Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see it. Been playing injured the last couple of weeks though i reckon. Ruck time has gone down considerably I noticed and he’s been bandaged up heavily.

Might be his Shoulder that he did at Werribee

I wouldn't be messing with our defence personally.

Goldsack is a short term fix until Reid or Moore are ready.
Roughead has AFL level Ruck experience ( in a premiership side no less) and Goldsack has plenty of AFL level defending experience if I can put it so.
I think it’s a better short term solution than playing Goldsack forward and who presumably as the second ruck?

Roughead has AFL level Ruck experience ( in a premiership side no less) and Goldsack has plenty of AFL level defending experience if I can put it so.
I think it’s a better short term solution than playing Goldsack forward and who presumably as the second ruck?
It doesn't scream premiership does it?

Pretty sure he had shoulder arm and shin all strapped up.

giphy.gif

Yeah I think Goldsack is cooked personally......a defensive forward role and a chop out for Grundy is about all he has left I am afraid.

You know he will give it 100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max Lynch
With Mason Cox out for the rest of the season due to an eye injury, the door has opened for Lynch to make his AFL debut. The big man has enjoyed a very solid VFL season to date and finished the win over the Blues with 13 disposals and 17 hit-outs.

No Cox. No Reid. This is a good chance as any to give him exposure.

I think this is right. Unless we would instead just play Goldsack as a defensive forward changing into the ruck to not disrupt the backline.

Or maybe we play Goldsack as a true swing man, e.g. defensive forward while Grundy is rucking, and then when Grundy needs a break, Goldy switches to full back and Roughy takes the ruck. I know teams tend to hesitate rotating key defenders, but we may need to do this.

Just pick the best forward line you can get on the park, which I doubt includes Goldsack, Lynch or Roughhead. Roughy can play defence and handle the 10% ruck game time when Grundy rests. They normally have to cover Roughy's 10% bench rotation. They can just increase it to 25% to also cover his ruck rotation and the bit of extra bench time he'll need.

Not two names that I will hold my breath waiting for.
Let's be honest here, if they come back it's always going to be short term.
Two names that I would personally cull from the list.
Just need a month out of one of them, or even the two combined. Surely it's not beyond the realms of possibility?

We're going to need a miracle. Moore's hammies showing a lack of awareness may just be that miracle.

I doubt Lynch gets the opportunity. We were faced with the exact same scenario last year with McLarty, and whilst I’m not saying Lynch is done post 2019, but we didn’t give him the game because it wasn’t warranted. I’m not convinced Lynch has done enough yet. With Murphy, Moore and Reid edging closer to returns I don’t see him holding his spot regardless which will weigh heavily in our thinking re finals because unlike some on here the club hasn’t given up.

Not two names that I will hold my breath waiting for.
Let's be honest here, if they come back it's always going to be short term.
Two names that I would personally cull from the list.

I think you're right Otto.

On the way to work just now I heard that Reid has reinjured his calf. Stick a fork in him I am afraid.

Last year McLarty didn't get the nod coz we had checkers and Reid available and McLarty didn't have the tank. Right now we don't have that luxury and Lynch is one of our better runners. Well he get a gig who knows but I think it's a good option for this week. Got some tall timber in the demon's plus it can help Grundy stay fresh for longer in games and over the next few weeks plus let's him work on his forward craft with more time up forward. The team doesn't change structure from last week, it then comes a week by week proposition for him. He plays well enough then he books a game next week and so forth. If not we know what we got and we give something else a go. He is a big body at least and can provide a contest and be a target, let's see what the big boys got I reckon.

I assume this is Lynch's last year on the rookie list. He has worked hard on his game and realistically we have no idea what he is like at AFL level. He has been emergency 3 times while Cox and Grundy fit. With Cox out youd think he's a big chance to play. Do we play him? I'm not sure but he holds his own in the VFL against AFL listed ruckman. If we dont try we will never know, could be a Riley O'Brien surprise or ??

Yeah I think Goldsack is cooked personally......a defensive forward role and a chop out for Grundy is about all he has left I am afraid.

You know he will give it 100%
If all Goldsack can do is play as a defensive forward then we may as well roll the dice on Lynch. Godly is a zero threat forward, he is less of an aerial threat than Lynch and would get monstered in the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back