).

I'm pleased to say Sheds was always my boy - I was always his biggest fan. I went through a few years of agony during his inconsistent period when we didn't know how to use him (as a stopper HBF???), and his kicking and general disposal was eye-wateringly bad, but his last few years have been sensational. Very nearly BOG in the GF, and his whole 2017 season was brilliant (his 2018 AA was a year late).

When he has the ball I am confident. Not everyone in the team distills that confidence in me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back