Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

These games are a blatant cash grab. Surprised people still go...

Have any provided an actually entertaining match? I can't remember any - it's just aleague players chasing a ball for 90 minutes and the stars coming on for cameos.

We've signed some bloke named Osama Malik. Played with Adelaide & Melbourne City previously and spent the last season with a relegated Saudi Arabian team.

sorry but Malik is a pile of s**t, massive downgrade on Spira.

Know nothing about See-beom Kim but I'm guessing he's a downgrade on Davidson (please prove me wrong)

No idea how Fornaroli is gonna turn out

Persisting with Reddy as our #1 keeper

Excitement level for the upcoming season = very low

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a grim match. I thought Ostler looks like he has a bit of promise. Harold showed some spark and will play more minutes this year, combined pretty well with Chianese in the first half of the first half. Wilson was solid at the back, which although he's played there a bit it is the first time I've seen him there for Glory.

Look, still early doors, so I'm not too fussed about the result even though it makes it harder to find competitive matches for us. I thought we didn't show much going forward, but Fornaroli and Castro up front together is pretty tantalising going forward.

In terms of players who will come in, we have Ikonomidis, Grant and Juande to come back and maybe Spira and Djulbic and each of Kim and Malik and Ingham (I presume is injured) will give us a lot more depth and will be in or around our starting squad.

Overall I thought our senior players didn't really show enough. Killa, Chianese, Franjic (definitely not a two footed player) were all pretty disappointing. Defensively we were alright until we ran out of legs. Our kids showed some good signs. I hope to see Brimmer take the next step in his game soon but he's still young. D'Agostino had one good strike but ultimately he and Fornaroli didn't look comfortable with our system yet.

Sounds like Lowry has gone, which is a big loss although will be lessened if Spira stays but if not that still leaves us with Mrcela, Grant, Tratt, Malik and probably Djulbic which isn't too bad. It also leaves us with a lot of cap space which will make the next few months pretty interesting.

I'm still filthy about the 2nd goal. Clear as day foul and the fact that neither the ref or linesman gave it is mind-boggling.

Should have been miles ahead by then. So many chances not taken in the first half.

Fixtures finally:

67824811_10157610988933960_2078173810829295616_n.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back