AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton šŸ„ˆ

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone with better contacts at the club might be able to confirm but I feel like as a club we have a doctrine of coaching players to have the versatility to play in a lot of different positions. I guess it sounds good in theory but if weā€™re stunting player development and creating a team of jacks of all trades but masters of none it might be backfiring on us.
Pretty much this. Apart from the obvious, this has been the main thing holding the club back for the last 15 years. Knights was a master of it. Somehow itā€™s still going on.

We lost Houli due to it, we wasted 3-4 years of Hurls career doing it and I can now see the same things happening with McGrath, Langford and Ridley

I dunno. The number of times I see our blokes tackle the opposition by just grabbing them around the waist leaving both arms free for an easy dish off.. :mad:

Yes itā€™s frustrating to watch.

They should put together a compilation video for the players to watch on how to tackle correctly.

Staring Mark Johnson, JJ, Solomon, Hardwick and Pev.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've no doubt he will will make it. Yes it's his 5th year, I get all that but he is still a slow burn and if he did get to another club it's hardly a gamble. 5 years in the system and what is his best- still to come. Personally I would play him through the wing and actually utilize him as much as possible as he does use the ball offensively more than many. At the end of 2019 im not sure all of Lav Lang Ridley and Francis will be at the bombers- one will be gone

I've no doubt he will will make it. Yes it's his 5th year, I get all that but he is still a slow burn and if he did get to another club it's hardly a gamble. 5 years in the system and what is his best- still to come. Personally I would play him through the wing and actually utilize him as much as possible as he does use the ball offensively more than many. At the end of 2019 im not sure all of Lav Lang Ridley and Francis will be at the bombers- one will be gone

Hi Kyle or one of Kyle's family members.

Just a member - looking thru different eyes- point stands he's 22 and Rid 20 Franga etc who are all going judt ok but will be AFL footballers perhaps not at our CLUB
Just a member who has had every post they've posted in this thread except for 2 in the Myers thread talking about Kyle?

Have a good look at Langfordā€™s movement, awareness and skills under pressure. Heā€™s a shorter version of Zac Clarke. And that has to be saddest and most scathing thing I reckon you could say about an AFL player at the moment.

Yep..very true. and the thought of it all doesnā€™t sit well ..but thatā€™s footy sometimes

Club ruined this kids development trade him and help his career blossom at another club that plays him in the right position

Nah mate...see ball get ball at pace with no regard for your own wellbeing.

Thatā€™s what this brutal game is about.

Clubs donā€™t teach that. They just provide match simulation drills to practice skills.

Come game day, itā€™s the playerā€™s responsibility how they go about it. Regardless of position.

Do you think Gavin Wanganeen dropped off the intensity when Sheedy put him in back pocket after playing forward?

Nup...he adjusted and made the role his own and just worked hard.

No excuses.

Nah mate...see ball get ball at pace with no regard for your own wellbeing.

Thatā€™s what this brutal game is about.

Clubs donā€™t teach that. They just provide match simulation drills to practice skills.

Come game day, itā€™s the playerā€™s responsibility how they go about it. Regardless of position.

Do you think Gavin Wanganeen dropped off the intensity when Sheedy put him in back pocket after playing forward?

Nup...he adjusted and made the role his own and just worked hard.

No excuses.
Wanganeen's football brain was also operating at many more frames per second.

Just a member who has had every post they've posted in this thread except for 2 in the Myers thread talking about Kyle?
Just as sad that you track all of this detail.......if they are Kyle's family thanks for showing so much understanding and respect for their feelings .

Give kyle a ******* cha ce would you.
We gifted Stanton a *ton of games, and this guy has it if he can piece it

If that is a friend or family member it's probably worth keeping in mind what impact some of the posting here might have on that person.

If anyone ever wonders why mental health is taking such a toll on AFL players these days you only need to look as far as some of the comments here to see why. You wouldn't say that sort of s**t to someone's face, why say it here?

Back