Discussion Round 21, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Friday, August 9
Greater Western Sydney v Hawthorn (UNSW) (N)

Saturday, August 10
Melbourne v Collingwood (MCG)
Port Adelaide v Sydney (AO)
Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast (G) (T)
Essendon v Western Bulldogs (MRVL) (N)
Geelong v North Melbourne (GMHBA) (N)

Sunday, August 11
St Kilda v Fremantle (MRVL)
Richmond v Carlton (MCG)
West Coast v Adelaide (OS) (T)

Zer0

Team Captain
May 16, 2019
NSW/ACT
AFL Club
Melbourne

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
I'd love to see Melbourne in royal blue jumper / white shorts and Collingwood in white jumper / black shorts...

Geelong are celebrating 'Retro Round' as well this week, and will be wearing a brand new retro jumper, complete with a collar, a woollen look on the hoops and stitched-on logos

This banner sets the theme for the weekend, looks to be very 1970's inspired (and how about Gary Jnr on the right - looks just like his Dad!)

GPS-GC-Retro-010819-v1-Slider(940x360px).jpg

And from the 'Match Day Guide' component of the website, the Cats will be wearing blue shorts and socks, leaving North in (most likely) the Bounding Roo with white shorts

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
Geelong are celebrating 'Retro Round' as well this week, and will be wearing a brand new retro jumper, complete with a collar, a woollen look on the hoops and stitched-on logos

View attachment 721416 View attachment 721417

That collar alone looks way better than the collar Cotton On put on their normal guernseys, will the retails have actual stitched-on logos as I'm guessing the player's guernseys just have outlines to look like they're stitched-on like the number panel on Collingwood's ANZAC Day guernsey earlier this year.

Meanwhile I'm guessing Hawthorn will be in home with white shorts to avoid a potential contrast issue? And I'd put my money on Melbourne in Royal Blue vs Collingwood in Pinstripe home

That collar alone looks way better than the collar Cotton On put on their normal guernseys, will the retails have actual stitched-on logos as I'm guessing the player's guernseys just have outlines to look like they're stitched-on like the number panel on Collingwood's ANZAC Day guernsey earlier this year.

Just going by what I've seen on TCS website I'd say both will have stitched on logos. The left is from Hawkins' modelling shot in his PI, while the right is the Cotton On model wearing a retail

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
It really annoys me that they haven’t used the old AFL logo. Theres nothing “retro” about a stitched version of the current logo. The shape of the shield at the bottom of the club logo is also a bit off.

Apart from that, its kinda cool.

Back