Prediction Now that we're back, can we make the finals?

Do you think we will make the finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell is the go there. How many pre seasons has he had?

The basketball excuse is BS IMO. On a much smaller scale of course, but I got my kid into basketball to help with fitness - and it has, it hasn’t hindered it at all. His footy fitness has improved vastly as a result of running continual suicides and beep tests

Hugh was a pro player and I find it hard to believe he wasn’t at a high level of fitness - then throw in our pre seasons on top? Doesn’t add up.

Yep I've never believed the fitness excuse. It's bullshit.

The real reason IMO is we don't want to play him as an inside midfielder because we have Sloane and the Crouches, who we will use at any and all opportunities in that role

What the hell is the go there. How many pre seasons has he had?

The basketball excuse is BS IMO. On a much smaller scale of course, but I got my kid into basketball to help with fitness - and it has, it hasn’t hindered it at all. His footy fitness has improved vastly as a result of running continual suicides and beep tests

Hugh was a pro player and I find it hard to believe he wasn’t at a high level of fitness - then throw in our pre seasons on top? Doesn’t add up.

Of course it’s BS. Remember when they refused to play Dangerfield in the midfield because his fitness wasn’t at an appropriate level. Then they did the same to Matt Crouch but left him in the SANFL, now they are doing it to Gallucci and Poholke.

The crows use this excuse all the bloody time to avoid moderating their midfield.

Yep I've never believed the fitness excuse. It's bulls**t.

The real reason IMO is we don't want to play him as an inside midfielder because we have Sloane and the Crouches, who we will use at any and all opportunities in that role
The longer this season goes the more i'm convinced we need to make a splash move to revamp our midfield this offseason.

Regardless of the fact that Sloane, Crouch and Crouch are all very good players in their own right, the resultant midfield make-up doesn't mesh well, and is actually hurting us.

Yep I've never believed the fitness excuse. It's bulls**t.

Plus we add in the likes of Gibbs and Douglas as we did on Saturday night.

Godden was a contested ball fanatical coach at WWTFC and he is now doing the same thing at AFC. He needs to get with the times.

It’s going to be really hard for us to make finals now. Our % advantage has evaporated.

Port should win the last 3. If so we also will need to win 3 to guarantee 8th. Port has home games v Syd and Freo, both will help their % even just 30 point wins.

Even if they lost to North away, we will need to win 2 of our next 3. WCE will damage our % next week, nothing surer.

Of course anything can happen, but right now Port are in the box seat - comfortably

I think this is right. The most likely outcome is we do not make it- we could easily lose all three, and I really struggle to see us winning more than one.

“Port’s kids are at a different stage in their development”. The great Don Pyke, ladies and gentlemen.
Once Jones and McHenry have another preseason or two under their belts like Gallucci and Fogarty do they'll play regular games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I answered this last week

3-1 and 6th place

So far 1-0 :)
Winning our remaining 3 wouldn't get us to 6th, We have to win at least 2 and still hope results go our way to play finals. The earlier capitulations to North Melbourne, West Coast, Port and Essendon ruined our chances of any deep September action, win even 3 of them games and we would've been a top 4 shot, Now it's just a battle to play an away final.

Might not win another game this season.

Then again we could shock West Coast and Collingwood and lose to the Bulldogs.

Would not be surprised on both of these scenarios. But making the finals, we won't go very far from 7th or 8th.

Winning our remaining 3 wouldn't get us to 6th, We have to win at least 2 and still hope results go our way to play finals. The earlier capitulations to North Melbourne, West Coast, Port and Essendon ruined our chances of any deep September action, win even 3 of them games and we would've been a top 4 shot, Now it's just a battle to play an away final.

And not to mention that loss in Brisbane. 1 damn point.

We've won games and played poorly, we've lost games and played better.

Sure...throw facts out there...since when has that become a thing. ;)

3-1 and 6th place damnit

We will be competitive against eagles but they will win in the end with the Perth umpiring.
We will then beat Collingwood with one of our best performances of the year.
Then get beaten in a close one against the Bulldogs.
Port to make the 8.

We will be competitive against eagles but they will win in the end with the Perth umpiring.
Port to make the 8.
This could well happen. Plus Essendon may lose all 3 meaning Crows sneak into 8th.

Port to make the 8.

You reckon the umpires will be required to get the Eagles over the line? Seriously, lost for words.

Cameron, Ryan and rioli will run rings around us..we have no one that can go with them. I am worried this will be a blowout
Aaaaaaaand, Lewis Jetta. Dear God, him slicing through the centre corridor putting 50-60m lace out passes into the hands of Kennedy, Darling et al. Kill me now. I don't even want to think about who's even going to try and run down Petruccelle when he takes off down the flank after one of our 2019 trademark turnovers. There'll be more jo-the-gooses against us than JJ's had in his entire career.

Seriously, we will be smashed. We have no morale, a patchwork stop-start sh** gameplan, and inferior players dotted throughout all lines. Our season ended when we rolled over against Essendon (actually long before that IMO when our revelation CEY went down and Greenwood had nobody to share that role with and became fatigued) and this game will kill us stone cold dead.

However, if we jag one win of the last three (not impossible), it might be enough to fall into the eight by default, depending on the sh**ness of the clubs around the same number of wins, and who they lose to.:D

But realistically, wave good-bye to finals.

Back