Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Check out my recent interview with former Eagle Xavier Ellis

Yeo has won two Worsfold medals, including in our premiership year. It’s not like they haven’t taken a while to notice him.

Lyon didn't know who he was a month ago.

Getting in early.

He looked like an absolute know-nothing f*ckwit all last year with his Eagles hating, then had to eat humble pie in the offseason. He probably thinks he can avoid that be loading up on West Coast and their players early, just in case we win it again and he can have an "I told you so" moment.

Getting in early.

He looked like an absolute know-nothing f*ckwit all last year with his Eagles hating, then had to eat humble pie in the offseason. He probably thinks he can avoid that be loading up on West Coast and their players early, just in case we win it again and he can have an "I told you so" moment.
Thats all I think when The Vic Media praise us.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Getting in early.

. . . and if we fail to get there then he can go back to his Eagle hating ways with gusto by labelling us the "disappointment of the finals series"

Getting in early.

Na he is just a bandwagon jumper. Notice he rarely says anything controversial that is not a mainstream opinion. He just parrots back whatever the popular opinion is.

Just plain vanilla media personality. Him doing the dirty on a mates missus is his biggest call to fame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All these jokes about Lyon shagging a friends ex would be funnier if women weren't regularly killed in Australia by ex partners who don't like who she shagged after the relationship broke down.

Gary Lyons media career is already a comedic gold-mine, and if this is your go-to joke then you need to work on your material.

All these jokes about Lyon shagging a friends ex would be funnier if women weren't regularly killed in Australia by ex partners who don't like who she shagged after the relationship broke down.

Gary Lyons media career is already a comedic gold-mine, and if this is your go-to joke then you need to work on your material.

I like to think its more of a "never forget" thing. The media may have brushed it off, but we'll never forget.

Also if Lyon was a woman he for sure would have lost his job for what he did. Women never survive infidelity scandals - men seem to just get a slap on the wrist for it and everyone moves on (see Barnaby Joyce, Bob Hawke, etc).

Going off track a bit, but I couldn't give a stuff about Lyon and Brownless' Mrs playing up, I just think he's a parasite. For some reason he is revered and seen as some type of expert, but Melbourne achieved nothing while he was captain, when Melbourne were really low he wouldn't get off his arse and seriously help (while Brayshaw and Eddie were busting their guts helping the clubs they supported). He oversaw the appointment of 2 duds as coaches of Melbourne (although in hindsight maybe Bailey wasn't too bad). Wasn't he meant to be some great coach in waiting, but he decided to take the easy role in the media and makes his money criticising people who are doing the job that he didn't have the balls to take. Those excerpts of his speeches when coaching the international rules side were embarrassing. No time for him I'm afraid, who cares what he thinks.

Going off track a bit, but I couldn't give a stuff about Lyon and Brownless' Mrs playing up, I just think he's a parasite. For some reason he is revered and seen as some type of expert, but Melbourne achieved nothing while he was captain, when Melbourne were really low he wouldn't get off his arse and seriously help (while Brayshaw and Eddie were busting their guts helping the clubs they supported). He oversaw the appointment of 2 duds as coaches of Melbourne (although in hindsight maybe Bailey wasn't too bad). Wasn't he meant to be some great coach in waiting, but he decided to take the easy role in the media and makes his money criticising people who are doing the job that he didn't have the balls to take. Those excerpts of his speeches when coaching the international rules side were embarrassing. No time for him I'm afraid, who cares what he thinks.
I'm on record as saying Lyon is a dicksnap but he is a pretty polished broadcaster, particularly by the standards of former players.

based on your flawed theory that "if you haven't achieved anything in football you can't be good in media or your opinion doesn't count", then Leigh Mathews should be the greatest media personality ?? he won multiple flags as a coach and a player. what a load of #$%$#@. Leigh Mathews sucks as an expert or media personality, Gary owns Leigh with his eyes closed.Gary Lyon might be many things but when it comes to footy knowledge and footy IQ,in my opinion he can hold his own. It's like saying roger federer is guaranteed to be a great tennis coach or media personality or tennis expert.

I think your issue here is that you think final outcome( flags or GF appearance) in a code is a direct indicator of calling someone an expert based on their career achievement. This is empirically incorrect as I can name you many potatoes in this industry who used to be AFL greats like Richardson, like Llyod or Luke Darcy whom are laughable when it comes to footy discussions and breaking down tactics. I rate Gary's footy IQ, sure he is pro VIC, all of them get paid to do that. They have to pick a team to criticise and picking an interstate team has less risks for them. But when it comes to footy, he alongside Dermot( he has been on and off lately) and Healy can def hold their own. It is quiet rare to find a player in any code that cracks both the sport and expert box at the same time. Shane warne is an exception.

What happened to the hungry when he was suspended?

8fe153dbf76fcb841abccf286fe710b4.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back