Club Focus Gold Coast 2020 - Atkins, Markov, Hollands

AFL Club Focus

Do they still need the pick 19 priority pick in 2021?

• Yes

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 84.1%

• Total voters
Gold Coast club focus thread

Data from footywire. To check the draft order (updated weekly) see the thread here.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
We need midfielders as well as outside speed, players like Greenwood from the Crows and Hill from Freo have been linked in the past.
Greenwood isn't fast by any standard, and he's got poor endurance as well by all reports, which is why he is so inconsistent

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Wasn’t that Carlton’s plan this year, happy to trade 1st pick as expecting to rocket up the ladder

I suspect the reason we were prepared to trade pick 1 is that we will trade this years first pick regardless and already have a target lined up.

Dede

Senior List
May 10, 2019
Sandy
AFL Club
St Kilda
If the rumors are true of the suns getting pick 2 I hope they throw pick 16 at the bombers for Hurley or go after hopper at gws..pick 16 is a free hit to shake the tree and see what falls off

Hanley,harbrow look cooked then you throw in Ellis,ghs....

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
If the rumors are true of the suns getting pick 2 I hope they throw pick 16 at the bombers for Hurley or go after hopper at gws..pick 16 is a free hit to shake the tree and see what falls off

Hanley,harbrow look cooked then you throw in Ellis,ghs....

Pick 16 for an All Australian defender who still has 3 years on his contract..

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I think the Gibbs deal is the exception not the rule IMO.

TBH I'm not 100% sold on Hurley for the asking price. KPD is not a desperate need we probably need to pick one up, but need midfielders a lot more. Just this year with Thompson and Collins both having season ending injuries has absolutely set us up to fail.

Dede

Senior List
May 10, 2019
Sandy
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think the Gibbs deal is the exception not the rule IMO.

TBH I'm not 100% sold on Hurley for the asking price. KPD is not a desperate need we probably need to pick one up, but need midfielders a lot more. Just this year with Thompson and Collins both having season ending injuries has absolutely set us up to fail.

It's a best 22 player to lead and teach.. Hurley can teach king and luko the tricks. To be the best you gotta train againt it every day.. plus he brings swag on field...

Even 16 for greenwood/Atkins.. suns dont have a stack of cap room.

Not sure what is happening with Nathan Jones’ contract situation I know he isn’t happy with Melbourne’s lowball offer I would love for us to throw 3 years his way we need a mature bull in the guts for us, also heard a few murmurs about Powell-Pepper not sure how getable he is, I understand he turns the ball over a fair bit but again his commitment to the contest cannot be questioned would love us to try and get him.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Not sure what is happening with Nathan Jones’ contract situation I know he isn’t happy with Melbourne’s lowball offer I would love for us to throw 3 years his way we need a mature bull in the guts for us, also heard a few murmurs about Powell-Pepper not sure how getable he is, I understand he turns the ball over a fair bit but again his commitment to the contest cannot be questioned would love us to try and get him.
Massive fan of Jones but Powell-Pepper would be the last thing the Suns need. Terrible attitude for somebody who's has the worst skills with the ball I have ever seen. Completely ineffective player. Jones however, would be very good if he's willing to go on.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
It's a best 22 player to lead and teach.. Hurley can teach king and luko the tricks. To be the best you gotta train againt it every day.. plus he brings swag on field...

Even 16 for greenwood/Atkins.. suns dont have a stack of cap room.
Yeah you bring Hurley if he’s available and price is appropriate. Even if we have a decent defender set up.

How much cap room exactly do we have?

I would have thought off losing Lyons and hall and losing Lynch and May and only getting in ghs and miles would leave some free.

We have resigned a number of players this year though?

Going off recent history the team trading an older star has almost always won the deal - see below

Gibbs for equivalent of pick 15. Carlton Win

Deledio - 29 at the time traded to gws for Geelong 2017 1st rounder and gws 3rd rounder.
So was about pick 17 and 50. Richmond Win

Paddy Ryder - pick 17,37. Port win but Ryder was younger

Beams - equivalent pick 10. Bris Win.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

3 years a long time for jones..
spp a dickhead. We just tried getting rid of a number of those. In saying that could be our Mitch Robinson if comes for cheap.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jones has 12 months left in him and even that's marginal.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Will limit Brodie back to NEAFL, and ask to be trade in 2020. Need utility players, goal kicker, Wing, Wing back, or Luke Hodge Quater back type. Not Lyons or Barlow.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Should be having a look at some of our fringe players. Guaranteed games for them and only have to move just up the road.
Don't mind if it is free, all the second and third round pick all went to Brisbane last year so got nothing left to give.

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brandon Starcevich?

Whats up with Cox too btw?

Starcevich and Cox have both had interrupted seasons. Starc due to injury and Cox due to personal reasons.

Both have been starting to show really good form in the reserves lately and won’t be far away from selection if injury occurs.

Two players the club really rate, so we wouldn’t exactly be open to trading them.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
jason pm

Starcevich isn't best 22 right - so that would make him fringe at present?
Definitely fringe but has a big upside IMO, you know how this works gcsun, we offer up our fringe players who we secretly don't want anymore and due to our improvement are not likely to be regular 1st 22 again although we say they are required players and we'd be reluctant to let them go.;)

You interested in- Ryan Bastinac, Nick Robertson, Jacob Allison, Tom Cutler, Josh Walker?

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Definitely fringe but has a big upside IMO, you know how this works gcsun, we offer up our fringe players who we secretly don't want anymore and due to our improvement are not likely to be regular 1st 22 again although we say they are required players and we'd be reluctant to let them go.;)

You interested in- Ryan Bastinac, Nick Robertson, Jacob Allison, Tom Cutler, Josh Walker?
Yes I know, thats why I suggested someone you might not be happy to lose!
Oh you mean all those guys who were playing in your team when you lost all those games but were not in the team when you were winning.

Back