Strategy Surely Clarko will allow long sleeves! Post here if you’ve actually played in this kind of weather.

I like cold weather, and in general have a pretty high tolerance to cold, but 4c and rain (snow?) is surely an apt time to allow the old long sleeve to come back?
440A7963-B4A2-4068-9348-49ACF7D8D77C.jpeg

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Clarko doesn't like long sleeves because he wants the entire team to run out in exactly the same uniform.

So unless all 22 are wearing longys ... nope

Raiders have played numerous times with frost or snow on the ground - sometimes in negative temperatures. They wear short sleeved jerseys each time. No chance Clarko is going to allow the long sleeves - and nor should he. They’re soft.

Yes
Raiders have played numerous times with frost or snow on the ground - sometimes in negative temperatures. They wear short sleeved jerseys each time. No chance Clarko is going to allow the long sleeves - and nor should he. They’re soft.
Do long sleeve league jerseys actually exist?

Glacier

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
close
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Played for Upwey/tecoma Tigers. Many cold games at Olinda, Healsville, Warburton. Worst was Belgrave night game, hail, sleet and an 80km arctic wind. Still haven’t found my balls!
This
Played jnr footy at Gembrook
I remember the middle of winter at Wandin with not a blade of grass on the ground, Seville where the mud lay at the bottom half of the slope and Wesburn where the wind was funnelled through the mountains and you would literally struggle to stand up straight somedays let alone kick a ball

It gets pretty damn cold at the bottom of Buller in Mansfield I can tell you.
I grew up there and used to play 4ths starting at 8 am (I think). I couldn’t feel my fingers most mornings and ended up smashing them on the cold hard football all the time. One of them is still stuffed.

This
Played jnr footy at Gembrook
I remember the middle of winter at Wandin with not a blade of grass on the ground, Seville where the mud lay at the bottom half of the slope and Wesburn where the wind was funnelled through the mountains and you would literally struggle to stand up straight somedays let alone kick a ball
Big spud Firrito plays there now, or did at least.
Great memories!!! Get to watch me boy do it now. The grounds have much better drainage these days, I’m sure I nearly drowned in mud a few times as a junior

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Played for Upwey/tecoma Tigers. Many cold games at Olinda, Healsville, Warburton. Worst was Belgrave night game, hail, sleet and an 80km arctic wind. Still haven’t found my balls!
Warby had a pot belly stove in the visitors rooms the last time I played.
That and concrete power poles for goal post.

Back