Opinion Why didn't you go to todays game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do you say that?
Why?

I love that ground. Would have gone but I got called in to work.
It's a great little ground and a couple of years ago when I had memberships to both teams and therefore basically the choice of anywhere in the whole ground to sit, I loved going there, but I've since given up my Giants membership so the only option I could see of seats this time either had me staring directly into the sun or had the scoreboard at my back so I miss a heap of the action.
The away teams cheer squad really only get to see a third of the ground, I sat not far from them and because of the positioning of the scoreboard, I only knew when we had kicked a goal at the other end by the crowd reaction.
There's not much that can be done about the sun but they definitely need a second screen.

It's a great little ground and a couple of years ago when I had memberships to both teams and therefore basically the choice of anywhere in the whole ground to sit, I loved going there, but I've since given up my Giants membership so the only option I could see of seats this time either had me staring directly into the sun or had the scoreboard at my back so I miss a heap of the action.
The away teams cheer squad really only get to see a third of the ground, I sat not far from them and because of the positioning of the scoreboard, I only knew when we had kicked a goal at the other end by the crowd reaction.
There's not much that can be done about the sun but they definitely need a second screen.

Golly you would think those issues would have been thought through. It is odd some of the newer grounds are having real problems. Docklands is a complete disaster - positioning re sun, shyte surface and the new WA stadium just seems an OHS risk.

Golly you would think those issues would have been thought through. It is odd some of the newer grounds are having real problems. Docklands is a complete disaster - positioning re sun, s**t surface and the new WA stadium just seems an OHS risk.

Can confirm this happens everywhere.

Singapore National Stadium is built in a way that

* Grass doesn't get any sunlight
* Breed of grass doesn't like humid climates
* Artificial lights to keep grass alive
* Grass needs to be replaced every 4-6 months

You'd think that someone somewhere at some point would have thought about these kind of things.

I wanted to go, but Homebush is difficult to get to and like lazy I had no one to go with. Plus the swans have nothing to play for and I thought they'd probably get belted. Turned out to be a cracker, but I'm glad I didn't go coz that was a ******* mark and/or free kick and I dont care what Lloyd and Bartel think.

Can confirm this happens everywhere.

Singapore National Stadium is built in a way that

* Grass doesn't get any sunlight
* Breed of grass doesn't like humid climates
* Artificial lights to keep grass alive
* Grass needs to be replaced every 4-6 months

You'd think that someone somewhere at some point would have thought about these kind of things.

Huh! Amazing.

Methinks it is time for a new International Consultancy firm - Sataris and B52 Partners (SAB).

Charter - to advise on optimum sports stadium design.
Fees - 5% of capital cost of proposed new stadium.
Methodology - We employ forefront technologies - starting with a compass
Cutting edge advice - Usually this involves telling the turkeys not to build big car parks under the stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good points. The setting sun sucks.

I'm more exercised by that fact that it's a much easier ground for me to get to, and much easier to get the kids in and out of.

And a much better range of food outlets than the bloody SCG.

I come in Peace...

Clearly you guys got ripped off at the death of todays game.

This is not a Troll thread...

I was wondering why there was such a low crowd number today. I know 2pm timeslot on a Sat isn't the best, I know Bud's out, and you're not going to miss finals, but I wanted to ask what your individual reasons were for not going to the game, or you did go to the game and why your mates didn't.

I've lived in Sydney for 20 years in Lilyfield/ Leichhardt next to the Anzac bridge (no traffic I can drive to George st in the cbd in 5 min. I know the Westcox M4 tunnel means I get get from here to Giants stadium in just over 20 min. I know the train from Central to the ground...

I just couldn't understand why stands were closed and there were empty seats in every bay that was open... in a venue that has a Capacity of only 24,000.

From what I can tell Sydney has about 65,000 members and GWS 25,000.

That's 90,000 members in a hometown derby, yet stands were closed.

Now, I have reached out to a contact at Giants stadium and told them I think their pricing structure is completely out of wack and their charging for seats like they are Manchester United playing at home. I've also heard that GWS members who can get into every game until this one were told they needed to buy a reserved seat just for todays game. These things clearly affected attendance...

I've also heard alot of other stories I won't go into because I don't buy the reasons.

I would like to give a fair overview of feedback if I'm asked, as to why this derby is probably the lowest crowd ever.

(p.s - try to give me opinions not questions, i'll be putting a similar thread on GWS board and I just want to gather evidence as to why people didn't feel like it was worth going... I dont want to debate it here, I'd rather debate it with Giants stadium.

I'd appreciate your specific reasons

Thanks in advance guys.
Because Horse has been making Tanking smoke signals for weeks. He even picked K. Jack.

I’m just surprised now how good he is at masking the obvious tanking intention.

It was also beautiful day so I went for a surf. My gut told me Avoca would be a better Saturday than Blacktown.

I was not disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back