List Mgmt. 7 Players wanting out? (only 7?)

Who wants out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, unfortunately the link didn't work but I imagine the poor rating had something to do with the fact we don't play the kids as early as every other team. They can't be rated if they don't play.
Or poor recruiting as you suggest.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Players are rated regardless of if they are playing twos or firsts

So that dispels that theory

But you can just say it's a biased report if you like and that it's not possible to be the worst because we have the best recruiting manager

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks, unfortunately the link didn't work but I imagine the poor rating had something to do with the fact we don't play the kids as early as every other team. They can't be rated if they don't play.
Or poor recruiting as you suggest.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Here's the link -
And this was the criteria
Our panel of reporters assessed the young players from all 18 AFL clubs and ranked them according to the group they'd most like at their club.
This would've been 3 or 4 people in a boardroom for a few hours, just looking over teams sheets to create an opinion.
No way are they meticulously going over state league stats/footage for a daily fluff piece.

Here's the link -

This would've been 3 or 4 people in a boardroom for a few hours, just looking over teams sheets to create an opinion.
No way are they meticulously going over state league stats/footage for a daily fluff piece.

So who do you think is qualified to rate our youth?

Don Pyke
Elite Crow of the AFC BF board
Chad Cornes

So who do you think is qualified to rate our youth?

Don Pyke
Elite Crow of the AFC BF board
Chad Cornes
It doesnt matter who you choose, they're unlikely to have a fail proof methodology, or will likely have some form of bias, which isnt necessarily a problem, you just need to acknowledge it.

However, I'd likely take the opinion of someone who's actively watched most of our SANFL games over someone who's just perused stats.

In regards to who is in the best position to rank our youth against other clubs?
Well I reckon there's likely only a handful of people with the time and desire to actually pay attention to all AFL and state level games, and I doubt they're writing puff pieces or doing breakfast radio.

The club never offered Davis a contract.

Similar to Gold Coast with Tom Lynch, Adelaide were prepared to let Davis walk to GWS knowing they would get pick 2 in the pre-draft (which they took B.Crouch) and then got Luke Brown as steak knives.
That's rubbish.

The Crows said it was impossible to compete with the inflated offers from the AFL newcomers.

"Once we found out what we were up against with Phil, we put an offer together that was way, way, way over any offer to a 20-game player in the history of this football club," Crows football manager Phil Harper said.

"It still wasn't in the ballpark. I don't think we as a club could have done any more to keep Phil here.

Here's the link -

To gauge the state league players they’d have to be watching all the state league games and we know that’s not going to happen.

If relying just on stats they’d see Douglas in the best and our younger kids have quieter games not realising that Douglas played midfield for 80% of the time our kids were shunted to half forward flanks.

Then there’s the comparison of kids playing AFL they will automatically be ranked higher and that comes down to our backward selection philosophies which certain supporters back in because they have oldmanitis.

Anyone hanging their hat on that article obviously has an agenda. Especially when they ignore the lack of low picks compared to the other clubs. Perhaps we should look at our clubs philosophy of wanting to be competitive each year, Fagan even said it last week.

Then it’s hilarious on one hand some can criticise the club for their competitive philosophy all year and then ignore the consequences on our young talent and instead blame the recruiter.

As I said it’s agenda driven.

That's rubbish.

The Crows said it was impossible to compete with the inflated offers from the AFL newcomers.

"Once we found out what we were up against with Phil, we put an offer together that was way, way, way over any offer to a 20-game player in the history of this football club," Crows football manager Phil Harper said.

"It still wasn't in the ballpark. I don't think we as a club could have done any more to keep Phil here.

So we offered $300k instead of the absolute base rate and he left 😂

To gauge the state league players they’d have to be watching all the state league games and we know that’s not going to happen.

If relying just on stats they’d see Douglas in the best and our younger kids have quieter games not realising that Douglas played midfield for 80% of the time our kids were shunted to half forward flanks.

Then there’s the comparison of kids playing AFL they will automatically be ranked higher and that comes down to our backward selection philosophies which certain supporters back in because they have oldmanitis.

Anyone hanging their hat on that article obviously has an agenda. Especially when they ignore the lack of low picks compared to the other clubs. Perhaps we should look at our clubs philosophy of wanting to be competitive each year, Fagan even said it last week.

Then it’s hilarious on one hand some can criticise the club for their competitive philosophy all year and then ignore the consequences on our young talent and instead blame the recruiter.

As I said it’s agenda driven.
Great then when selecting a team you need to be on top of the SANFL the players attitude THEIR training and commitment

Wait that's pyke and his mates

But BF boffins who have NFI of this are saying what you are saying now about others judging

Hypocrisy at its finest

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lucky this year when we finish a competitive 8th on the back of playing old players, we won’t just get a competitive draft pick thanks to the Carlton swap, we’ll draft a player with better percentage of being a gun.

But hang on when that player sits in the SANFL as that’s how we don’t develop our players, we will finish 18th again on a list created by people who don’t watch all the state league games but look at stats like some posters.

But ignoring all that, Hamish didn’t draft Burton so he sucks.

That's rubbish.

Our pay structure still kills us when bottom clubs with cap come after young players at the bottom of the time-served scale.

As Harper alludes to there, it's based on games played rather than talent/potential. We seem to think it inspires loyalty. The longer you stay, the more we pay.

The difference between us and Geelong who use a similar pay structure is they ruthlessly move on even club legends when they are getting near the hill, let alone over it, while players like Dmac and Douglas don't get to 250 games there, so there is more money spread around at the bottom of the time-served scale.

Lever, Cameron and McGovern all left because of money, not any of the silly rumours about half time punch ups or camps or break up meetings. They've made a big difference. Not just the loss of talent from a GF side but the loss of stability has really hurt and now we're in an age-profile crisis.

Lucky this year when we finish a competitive 8th on the back of playing old players, we won’t just get a competitive draft pick thanks to the Carlton swap, we’ll draft a player with better percentage of being a gun.

But hang on when that player sits in the SANFL as that’s how we don’t develop our players, we will finish 18th again on a list created by people who don’t watch all the state league games but look at stats like some posters.

But ignoring all that, Hamish didn’t draft Burton so he sucks.

Coaches will know when a player is ready to cope

Jones and McHenry even in my untrained eye look vulnerable to the AFL

Not all players will paly much in their first year like dane swan who took three years or tom Mitchell who took three years or Max Gawn taking 5 years even your solid ones like hodge or voss took a few years to get going

You bag the AFL reporters for casting judgement on players but you are and are untrained like myself

At least they watch a truck load of footy and have information at their fingertips

Maybe they are right maybe they are wrong but they are simply the most qualified to cast judgement apart from our own coaches who you don't rate anyway

AS for recruiting that can be reviewed like everything else if an external review is done, but its a bit late the milk is spilt isn't it, I don't rate our youth at all and its going to cost us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches will know when a player is ready to cope

Jones and McHenry even in my untrained eye look vulnerable to the AFL

Not all players will paly much in their first year like dane swan who took three years or tom Mitchell who took three years or Max Gawn taking 5 years even your solid ones like hodge or voss took a few years to get going

You bag the AFL reporters for casting judgement on players but you are and are untrained like myself

At least they watch a truck load of footy and have information at their fingertips

Maybe they are right maybe they are wrong but they are simply the most qualified to cast judgement apart from our own coaches who you don't rate anyway

AS for recruiting that can be reviewed like everything else if an external review is done, but its a bit late the milk is spilt isn't it, I don't rate our youth at all and its going to cost us
The hilarious thing is you don’t even realise when you expose your hypocrisy. You’ve just named guns who took time to make it and yet because ours are taking time primarily because we don’t play them, you don’t rate them.

Besides an untrained eye, you have a biased one and that’s all because Hamish didn’t draft a guy you know. It makes your opinion on our drafting just spam.

As for those reporters they would not be watching all the state league games, they’d watch the AFL. To suggest otherwise is again more bias.

As is ignoring the lack of high draft picks when evaluating our under 23s. You yourself said draft picks are all percentages. But your bias doesn’t allow you to take that into account, you ignore you said it.

As is criticising posters all year for being happy to be competitive and yet it’s actually you and the club who back in senior older players who have been a key part in us being competitive and not winning a thing.

As Fagan said last week, their goal is to build a competitive list for next year. Competitive, not a list to win premierships. It’s how our club operates and that extends to our selections.

But again your bias won’t allow you to admit any of that, you’ll just continue to spam the board with your repetitive drivel. Even on the Fogarty thread, you tried to bring up our recruiting.

I actually had you on ignore for the last week, I could see posters responses and I knew they were engaging with your. Occasionally I unignored your posts as I did this morning and again I could see the same biased drivel.

It’s pretty bad that even though I know you I can’t tolerate reading your crap anymore. You’ll go back on ignore, I won’t bother reading your reply to this and I won’t read your posts any further. I’ll just gauge by other posters responses that you must still be carrying on like a Wally.

The hilarious thing is you don’t even realise when you expose your hypocrisy. You’ve just named guns who took time to make it and yet because ours are taking time primarily because we don’t play them, you don’t rate them.

Besides an untrained eye, you have a biased one and that’s all because Hamish didn’t draft a guy you know. It makes your opinion on our drafting just spam.

As for those reporters they would not be watching all the state league games, they’d watch the AFL. To suggest otherwise is again more bias.

As is ignoring the lack of high draft picks when evaluating our under 23s. You yourself said draft picks are all percentages. But your bias doesn’t allow you to take that into account, you ignore you said it.

As is criticising posters all year for being happy to be competitive and yet it’s actually you and the club who back in senior older players who have been a key part in us being competitive and not winning a thing.

As Fagan said last week, their goal is to build a competitive list for next year. Competitive, not a list to win premierships. It’s how our club operates and that extends to our selections.

But again your bias won’t allow you to admit any of that, you’ll just continue to spam the board with your repetitive drivel. Even on the Fogarty thread, you tried to bring up our recruiting.

I actually had you on ignore for the last week, I could see posters responses and I knew they were engaging with your. Occasionally I unignored your posts as I did this morning and again I could see the same biased drivel.

It’s pretty bad that even though I know you I can’t tolerate reading your crap anymore. You’ll go back on ignore, I won’t bother reading your reply to this and I won’t read your posts any further. I’ll just gauge by other posters responses that you must still be carrying on like a Wally.

Come on Elite go have a look at the posts I wrote earlier this year I said Tex is the key he has clearly failed this year, I know you love tex but he is finished and such an important player

Betts is finished Douglas is Sauce is Lynch is Talia is

Our midfield are plodders

Jones Mchenry Milera Doedee I don't care if they are number 1 picks they have a lot to prove before they are rated as guns if you think they are you are delusional

Thise players I mentioned play every week in the twos as did Gawn Swan Mitchel and Co, you develop where ever you play, they are playing every week you do realise

Here's the link -

Not even that much effort. They just got their staff writer for each club to write a few words on their particular club. There's no 3 or 4 people looking over each list, just 1 staff writer filling out a template.

Our pay structure still kills us when bottom clubs with cap come after young players at the bottom of the time-served scale.

As Harper alludes to there, it's based on games played rather than talent/potential. We seem to think it inspires loyalty. The longer you stay, the more we pay.

The difference between us and Geelong who use a similar pay structure is they ruthlessly move on even club legends when they are getting near the hill, let alone over it, while players like Dmac and Douglas don't get to 250 games there, so there is more money spread around at the bottom of the time-served scale.

Lever, Cameron and McGovern all left because of money, not any of the silly rumours about half time punch ups or camps or break up meetings. They've made a big difference. Not just the loss of talent from a GF side but the loss of stability has really hurt and now we're in an age-profile crisis.
You might have a point if you were talking about Lever. Your point has no validity, however, when discussing Davis.

The fact is that GC & GWS had massive salary cap advantages, which made it impossible for us to match the offers they threw at Bock & Davis. They had an extra $1M in the salary cap, and only a handful of senior players on the list. Rougly 80% of their team lists were 18-90yo kids, who had never played a senior game. As a result, they were able to throw bucket loads of cash at the players they grabbed from the other clubs. There was no way that Adelaide was ever going to be able to match their offer.

You might have a point if you were talking about Lever. Your point has no validity, however, when discussing Davis.

The fact is that GC & GWS had massive salary cap advantages, which made it impossible for us to match the offers they threw at Bock & Davis. They had an extra $1M in the salary cap, and only a handful of senior players on the list. Rougly 80% of their team lists were 18-90yo kids, who had never played a senior game. As a result, they were able to throw bucket loads of cash at the players they grabbed from the other clubs. There was no way that Adelaide was ever going to be able to match their offer.
Funny how both expansion clubs came knocking at our door.

And yet it was Phil Davis from the Adelaide Football Club who ended up at GWS not Some Other Guy from Some Other Club with a reasonable pay structure.

We'll never know. We didn't necessarily have to match, just make it worth not uprooting his life and friendships. I'm fairly certain Phil Harper's idea of an 'enormous offer for a 20 gamer' is pretty underwhelming.

More to the point though, I was talking about more recent happenings and how we still haven't learned anything wrt our pay structure/player retention.

Here's the link -

Stop arguing with the village idiot

With all the money we saved from not matching all these unmatchable offers, you’d have thought we could afford to pay a couple to stay after all

Back