Opinion Who is currently our best midfielder?

Who is our best midfielder?

• Yeo

• Shuey

• Gaff

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Bump.

Yeo and Boots putting on a season and a half. I think the Gap between them is now closer than ever. In fact if Yeo takes out the B&F, he might pull ahead of Boots.

Sheed's year has been so underrated. Other than the Carlton game has been our most consistent mid and very influential.

Yeo and Shuey have had their patches. Yeo is currently coming to the fore after having a slow start due to restricted preseason.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeo has turned into an incredible force over the last few months.

Leading the comp in tackles yet also can be so damaging in contests.

Last time we had mids lead the comp in tackles they had very little hurt factor (Priddis, Selwood).

He’s probably our most important player now as a result.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
It's definitely Yeo but not by much.

The Yeo-Yeo has become a wrecking ball.

Someone should photoshop his head onto Miley Cyrus's naked body.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Someone should photoshop his head onto Miley Cyrus's naked body.
37D031BD-6107-494C-BBC6-6D1ED1AC4A42.jpeg

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Nonsense, you've severely underrated Sheed who I think has been better than Shuey this year (even if Shuey gets more of the plaudits from the coaches, media etc...).
Shuey has been better. Sheed's hurt factor is below those two guys. He can't tackle, pressure or break lines like the others.

I think Shuey's kicking efficiency drops due to the difficulty of his kicks he attempts, but it's still about par with Dom's. Dom is still a chance to make it though. He's kicked a lot of goals but he's had a lot more shots than Shuey has as well. Shuey is rated elite for goal accuracy per shot taken.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Shuey has been better. Sheed's hurt factor is below those two guys. He can't tackle, pressure or break lines like the others.

I think Shuey's kicking efficiency drops due to the difficulty of his kicks he attempts, but it's still about par with Dom's. Dom is still a chance to make it though. He's kicked a lot of goals but he's had a lot more shots than Shuey has as well. Shuey is rated elite for goal accuracy per shot taken.
Yeah Shuey doesn’t need half the amount of time that Sheed does to have an impact. I reckon Carlton picked up on that on Sunday and made an effort to apply physical pressure as soon as he took possession of the ball. I don’t think Sheed is someone who would ever be able to handle a tag very well

Yeah Shuey doesn’t need half the amount of time that Sheed does to have an impact. I reckon Carlton picked up on that on Sunday and made an effort to apply physical pressure as soon as he took possession of the ball. I don’t think Sheed is someone who would ever be able to handle a tag very well

Just put Willie into the stoppages to lay some blocks for him!

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Sheed played badly on the weekend, tried his 'back out of packs' thing and got done. I can't see him playing like that again, just an aberration I'd imagine/hope. Also those two dropped marks, uncontested. He surely won't do that again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edgar britts

Debutant
Dec 24, 2012
melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Sheed's year has been so underrated. Other than the Carlton game has been our most consistent mid and very influential.

Yeo and Shuey have had their patches. Yeo is currently coming to the fore after having a slow start due to restricted preseason.
Have you got any idea ? Sheed is the biggest cheat we have . OMG

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Both Shuey and Yeo are unique in the sense that both a dominant clearance players but for mids they both aren't really high possy players (well shuey is this year). Its also exceptional without NN or a good tap ruckmen.

I would love to see Yeo let off the leash this weekend.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Question is, who are our up and coming midfielders, our next generation, to replace Yeo and Shuey?
We have next generation defenders and forwards but no mids?
What if Shuey or Yeo get a serious injury anytime this season? Who replaces them?
Ahchee?

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
That is the problem right there. There probably isn't anyone knocking down the door. I'd say Redden would take the slack in stoppage work and someone would try play a more 50/50 inside outside role to cover Redden's running. Just a guess though. Not many have the athletic attributes of Shuey and Yeo.

Back