Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Petch had a good game so I looked up his stats

80% disposal efficiency
15 disposals
11 kicks
12 effective disposals
4 clangers.....

I'm very confused

Agreed. He stood out noticeably to me as playing a good game.

The wallabies are playing the all blacks the night before. Hopefully they soften the ground up for us.

Also thought Petch was good yesterday. Line ball who gets dropped between him & Cameron (and maybe JW) once Cripps comes back. I liked Jake's game as well though, thought he gave us a good target up forward with Darling & JK in particular a bit off.

For me, If Cripps is to come in, it should be at Jake Waterman's expense, not that he has done too much wrong, but Cripps offers more ground level pressure and run. He covers Jake for goals too. Cameron yesterday had something like 16 pressure acts - gotta love that.

His running patterns today were absolutely excellent. Created space, and defended well. He's our 2018 cole right now.
I love the way he and Shep saw plays unfolding even though they wouldn't get a touch for another 3 disposals in the chain, they knew it was worth the effort.

To be fair to Duggan, he's also capable of doing this. I just don't see him coming back after no time in the WAFL and a massive corky.

I thought the tackle was a tad sling tackle and Setterfields head hit the ground and he came up groggy.

We all know that campaigner Christian likes to punish anything concussion related.

If he gets a week then Hutch comes in to tag Sloan. Redden gets a week to freshen up before the Tigers game. Maybe MAllen gets a run? Sheed looked out of sorts as well.
Nah no sling at all in that, arm just slipped a bit high. Will be fine.

Cripps for Waterman. If Hutch comes in, it isn't at the expense of any speedster. It is one of Masten, Schofield or Nelson, depending on the match ups. Our foot speed with Petch, Willie, Flyin' and Cameron and pressure it creates makes it so much easier to have all the other talls in.

We are working towards finals and the time to try new players (unless forced) is past. Unless someone desperately needs a week rest now, then we don't rest players either.

We now build up to the best 22 to set ourselves up and go into the finals settled and ready.

Cripps and Hutch (depending on matchups) are in our best 22. The obvious for Cripps is either Waterman or Cameron. Both have been solid to good, but I think there is a rule about having 23 or 24 in the team any one week.

One idea is to have Cripps for Cameron, Hutch for Masten and Waterman/Petrucelle alternately play the forward/link role. If we wanted to stack the small forward situation then a straight Cripps for Waterman is the go.

Cripps for Waterman. If Hutch comes in, it isn't at the expense of any speedster. It is one of Masten, Schofield or Nelson, depending on the match ups. Our foot speed with Petch, Willie, Flyin' and Cameron and pressure it creates makes it so much easier to have all the other talls in.
well rugby is in a nose dive in AUS heaps of clubs struggle to field teams, private schools now play soccer and AFL as they call it here, etc. Rubbish admin. It is now the fourth code by far. Garbage team. Any gimic to deflect and rake in some cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It depends on the job they have in mind for Hutch. If they want him to tag a rebounding defender like Sloan then a forward comes out. If they want him minding a mid the Masten is probably the one to miss.
Waterman for Cripps all day long. With Rioli Ryan Petro and Cameron along side Cripps we have ample speed and can afford to lose one if Hutch is minding Sloan.

How good was his goal? clearance out of the centre, we created so much space for him to run opposed to the 50 arc, and then...bang!
Thing I love about him is his kicking skills. He knows where the goals are and is a very good kick. I had know doubt at all that he would kick that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thing I love about him is his kicking skills. He knows where the goals are and is a very good kick. I had know doubt at all that he would kick that.

Brilliant, but Willie would be close to no one field kick in the AFL. sees in an instant what others can not and executes 100%

Changes I would have to be Waterman for Cripps. Just that.

Waterman defensive pressure as a forward flanker isn't good enough so just isn't required.

Other tough choice is who for Hutchings id say Petch/Cameron would be most ideal as our smalls are set with 4 of Ryan Rioli Cripps and Cameron/Petch. All 5 is a bit much and creates weaknesses with other parts of the ground. One has to go and I liked Camerons game more then Petches game.

We need to add midfield depth.
Shuey Yeo Gaff Masten Reddon and Hutchings is our best midfield setup.

Out Waterman.
In Cripps.

The crows are limping into finals and should be easy beats. Give Hutch another week in the WAFL. The Crows don’t have a standout player to tag. Sloane’s best days are past him, the Crouch brothers are hacks and Laird is over rated.

Changes aside, which Adelaide player is going to be the commentators' spank bank material this weekend?

Do they have a bull or a superhero?

Nah Union's ok. It's not a trash sport played by bogans.

Plus Wallabies v All Blacks contest is huge for the state.

I'd personally take this over the soccer or SOO.
Yeah I'll take Union over League purely due to the type of fan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back