The Law Nicola Gobbo named - Massive corruption by Victoria Police that will see major criminals released from jail

Remove this Banner Ad

I think even most cops would agree with that now, it makes good sense to decriminalise.

Did you read Sly's latest article warning Mokbel of more charges?

Sylvester is a major part of the problem - factions within the police or Big Police using him to send political messages.

Like how they use the little paper to have people attacked in prison.

Okay............

NOW LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT!

The cops KNEW she was burgling legal chambers for info, utilised her as an informant anyway, and did NOTHING about it, and NOW they are putting her on show because THEIR arses are in a sling at the RC?!

YOU COULD NOT MAKE THIS s**t UP!

CORRUPTION is a far too inadequate description.

Okay............

NOW LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT!

The cops KNEW she was burgling legal chambers for info, utilised her as an informant anyway, and did NOTHING about it, and NOW they are putting her on show because THEIR arses are in a sling at the RC?!

YOU COULD NOT MAKE THIS s**t UP!

CORRUPTION is a far too inadequate description.
Not condoning it. But the cops were under huge pressure at the time to stop the plethora of gangland killings. She was their lifeline. A 'whatever it takes' mentality.

Not condoning it. But the cops were under huge pressure at the time to stop the plethora of gangland killings. She was their lifeline. A 'whatever it takes' mentality.

Oh please mate, don't buy that " gangland war" rubbish. IT'S PATHETIC!

The gangland war is a smokescreen for bullshit they pull on an ongoing basis.

This stuff was common PROCEDURE!

Yeah thing is mate the cops are meant to be the folks who don't go the whatever it takes mentality.

Because if they chuck the law out, well, we're in Mad Max territory.

The gangland war is a smokescreen for bulls**t they pull on an ongoing basis.

This rewriting of the GANGLAND WAR like innocent folks were being mown down in the streets every day.

No civilians I can think of were hurt in it. Yes, some people and kids witnessed some shootings but does that justify chucking justice out the window?

Sylvester is a major part of the problem - factions within the police or Big Police using him to send political messages.

Like how they use the little paper to have people attacked in prison.
Over the years, it is extraordinary how often a senior policeman has had cause to leave the room, while supposedly being interviewed by Sylvester. The largest coincidence imaginable is that when this occurs, a highly relevant file involving an investigation Sylvester is engaged in is left sitting on the desk, on the very top of a pile. I do not believe the obvious lie that said senior detective knocks before re-entering the room. This 'great investigative journalist' would have been nil without his dad's contacts, which he inherited.

BTW, this feeding of info. to selected journalists at VicPol dates back to the 1920s. It was for this reason that journos were moved out of the office area where detectives operated. Apparently, Tom Blamey, the then Commissioner, was convinced that detectives were exchanging information, in return for prominent and favourable treatment in the crime stories subsequently written.

I seem to recollect that during the 'gangland war', the Victorian Drug Squad was disbanded, due to rampant, incipient corruption. Is it any wonder the crims thought it was anything goes?

Over the years, it is extraordinary how often a senior policeman has had cause to leave the room, while supposedly being interviewed by Sylvester. The largest coincidence imaginable is that when this occurs, a highly relevant file involving an investigation Sylvester is engaged in is left sitting on the desk, on the very top of a pile. I do not believe the obvious lie that said senior detective knocks before re-entering the room. This 'great investigative journalist' would have been nil without his dad's contacts, which he inherited.

BTW, this feeding of info. to selected journalists at VicPol dates back to the 1920s. It was for this reason that journos were moved out of the office area where detectives operated. Apparently, Tom Blamey, the then Commissioner, was convinced that detectives were exchanging information, in return for prominent and favourable treatment in the crime stories subsequently written.

I seem to recollect that during the 'gangland war', the Victorian Drug Squad was disbanded, due to rampant, incipient corruption. Is it any wonder the crims thought it was anything goes?

Coppers and journos working hand in hand goes back to the very birth of modern media.

Sylvester isn't a journo, he's VicPol media liaison.

The gangland war is a smokescreen for bulls**t they pull on an ongoing basis.

You have this capacity to see everything in black and white. No grey areas for the Snake.

There is no question about there being a gangland war at the time. Homicide figures at the time bear this out. In no small part due to Carl Williams greed. Confirmed by a colourful character who was front-n-centre at the time who was s**t scared.

Not condoning Gobbo's actions or those of the Police, just that they were under enormous pressure from government and the scum press to get on top of things.

You have this capacity to see everything in black and white. No grey areas for the Snake.

There is no question about there being a gangland war at the time. Homicide figures at the time bear this out. In no small part due to Carl Williams greed. Confirmed by a colourful character who was front-n-centre at the time who was s**t scared.

Not condoning Gobbo's actions or those of the Police, just that they were under enormous pressure from government and the scum press to get on top of things.

I mean you know disrespect personally, but you see things in grey because you haven't seen them in black and white.

I have.

Like most people, you need to be comforted by the notion that there is some noble logic behind all of this madness.

There isn't.

At some point you're going to accept out just how deeply involved the police were in the "gangland war" themselves.

There's three gigs who were major players we know of - Williams, Hodon, Gobbo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At some point you're going to accept out just how deeply involved the police were in the "gangland war" themselves.

There's three gigs who were major players we know of - Williams, Hodon, Gobbo.
It's never advisable to be so up yourself as to tell other posters what to think. My information wasn't garnered from the tissues. It is/was from people close to the scene. In some cases very close.

I've not suggested the police are paragons of virtue. In fact in a post I later took down I said I'd seen some dreadful behaviour from them. Stories about some of it are public others are not. There is no question there are people who should never have passed the induction. Some are sorted in time while others manage to stay and in some cases exert some influence.

That said, when you're dealing with people who are often the dross not meeting them on their low terms would mean there would be many more unsolved crimes.

All I've been putting is there was a spike in underworld homicides, attempted homicides, intimidation and threats, and general physicality. Fact!

And at the time the med-ya was having a collective conniption with it all and government was being placed under enormous stress. Which in turn put the cops under enormous pressure to get on top of it. Fact!

The cops grossly overstepped the mark and are getting their just deserts. It's not the first time the thin blue line has utilised informers to get a result and it won't be the last.

The so-called gangland war was predominantly an internecine battle. Tensions always exist in the world of those who live on the edge and it doesn't take much for there to be an eruption. That happened when an individual who was given a nice earner became greedy. Other things happened along the way to exacerbate matters. One being a well liked minor criminal was taken down which caused alignments to shift.

All I've been putting is there was a spike in underworld homicides, attempted homicides, intimidation and threats, and general physicality. Fact!

Yes, and it coincided with Rob Hulls firing up the OPI and rattling the VicPol/criminal relationship cages.;)

That said, when you're dealing with people who are often the dross not meeting them on their low terms would mean there would be many more unsolved crimes.

LOL

It's never advisable to be so up yourself as to tell other posters what to think. My information wasn't garnered from the tissues. It is/was from people close to the scene. In some cases very close.

I've not suggested the police are paragons of virtue. In fact in a post I later took down I said I'd seen some dreadful behaviour from them. Stories about some of it are public others are not. There is no question there are people who should never have passed the induction. Some are sorted in time while others manage to stay and in some cases exert some influence.

And at the time the med-ya was having a collective conniption with it all and government was being placed under enormous stress. Which in turn put the cops under enormous pressure to get on top of it. Fact!

The cops grossly overstepped the mark and are getting their just deserts. It's not the first time the thin blue line has utilised informers to get a result and it won't be the last.

The so-called gangland war was predominantly an internecine battle. Tensions always exist in the world of those who live on the edge and it doesn't take much for there to be an eruption. That happened when an individual who was given a nice earner became greedy. Other things happened along the way to exacerbate matters. One being a well liked minor criminal was taken down which caused alignments to shift.

Righto.

No mention of say, the cops fuelling the Melbourne drug market by providing it with precursor chemicals?

Last edited:
Righto.

No mention of say, the cops fuelling the Melbourne drug market by providing it with precursor chemicals?
That would be because I've no credible evidence that occurred. Show me!

Yes, and it coincided with Rob Hulls firing up the OPI and rattling the VicPol/criminal relationship cages.;)
LOL
Snakey, your posts in many threads demonstrate a hatred for police. Your views are so tainted they can't be taken seriously.

Thanks for the confirmation.

What? Do you seriously think a stranger on the internet is going to get details?

Go back through my posting on this subject over the years and you will see that I was bang on the money in relation to how this is playing out..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back