"Sack Goodwin!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Slightly hypocritical, some posters bagging goodwin for not trying players in new positions and then when he does "he shouldn't be shuffling players around"

For mine it was a good move playing Hunt down back with Jetta out, and he did well on Rioli and provided some offensive run from half back.

I will agree with Topkent, hunt plays as a lead up forward and at a guess would of kicked two-thirds of his goals from set shots.

Melksham was always going to look off the pace after so long out....VFL reserves don't exist anymore.

Reckon you're doing him a disservice there. He showed a bit of inclination to crumb and jagged a few goals that way. He's our 2nd leading goal scorer behind Petracca, who should be playing more midfield minutes. Pretty sure we can find room in the front 6 for both Fritsch and Hunt. Melksham should be in the magoos, or perhaps the VFL reserves. Shocking player.
He's shown 0 as a crumber mate. As saj_21 said I'd happily wager more than half his goals have come as a traditional lead up forward or taking a good mark.

Having Petracca Hunt Fritsch and Melksham is too many mid sized marking forwards who don't really crumb or put on pressure.

Hunts done well but that doesn't make him a natural forward.

He's shown 0 as a crumber mate. As saj_21 said I'd happily wager more than half his goals have come as a traditional lead up forward or taking a good mark.

Having Petracca Hunt Fritsch and Melksham is too many mid sized marking forwards who don't really crumb or put on pressure.

He has crumbed some goals, as in front and square at the contest and popping them through the big sticks. He's certainly shown more than "0".

Petracca should be playing more midfield minutes.

He has crumbed some goals, as in front and square at the contest and popping them through the big sticks. He's certainly shown more than "0".

Petracca should be playing more midfield minutes.
I know what a crumb us you campaigner. He would have less than 10 of those for the season easily. 2 talls automatically play and then Melksham and Fritsch are automatic. Then ideally you would have 2 crumbers with Petracca splitting his time there.

If Hunts still one of our best forward options we will suck at converting goals again

I know what a crumb us you campaigner. He would have less than 10 of those for the season easily. 2 talls automatically play and then Melksham and Fritsch are automatic. Then ideally you would have 2 crumbers with Petracca splitting his time there.

If Hunts still one of our best forward options we will suck at converting goals again
Again?

When where we ever good at converting goals

You are G2B levels of wrong. If he's crumbed goals than surely he's showed more than zero as a crumber, and who are our crumbing forwards? Garlett and Hannan, who are both injured / in woeful form and nowhere near the side. Who are your "ideal 2 crumbers" slotting into the side ahead of Hunt?

You campaigner.

Edit: You boobish excuse for a fishy campaigner.

You are G2B levels of wrong. If he's crumbed goals than surely he's showed more than zero as a crumber, and who are our crumbing forwards? Garlett and Hannan, who are both injured / in woeful form and nowhere near the side. Who are your "ideal 2 crumbers" slotting into the side ahead of Hunt?

You campaigner.

Edit: You boobish excuse for a fishy campaigner.

Being pedantic over the phrase 0
He's shown * all ability as a crumber. If you rate his forward craft fair enough I dont.

We don't have the replacements that's why he's in the side but if they are in form id easily take Hannan over Hunt the forward.

Hunt and Petracca have become the leading goal scorers through not getting injured not from being especially brilliant as forwards this season

Being pedantic over the phrase 0
He's shown fu** all ability as a crumber. If you rate his forward craft fair enough I dont.

We don't have the replacements that's why he's in the side but if they are in form id easily take Hannan over Hunt the forward.

Hunt and Petracca have become the leading goal scorers through not getting injured not from being especially brilliant as forwards this season

I guess zero means different things to us, then. Maybe just say there are better crumbing options around, even though there currently aren't better options for us.

In any case, what you're saying is you don't want him in the side as a forward but you can't think of anyone better who'd have his spot at the moment.

You campaigner.

I guess zero means different things to us, then. Maybe just say there are better crumbing options around, even though there currently aren't better options for us.

In any case, what you're saying is you don't want him in the side as a forward but you can't think of anyone better who'd have his spot at the moment.

You campaigner.

Yeah he's earned a spot as a forward this year but he's not a good small forward which is the role he should be playing. If hes battling against other blokes for the mid sized spot then no thanks.

If we can't find someone better than him for next year and beyond then we are truly stuffed

You far king can't

Yeah he's earned a spot as a forward this year but he's not a good small forward which is the role he should be playing. If hes battling against other blokes for the mid sized spot then no thanks.

If we can't find someone better than him for next year and beyond then we are truly stuffed

I don't have a problem with him in the forward line. Has shown a bit as a leading forward, set shots are okay, applies pressure, etc. There are far worse options around, like Melksham.

I don't have a problem with him in the forward line. Has shown a bit as a leading forward, set shots are okay, applies pressure, etc. There are far worse options around, like Melksham.
Right he's shown the bare minimum any forward should show.
Chris Dawes was a leading goal kicker with a set shot as well but that doesn't mean we shouldnt look to upgrade him immediately.

Hunts fine but that's all. Fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right he's shown the bare minimum any forward should show.
Chris Dawes was a leading goal kicker with a set shot as well but that doesn't mean we shouldnt look to upgrade him immediately.

Hunts fine but that's all. Fine.

We should be looking to replace everyone immediately. Starting with you.

Diamonds are only formed under the most extreme pressure mate good luck.

Where on earth will we find another s**t-poster on the internet?? Hens teeth!

So between the 4 of them they should be able to work it out. If Hunt is leading, marking and kicking goals that way I’ve got no issue right now. Not much is happening in the forward line. Next year with a fit McDonald and a hopefully improved Petty or Weidemann we can play them both, but I’d not be adverse to having Hunt play more forward and Petracca with more time on the ball.

The cards are dealt for 2019 anyhow, there’s no point getting too invested in how it pans out. The only thing I care about now is not playing hurt players so it wrecks their off season. If you’re sore or carrying something, you’re done. Surgery and rehab.

If we screw up this pre season then it’s curtains in 2020 within a month.

So between the 4 of them they should be able to work it out. If Hunt is leading, marking and kicking goals that way I’ve got no issue right now. Not much is happening in the forward line. Next year with a fit McDonald and a hopefully improved Petty or Weidemann we can play them both, but I’d not be adverse to having Hunt play more forward and Petracca with more time on the ball.
Completely missing the point. If those 4 are still there at the same time we have no crumber in the side still

Do you not think Hunt can crumb? That’s a genuine question by the way, not implying that he can and you should know he can. I know how he plays just thinking if perhaps he could play that role.
No I don't. He doesn't swoop on the ball quickly, he fumbles alot he doesn't read the ball off hands and most importantly he doesn't have that awareness of where the goals are the best forwards have. He's done a ripper job as a lead up forward at times looking our most dangerous but I don't think he finishes his career as a forward

No I don't. He doesn't swoop on the ball quickly, he fumbles alot he doesn't read the ball off hands and most importantly he doesn't have that awareness of where the goals are the best forwards have. He's done a ripper job as a lead up forward at times looking our most dangerous but I don't think he finishes his career as a forward
Fair post.

Round 3 essendon - 1. goal out the back of the pack general play 2. mark 15m out back with flight 3.handball out the back (crumbed by others)
Round 4 Sydney - lead up and mark x 2
Round 6 Richmond - lead up and mark
Round 7 Hawthorn - 1. crumb out the back 2. lead up and mark
Round 8 Gold Coast - lead up and mark
Round 9 West Coast - 1. general play one-two with oliver running towards goal 2. Handball out the back (crumbed by other)
Round 10 GWS - Lead up and mark
Round 11 Adelaide - lead up and mark
Round 12 Collingwood - lead up and mark
Round 15 Brisbane - mark inside 50
Round 16 Carlton - 1. mark in the goal square 2. lead up and mark 3. mark inside 50
Round 17 Western Bulldogs - mark inside 50

Because i have nothing better do i watched all of Hunts goals this year and i can say he has had 2 goals from ground ball gets inside 50. Both of these came from the ball spilling out the back of the contest, not a traditional front and square. The other 4 in general play where groundball gets by others and handballed to Hunt.

6 of his goals have came from general play, and the other 13 goals from marks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back