Analysis Coaching discussion 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

As the Age points out, we where kinda development rivals while he was at St Kilda. Even tho we went to s**t last year our run into finals last season no doubt attributed some heat when we we're considered neck and neck in a race. Richo might not want anything to do with us, unless he doesn't hold bias knowing it's just a media which hunt

Why in particular?

He didn't exactly light it up at the Saints
Why? He's as soulless and uninspiring to listen to as Goody.

If there was any former coach on the market to have a crack at it would be Brad Scott. His north sides out performed their talent almost every season he was in charge
I am going to point out to this board (not you guys) that this board was extremely wrapped to secure McCartney, with a similar ordinary coaching stint at the dogs, because of his development background.

Over being unemployed yeah.
He would have earned enough during his million years coaching Norf to be able to afford a sabbatical until the right job comes up. Understudy to Goodwin doesn’t sound to me like something Brad Scott would need or want on his CV

He would have earned enough during his million years coaching Norf to be able to afford a sabbatical until the right job comes up. Understudy to Goodwin doesn’t sound to me like something Brad Scott would need or want on his CV
Doesn't have to be understudy he could play a director of coaching role. I doubt it happens just saying he's the best of the sacked bunch

I am going to point out to this board (not you guys) that this board was extremely wrapped to secure McCartney, with a similar ordinary coaching stint at the dogs, because of his development background.
I think McCartnry did exactly what we thought he would we became a bloody good contested side and Harmes was McCartneys project

I think McCartnry did exactly what we thought he would we became a bloody good contested side and Harmes was McCartneys project
As the stupid optimistic i am, what's to say Richo can't excel at the job he's given?

If there was any former coach on the market to have a crack at it would be Brad Scott. His north sides out performed their talent almost every season he was in charge
Scott would back himself to get a senior gig sooner rather than later I'd have thought. I don't doubt that we want him but I doubt he'd want us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d have you and me coaching alternate weeks over Goody
If i took round 1 you'd only have half a list to pick from with the rest having criminal convictions for on field murder

As the Age points out, we where kinda development rivals while he was at St Kilda. Even tho we went to s**t last year our run into finals last season no doubt attributed some heat when we we're considered neck and neck in a race. Richo might not want anything to do with us, unless he doesn't hold bias knowing it's just a media which hunt

Alternatively, it (him signing on at Melbourne) could also be viewed as a big middle figure to the saints hierachy which id be all for.

I hadnt considered Brad Scott, mainly cause i view him as more of a meme than a coach, plus i dont think his ego would allow him to let someone else call the shots in the coaches box.

Dont get me wrong, Richo could put me to sleep in his press conferences with the best of them, but somehow i think hes always been more suited to an assistants role than senior coach. Him and Burgess were largely responsible for Port's rise up the ladder before he was poached by the saints. Plus his saints have had the wood over us for a while now so it would be good for goody to be able to pick his brain. I think hed be a solid get

McCartney certainly has played a role particularly developing the inside mids. No doubt it’s time for a freshen up. Bolton apparently on the radar. Not sure who but a decent strategy coach wouldn’t go astray. Maybe try and get longmuir over from Collingwood.

I'd tape a switch blade to OMacs knuckles

Actually no because he would punch Gawn coming back with the flight

Tim Smith would get a life ban as would Maynard

Yeah bad idea, remember that time we gave him a shotgun to go out to the back paddock and he fumbled it

Over being unemployed yeah.
Word is that North have committed to paying Brad Scott his $800k salary in 2020 if he doesn't get another senior coaching gig.

So he has even less incentive to take a lower role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back