Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone in this thread will plunk down their $20, some more than once.

You said this about Solo and you've said it repeatedly about IX. Why?

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
You said this about Solo and you've said it repeatedly about IX. Why?
Did I say it about Solo? Don’t recall, but most people here have seen it anyway. But this is Episode IX, the end of the Skywalker saga, there’s a lot of people looking to continue whinging about TLJ, but everyone of them will see how this ends. They’ll chalk it up to ‘giving JJ a chance’ but anyone who is a Star Wars fan will watch this and they are kidding themselves if they think they won’t.

Did I say it about Solo? Don’t recall, but most people here have seen it anyway. But this is Episode IX, the end of the Skywalker saga, there’s a lot of people looking to continue whinging about TLJ, but everyone of them will see how this ends. They’ll chalk it up to ‘giving JJ a chance’ but anyone who is a Star Wars fan will watch this and they are kidding themselves if they think they won’t.

Yes, repeatedly.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes, repeatedly.
If you say so. I mistakenly thought Disney would get behind it and it would make a lot of money, that obviously never happened. That said, pretty much everyone here has seen it so not sure of the point being made. Posters can say they are done with Star Wars and maybe after this they will be, but they’ll watch it. At least Edgie is honest about it.

If you say so. I mistakenly thought Disney would get behind it and it would make a lot of money, that obviously never happened. That said, pretty much everyone here has seen it so not sure of the point being made. Posters can say they are done with Star Wars and maybe after this they will be, but they’ll watch it. At least Edgie is honest about it.

The point is a lot saw it after it came out on DVD, and several haven't seen it at all.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Everyone in this thread will plunk down their $20, some more than once.
I told you already what Im doing. Watch a cam, if it's any good, i'll wait for a dvd torrent release, download that, and can re-watch that countless times. Im not going to the cinema whatsoever.
I DID with TLJ because i got sucked in by the hype. But then i realized truly what Disney/LFL are doing with SW.
But before then....TFA i thought tho they unnecessarily REBOOTED SW, it was still SW'ish and had some hope. R1 went and loved it. Certainly kept thinking D/LFL were still honoring SW. But then it all started to happen.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
One of the theories going around is this one could involve time travel just so they can retcon everything that's wrong with TLJ lol that is just dumb.

Disney had something going with TFA and they pissed it down the drain with TLJ. There is a reason why Disney got JJ back Disney and Lucasfilm realised what a train wreck TLJ was and are now hoping to win fans back with JJ at the helm.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I told you already what Im doing. Watch a cam, if it's any good, i'll wait for a dvd torrent release, download that, and can re-watch that countless times. Im not going to the cinema whatsoever.
I DID with TLJ because i got sucked in by the hype. But then i realized truly what Disney/LFL are doing with SW.
But before then....TFA i thought tho they unnecessarily REBOOTED SW, it was still SW'ish and had some hope. R1 went and loved it. Certainly kept thinking D/LFL were still honoring SW. But then it all started to happen.

Yep Rogue One was great. Rogue One and TFA felt like SW to me.

The Mandalorian looks good and after hearing that Jon Favreau has been consulting with George Lucas on creating the show has got me excited.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Be wary of trailers. I thought TLJ has fantastic previews and posters. They made my hopes and expectations incredibly high.

What I got was a yo mamma joke.

At least the Phantom Menace squeezed out twenty odd minutes before it was clear it was not going to be very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pod Race and Duel of the Fates saber fight were the best things from Phantom Meance the rest of the movie was meh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Pod Race and Duel of the Fates saber fight were the best things from Phantom Meance the rest of the movie was meh.

The character of Qui-Gon was very good, as was many of the Coruscant scenes as well. I also love the special effects, in the middle of that late 90s to early 00s sweetspot of blending CGI with miniatures. The rest was somewhere between uninspired and horrific.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
The character of Qui-Gon was very good, as was many of the Coruscant scenes as well. I also love the special effects, in the middle of that late 90s to early 00s sweetspot of blending CGI with miniatures. The rest was somewhere between uninspired and horrific.

True

If the movie had way less political dialogue it would have been great imo

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep Rogue One was great. Rogue One and TFA felt like SW to me.

The Mandalorian looks good and after hearing that Jon Favreau has been consulting with George Lucas on creating the show has got me excited.
Why is this a good thing? There are obviously some people that like both the OT and PT, for which this might make sense. But there is seemingly a larger number that don’t rate the PT and while we will always love Lucas for the OT, for us he hasn’t had a great movie since 1983 and clearly seemed to lose his touch. Consulting Lucas is a polite touch but no guarantee of better quality.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Some day being probably 10 years from now
It’s gonna be interesting; if the technology gets good enough, would you make an original Luke Skywalker film set after ROTJ? Just hire an actor and slap Hamill’s face over him?

That said, given the reception to Solo, I don’t think there will be a young Luke Skywalker film. I mean, there’s even less potential than a young Solo.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’s gonna be interesting; if the technology gets good enough, would you make an original Luke Skywalker film set after ROTJ? Just hire an actor and slap Hamill’s face over him?

That said, given the reception to Solo, I don’t think there will be a young Luke Skywalker film. I mean, there’s even less potential than a young Solo.
apparently theyre doing that already in IX with Luke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back