Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

I for one don't see why he ended up at Essendon anyway.

Should have been in the Swans Academy.

We, the wider footy community, risked him being LOST TO FOOTY by wandering outside the warm confines of the Swans Academy - sure, SOME would say having a Dad and three uncles who played senior footy, and a brother who played, well, just look at what happened with Nick Blakey who would almost certainly have decided to play curling or pursued interpretive dance had the Swans not been there to show this misguided son of a 359 game two time premiership player what the great game of Australian Football is.

We, the wider footy community, risked him being LOST TO FOOTY by wandering outside the warm confines of the Swans Academy - sure, SOME would say having a Dad and three uncles who played senior footy, and a brother who played, well, just look at what happened with Nick Blakey who would almost certainly have decided to play curling or pursued interpretive dance had the Swans not been there to show this misguided son of a 359 game two time premiership player what the great game of Australian Football is.
I don't see why Blakey not wanting to play for your sh*tstain club has anything to do with Daniher.

I’d take a single early first rounder. Big risk/reward for both clubs. If he comes good Sydney get an All Australian standard forward with still 4-5 years of prime football. If he fails it’s only one draft and could still use a trade to get back into it with their future stocks.

Can't decide if this is funnny or salty, but enjoyed it either way :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I’d take a single early first rounder. Big risk/reward for both clubs. If he comes good Sydney get an All Australian standard forward with still 4-5 years of prime football. If he fails it’s only one draft and could still use a trade to get back into it with their future stocks.
Problem is we have pick 4. I don't think Joe is worth pick 4 with his injury risks and salary, so i'd be more hoping for our second plus a player (Jones/Papley) if they want to go back to Vic as is rumoured.

Problem is we have pick 4. I don't think Joe is worth pick 4 with his injury risks and salary, so i'd be more hoping for our second plus a player (Jones/Papley) if they want to go back to Vic as is rumoured.

Fit he's worth pick 4 and more

Yeah nah, there's no way we'd be trading a contracted Daniher for anything less than a mid first rounder when we're probably going to get that as free agency compensation if we waited a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah, there's no way we'd be trading a contracted Daniher for anything less than a mid first rounder when we're probably going to get that as free agency compensation if we waited a year.
Better to wait until next year then, we get to use pick 4, we get to see if he recovers and, if he has, then we get him for free, you get an AFL free pick and Dododoro doesn't have to get involved! win/win

Better to wait until next year then, we get to use pick 4, we get to see if he recovers and, if he has, then we get him for free, you get an AFL free pick and Dododoro doesn't have to get involved! win/win
Pretty much, also gives Daniher a chance to prove he's still a million dollar player with a full season in good health. No way this deal gets done this year.

Risk for the dons if they don’t take something decent now if true and he plays limited games next year they will get an end of first round for him from the AFL

Yeah if he does see out his deal and only limps through a few games and the Bombers aren't any great shakes the AFL will whip out its patented "THE COMPETITION NEEDS A STRONG ESSENDON" clause to justify giving them pick 1 as compo.

There is no chance we let him go if he gets back to form next year. It’s easy to see the eyes wander when your on the outer, but back in the fold with the team he’ll most likely be stoked to be out there and wouldn’t want more chaos with how interrupted his career has been already. We all know it’s now or never.

Essendon, Joe Daniher plan contract extension talks as Bombers downplay Harley chat
Essendon and Joe Daniher are open to exploring a contract extension in the coming months which could see the star forward relinquish his restricted free agency rights to remain a Bomber.

Daniher remains contracted to the Bombers until the end of 2020, but a meeting with Sydney chief executive Tom Harley last week heightened speculation the 25-year-old could be a target for the Swans.

Harley and the Bombers were quick to point out there was “nothing sinister” in the meeting.

Essendon was told of the catch-up with Harley and understands it was a case of Daniher meeting with a long-time mentor while he was in Sydney to see his surgeon.

The Herald Sun can reveal Essendon has been in regular dialogue with Daniher’s management company, TLA Australia.

Both parties are keen to have further discussions before the end of the year to potentially alleviate further speculation headed into next season.

Daniher has played only 11 games since his 2017 All-Australian season, due to an ongoing osteitis pubis injury, which required surgery earlier this season.

He will commence running in the next fortnight, and while he won’t play again this season, he has renewed confidence in his body after a frustrating past few seasons.

Daniher told ABC Grandstand on the weekend he “felt terrific … I’m about eight-and-a-half weeks post-surgery and will hopefully start running in the next fortnight or so.”

“I am feeling better. I’ve certainly had an improvement already. I won’t have an answer until I really get going with my hard training again, but all the signs look positive at the moment.

“I’m happy to have a bit of clear air and know we can keep moving forward and set myself up for a lovely, long pre-season.”

If they loose tippa and Fantasia they might be interested in papley if rumours are true and wants to head back home , obviously a pick also.

Jones also looking like heading back to Melbourne
I like Papley a lot but very doubtful we lose Walla and even more doubtful of losing Fantasia

There is plenty of talk about swans, but it joe something the suns should throw the kitchen sink at? To try turn it around up there? It may seem silly to some but a bloke like that may be the reason a couple young blokes might resign..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back