Unofficial Preview Sydney Swans vs Port Adelaide - Heeney's 100th game

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be a tough one, will start off this thread by reminiscing about the time JPK single-handedly took on every Port midfielder.

MJ4hmWL.jpg

Reckon Heeney's first 100 would have to be up there with the most impressive I can recall seeing in footy. Think he's had, what, 2, 3 bad games in that whole stretch? Been a privilege watching him so far.

Horse never fails to make me fume with his selection decisions, but I'll give it a go anyway... Amartey should come in. He had a down game in the reserves last week but apart from that, his last two months really have been really pleasing. Let him come in and alleviate some of the pressure off McLean. McLean can spend more time forward, allowing McCartin to stay down back.

And then the great man returns from his eye injury if fit.

IN - Amartey, Sir Dane, Bell
OUT - Fox, Rose, Jack

Edit: **** forgot about Jack. He goes out and Bell gets a crack.

Last edited:

Share your thoughts about Heeney. Along with Buddy he is our one player capable of the mercurial. The poor guy just never gets a real go at it. This year he had his first top drawer pre-season and then hurt his ankle. He has been playing with that ever since. Imagine how would go with an injury free season!

Amartey was very involved on Saturday and with Bell was easily our best. He also played a more physical game than has been the norm. Bell was close to a one man band both as an in and outside mid. Both could be in line for selection.

I don't know if our champ defender skipper will be right to play. Thought someone said he may not play again this year. Just saw Longmire seemed optimistic about Rampe.

Even given he spent half the game on the bench, I thought Rose looked totally destroyed and bereft of confidence when he had his minutes up forward. I really do not understand how this could happen. He would be having nightmares about the last quarter. I expect he will be dropped.

Fox made one critical mistake but thought he was ok. Personally I would keep him in the team, particularly if Rampe does not return.

Sorry Tedeski but KJ needs to go. Even in reserves games this year he has not been fit enough to be effective beyond a quarter or a half. It was the same on Saturday where he was near invisible after half time. The brain is writing cheques his body cannot cash. Hopefully he gets a bit of a rest, a short run in the 2s and is tuned up for his farewell game with McVeigh.

In: Rampe (if fit) or Amartey, Bell
Out: Rose, Jack

Last edited:
Port Adelaide games has also produced this moment, back when people were still on the fence about Buddy. Enjoy in all it's 360p glory.

Port Adelaide games has also produced this moment, back when people were still on the fence about Buddy. Enjoy in all it's 360p glory.

One of the better days of footy I've been at at the SCG. Beautiful clear weather making it perfect for footy, huge crowd, two very good sides battling it out and Bud going nuts in the 2nd half to get us over the line in a game which went down to the wire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm feeling Joel Amartey to get a debut this week for some reason.

Rampe and Amartey in for Fox and Rose. Rampe straight into defence in place of Fox, Amartey to be 2nd ruck/forward allowing Reid to play as a permanent forward. Or maybe Bell in for Rose.

Reckon Heeney's first 100 would have to be up there with the most impressive I can recall seeing in footy. Think he's had, what, 2, 3 bad games in that whole stretch? Been a privilege watching him so far.

Horse never fails to make me fume with his selection decisions, but I'll give it a go anyway... Amartey should come in. He had a down game in the reserves last week but apart from that, his last two months really have been really pleasing. Let him come in and alleviate some of the pressure off McLean. McLean can spend more time forward, allowing McCartin to stay down back.

And then the great man returns from his eye injury if fit.

IN - Amartey, Sir Dane, Bell
OUT - Fox, Rose, Jack

Edit: **** forgot about Jack. He goes out and Bell gets a crack.
Bell must get a game. BOG last week and we are playing a team with 3 rookies featuring. If not now he may as well leave.
Also Grassy got 49 HO last weekend.
Out: Jack, Blakey, ?
In: Bell, Grassy, Rampe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back