Aug 16, 2011
Arsenal
Keith and now Dan are being snide to people on their first or second day of construction. They think the contestants should know how to project manage a job from the start.

Yeah Dan made a comment to someone and it came across as incredibly smug.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
Melbourne Stars
Is Jessie the QLD chick?
Jesse is a him. LMAO. Jesse forgetting to order materials 3 times was pretty dumb. Jesse calling himself a tradesman (tiler) reminds me of Andrew from The Blocktagon (s11) who claimed he was a chippie, yet had NFI what he was doing. I guess we'll see if Jessie is right when he starts tiling.

The gay guys really impress me, I'm looking forward to seeing their rooms. They really know what they're doing due to being experienced renovators, while on the opposite end of the spectrum the comedian and his wife have NFI what they're doing. I laughed at Dan trying to give the comedian guy advice and he had no clue what Dan was talking about. Then the comedian rings a tiler who suggests what Dan said and the bloke still didn't have a clue. How hard to be chucked into something like this and you have no idea about building or renovating. I don't envy them, but we've seen it before and those couples do learn eventually.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Jessie is a him. LMAO. Jessie forgetting to order materials 3 times was pretty dumb. Jessie calling himself a tradesman (tiler) reminds me of Andrew from The Blocktagon (s11) who claimed he was a chippie, yet had NFI what he was doing. I guess we'll see if Jessie is right when he starts tiling.

The gay guys really impress me, I'm looking forward to seeing their rooms. They really know what they're doing due to being experienced renovators, while on the opposite end of the spectrum the comedian and his wife have NFI what they're doing. I laughed at Dan trying to give the comedian guy advice and he had clue what he was talking about. Then the comedian rings a tiler who suggests what Dan said and the bloke still didn't have a clue. How hard to be chucked into something like this and you have no idea about building or renovating. I don't envy them, but we've seen it before and those couples do learn eventually.

Andrew from Blocktagon was just out of his depth. He was a young tradie that had clearly never been part of a high pressure build. Some trades have whole careers like that.

Steve and Chantelle from years back had zero experience and ended up winning, ditto the twins from Adelaide. As it gets bigger though it gets harder.

Agree about the gay guys, from what we've seen of their work, I like their style. I think it may be a bit much for the judges though who like everything straight down the bat, despite how much they call for personality and warmth.

Aug 16, 2011
Arsenal
Jessie is a him. LMAO. Jessie forgetting to order materials 3 times was pretty dumb. Jessie calling himself a tradesman (tiler) reminds me of Andrew from The Blocktagon (s11) who claimed he was a chippie, yet had NFI what he was doing. I guess we'll see if Jessie is right when he starts tiling.

The gay guys really impress me, I'm looking forward to seeing their rooms. They really know what they're doing due to being experienced renovators, while on the opposite end of the spectrum the comedian and his wife have NFI what they're doing. I laughed at Dan trying to give the comedian guy advice and he had clue what he was talking about. Then the comedian rings a tiler who suggests what Dan said and the bloke still didn't have a clue. How hard to be chucked into something like this and you have no idea about building or renovating. I don't envy them, but we've seen it before and those couples do learn eventually.
Yeah Jesse is a massive flog.

Trying to swim when he can barely even crawl. Doesn't help he is a twat too.

The gay guys will do very well, probably the favourites to win right now I reckon. They would be rolling in it already too I reckon.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
Melbourne Stars
They would be rolling in it already too I reckon.
Often it's just because gay men are double income no kids that makes them seem more well off, and they've probably made a mint from their renovations, though they said they went a bit more vanilla in their last (thinking it would appeal to a bigger market) and really struggled to sell it.

Aug 16, 2011
Arsenal
Often it's just because gay men are double income no kids that makes them seem more well off, and they've probably made a mint from their renovations, though they said they went a bit more vanilla in their last (thinking it would appeal to a bigger market) and really struggled to sell it.
They have two daughters. Mitch was married.

---

Andy tries way too hard to be funny.

saj_21

Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Warney's IPL team!
I dunno.

Nearly every week - Keith: 'I don't think you're gonna finish'.

Most weeks - everybody finishes.

So only one couple finished the bedroom in time for reveal

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
Love that original retro carpet on one of the couples staircase. Will be a shame when they eventually rip it up.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
Melbourne Stars
Dave Hughes?

Not exactly artisan...

Dave Hughes brought one of the houses in the 2017 series set in Regent street, Elsternwick. I never heard he brought an apartment at The Gatwick last year. I'll need proof of that before I'll believe it.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
Melbourne Stars
I do think the rooms will look nice once they're all done. I agreed with the judges that the unpainted rooms still showed a lot style. Now let's see if people can do a bathroom in 2 days when some have barely even touched it. maybe it would've been better if they didn't have to present the room so soon and just present both on sunday. Scotty got a bit ahead of himself on this one.

Aug 16, 2011
Arsenal
Dave Hughes brought one of the houses in the 2017 series set in Regent street, Elsternwick. I never heard he brought an apartment at The Gatwick last year. I'll need proof of that before I'll believe it.
Yeah he bought Josh and Elyse's place I think.

Aug 16, 2011
Arsenal
I do think the rooms will look nice once they're all done. I agreed with the judges that the unpainted rooms still showed a lot style. Now let's see if people can do a bathroom in 2 days when some have barely even touched it. maybe it would've been better if they didn't have to present the room so soon and just present both on sunday. Scotty got a bit ahead of himself on this one.
Didn't like Adam & Mel's room much.

The bed was ugly and the rug was even worse.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
Surprised none of the judges picked up the TV in the gay guys bedroom.

There looked like zero way you'd be able to watch that from the bed.