Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

I will cry if Stephen leaves.
Brad is a huge loss but I guess its the definition of buy low sell high.
He might break down next year and Stephen is no guarantee to play regular footy anymore.
We get 2 top 20 picks in or use for other players returning.
I'd honestly rather he go to Geelong and we can package him into a trade for a Kelly, at least that way we're getting good value from it. I'd be sad if Stephen leaves too, been great for us

Duncan, Gaff, ?, Whitfield and Sidebottom.

my point was that Brad is being touted as the no 1 winger with speed and endurance above all others..how could he be replaced....we will be stuffed without him. Gaff is the only one of those four in the free running fast winger class.

More to the point which I think was missed was that sides set up with what they have and some are doing extremely well without speedsters on the wings.

Love how the picture has S Hill front and centre as though he is the 2012-2015 version and not the version who has played about 10 games in 2 years, still he is only 29 years old so just our luck he goes somewhere else and they magically cure his leg problems and he plays another 3-4 years

I will cry if Stephen leaves.
Brad is a huge loss but I guess its the definition of buy low sell high.
He might break down next year and Stephen is no guarantee to play regular footy anymore.
We get 2 top 20 picks in or use for other players returning.

stop crying E

I wouldnt get your hopes to high with Stephen HIll compo. Unless the AFL have told them they can recruit some FAs entirely out of the salary cap that the AFL will pay for, I cant see them offering anything that would get an injured 29 year old into band 2 category. We'll be very lucky if its band 3

I'd honestly rather he go to Geelong and we can package him into a trade for a Kelly, at least that way we're getting good value from it. I'd be sad if Stephen leaves too, been great for us
Jack Steven wants to go to Geelong, there's your connection.

Ross saying that he's confident in keeping Ed, didn't say anything +ve about BHilly.
But I agree with the Worst this morning, I stole it from an office foyer !
We hold all the bargaining chips with the BHilly possibility, only trade if we win, and win well!!

Take heart, guys. If the Hill bros do leave then you'll probably be able to wave them at Geelong and secure Kelly (may even keep your draft picks, too).

I'm an old fart who reckons a contract is a contract, and you only move under special circumstances ( sick immediate relative or ripping up the WAFL and still not getting a senior call up ). BUT I'm now seeing that the players are moving and so you see them as coinage, use them to buy the replacements.

It's a big bummer if the Hills go, but if you accept it and plan their replacement accordingly, it can be a win win.

I hope Brad realises that having your partners mum in a nearby suburb, is not all roses. Remember, you are making a sacrifice, ……….. you need to make your own life.

Ross saying that he's confident in keeping Ed, didn't say anything +ve about BHilly.
But I agree with the Worst this morning, I stole it from an office foyer !
We hold all the bargaining chips with the BHilly possibility, only trade if we win, and win well!!
Good news about Ed. I am looking forward to pinging a couple of people if a deal gets done for Hill

Its going to be substantial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colin Young is not exactly in the business of supporting Freo to its maiden premiership.

Glass half full if we get St Kilda to trade (assume they miss coniglio)
Mayne = pick 23 =B Hill = pick 5 (+ B Acres?)
pick 54 = Lachie Neale = pick 6 = Jesse Hogan

Mayne (Hill) + Neale + Weller
=
Pick 5 + pick 6 + pick 2

I just peeked on the Saints trade thread....

One saints fan offered this to freo....

Mid to late First round pick + Acres + Steak Knives for Brad Hill & Darcy Tucker

I just peeked on the Saints trade thread....

One saints fan offered this to freo....

Mid to late First round pick + Acres + Steak Knives for Brad Hill & Darcy Tucker
I've been pretty vocal on the ridiculous nature of some there trade suggestions on here because they are pretty funny. Credit where its due though, there have been several on their board telling the nuffies how good Hill is and they would do their first pick happily

I don't care about S.Hill leaving any more,his persistent leg injuries have cooked him.

B.Hill leaving is going to hurt a lot.If were to keep Langdon but bring in T.Kelly & Angus Brayshaw,have we potentially strengthened our midfield unit?

Just the 26 games so far.
2017 Stephen missing four games, Brad played those four.
2018 Brad missing twelve games, eight of which Stephen played in.
2019 Stephen missing sixteen so far, Brad played all of those.

So just over a season in almost three seasons. This all might just boil down to whether Stephen chooses a last big contract, if one is offered.

I don't care about S.Hill leaving any more,his persistent leg injuries have cooked him.

B.Hill leaving is going to hurt a lot.If were to keep Langdon but bring in T.Kelly & Angus Brayshaw,have we potentially strengthened our midfield unit?

Breaks even. But we’ll have to play Colyer/Giro to add a bit more speed. Brayshaw coming in helps cover Mundy when he hangs them up...but if both go we lose speed on both wings.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Angus isn’t that quick right?

I've been pretty vocal on the ridiculous nature of some there trade suggestions on here because they are pretty funny. Credit where its due though, there have been several on their board telling the nuffies how good Hill is and they would do their first pick happily

Rebuild is well and truly over. We need ready made players not picks.

People in here do realise that Freo don't want Brad to go right? This is not the club pushing him out for draft picks, its Brad looking out for himself and his family.

So what is your strategy to stop players making decisions for themselves?

Also, how is a couple of players leaving rebuilding again and again? That's hyperbole. It's two players and we have turned over 32 in 3 years. Ed and Billy represent 6% of that total turnover.
Well we need to start by making the club totally professional. It is not regarded as that outside of the club. When Fremantle do well it shocks the rest of the community, when Eagles do well it is expected.
We need to turn attract players to want to come to club, not just because we pay well but because this is the place to be.
I don't expect every player to be loyal, but we need to improve this. Start at the top, remove the CEO , rebuild the whole business side.
We need to stop making excuses as a club and give the members what we desire
Ross promised a PRemiership before the end of his extended cotnrsct back in 2016. that is next year and I don't see that occurring.
How is it not written into coaches contracts that winning premierships is the goal. unless we in finals every year we are not in the right place.

But each to their own, if you happy with replacing good players with a draft pick that will take upto 3 years to fruit into a great player. then so be it

Love Stephen, however if he can get a payday, is happy to go and we can get anything close to 2nd round compo .......I wave thee farewell

Breaks even. But we’ll have to play Colyer/Giro to add a bit more speed. Brayshaw coming in helps cover Mundy when he hangs them up...but if both go we lose speed on both wings.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Angus isn’t that quick right?
Angus is not quick and should be playing inside mid.

Giro coming back from a mid season ACL - Had surgery in the second week of June. Seems to be champing at the bit to increase his training but all things going well he still will be unlikely playing for Peel before end of April and quite possibly later.

Not seen a lot from Trav Colyer that excites me but perhaps getting him into the midfield/wing will help him. Played better for Peel in the midfield on the weekend rather than his usual high half forward role.

I’d be looking at other options with some leg speed like Zac Fisher or Shai Bolton for the wing. I’m feeling a vibe that Langdon might be a chance to stay.

Well we need to start by making the club totally professional. It is not regarded as that outside of the club. When Fremantle do well it shocks the rest of the community, when Eagles do well it is expected.
We need to turn attract players to want to come to club, not just because we pay well but because this is the place to be.
I don't expect every player to be loyal, but we need to improve this. Start at the top, remove the CEO , rebuild the whole business side.
We need to stop making excuses as a club and give the members what we desire
Ross promised a PRemiership before the end of his extended cotnrsct back in 2016. that is next year and I don't see that occurring.
How is it not written into coaches contracts that winning premierships is the goal. unless we in finals every year we are not in the right place.

But each to their own, if you happy with replacing good players with a draft pick that will take upto 3 years to fruit into a great player. then so be it

Every player that has come through at least since Ross has been there comments on the professionalism of the place. Could the club do better, probably and it should. But the "regarded by outside the club" is the most vague assessment you could make. If it is regarded as such, it is because we've not had much success in recent years.

Eagles were being talked up as a shambles in 2013-14 - now they're back at the top and they're the model club. There was hardly any talk of 'unprofessionalism' etc. in 2013-15 for us. The majoirty of the the negative hype that leads to 'perception outside of the club' is just sheep following the W or L column - that is true of most clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back