List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

If Martin stays it's because he has tested the market and found that his value isn't as high as he thought it was. He's just shipping off to wherever will pay him the most. Meaning if he stays we are probably offering him more than most. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Will see what happens with him.
I thought we weren’t going to over pay anyone anymore. I would just let him go, he doesn’t have the body to be a star in this league, too easily pushed off the ball

If we can keep Martin at a fair price (so more than what he will get in Melbourne or Perth), we should.
He is the right age and with the right skills that we need.
After a good start, has played very poorly and his body language is off. Looks a long way from it, and surely some of that must be from indecision.

But again we have to back ourselves. If he commits, have to back ourselves and him to get back closer to where he can and should be. He is more than good enough. Not that different to a draftee. Back ourselves to get the best out of them and give them a lot of reasons to stay.

But if he wants out, we move on without a backwards look and get back as much as we can.

Quick question - in terms of mature players from other clubs the Suns may target, what sort of players would you be looking at?

Mature ball-winning mids, outside wing types, etc?

Quick question - in terms of mature players from other clubs the Suns may target, what sort of players would you be looking at?

Oh, they can’t be cooked either. Realistically they need to be able to play at least 2 more years at a genuine standard.

I just suggested Shaun Higgins on another thread.
Not a bad option, I saw someone suggested Nathan Jones on the Draft/FA thread but I'd assume you'd want 2 years out of even a senior mentor type. Higgins would have 2 years left, fragile with us but his body has held up well at North. Potentially gettable.

Not a bad option, I saw someone suggested Nathan Jones on the Draft/FA thread but I'd assume you'd want 2 years out of even a senior mentor type. Higgins would have 2 years left, fragile with us but his body has held up well at North. Potentially gettable.
Nathan Jones take away Will Brodie AFL opportunities , GCS fan here want more Brodie and not less.

Maybe another ball winner, but I think mostly we are just looking for a bit of outside class that can hit a target.

Jack Martin's body language after the loss to Collingwood made me think he's leaving, but he might have just been embarrassed because he'd played one of his worst games for us. He had ice on a knee after the match, as well as having just returned from an operation on a finger, so there may be other reasons he played poorly.

we have a great knack of making experienced mature stars from other clubs look very, very ordinary in our line up especially when the 100 point beltings happen and the dam gates open

Last edited:
You can't fix this club by getting players in that are worse than Martin. All those second/third round compensation for Saad, Ablett, Matera etc are wasted on Eagles and Brisbane 1 St Rd pick. Craig Cameron sadly is worse tha Clayton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't fix this club by getting players in that are worse than Martin. All those second/third round compensation for Saad, Ablett, Matera etc are wasted on Eagles and Brisbane 1 St Rd pick. Craig Cameron sadly is worse tha Clayton.

What has Cameron done at the Sun's that is worse than Clayton?

It's Clayton's mess in terms of future trading and mismanaged TPPs that we had serious salary cap issues even though we had a crap list

Sorry to intrude guys. The suns are keen on acquiring Ben Keayes from the lions thought he would be a good addition to the suns.

From my viewing Keays tries hard, is fast, is a really good clubman.
Is a terrible kick
Poor finishing around goals for a small forward
Not good enough to play mid.

Not in our best 22
Not sure he adds much to be honest.

What has Cameron done at the Sun's that is worse than Clayton?

It's Clayton's mess in terms of future trading and mismanaged TPPs that we had serious salary cap issues even though we had a crap list
Wait until Cameron get you Stephen hill and Nathan Jones 3 years contract . Then you will check out too. I don't know why people are so against Burgoyne, if he is cook just like Mitchell with Eagles retires early and coach. I doubt Hills and Nathan Jones can coach.

From my viewing Keays tries hard, is fast, is a really good clubman.
Is a terrible kick
Poor finishing around goals for a small forward
Not good enough to play mid.

Not in our best 22
Not sure he adds much to be honest.
Keays is not fast, or a small forward despite being played as one all season at NEAFL level.

He is naturally an inside mid. And he’s a good club man.

He’s probably not in your best 22.

Are there any players in Brisbane's NEAFL side worth looking at and a chance of recruiting
Ryan Bastinac will be delisted at seasons end. Inside outside mid, that might be worth a year contract, or a 1+ 1 on performance.

Matt Eagles, if you need a KPD/Ruck.

Mitchell Hinge, tall, hbf or wing. SA lad. Just hasn’t been able to get a proper chance due to our healthy list.

Josh Walker, KPD/KPF who can pinch hit in the ruck.

Nick Robertson, general defender or Big inside mid.

Corey Lyons, inside mid. Dominating the NEAFL, lack of senior opportunities due to our healthy list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back