The Great Potatoe Harvest of 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Noting that I havnt allowed for any player trading, on the basis that we just take our picks to the draft, this is probably who I’d look at from a delist perspective;

Maynard
Garlett
C Wagner
Walker
Spargo
Kielty
T Smith

I think that’s 5 main list spots, 1 rookie and 1 cat B rookie who we can’t replace.

In reality there will obviously be players like KK, AVB and J Smith who don’t get renewed it will leave, and no doubt we will trade a player or 2 of value.

Noting that I havnt allowed for any player trading, on the basis that we just take our picks to the draft, this is probably who I’d look at from a delist perspective;

Maynard
Garlett
C Wagner
Walker
Spargo
Kielty
T Smith

I think that’s 5 main list spots, 1 rookie and 1 cat B rookie who we can’t replace.

In reality there will obviously be players like KK, AVB and J Smith who don’t get renewed it will leave, and no doubt we will trade a player or 2 of value.
Ah, it's actually 2. Spargo and Garlett are the only ones on the senior list, the rest are varying levels of rookie.

Maynard
Garlett
C Wagner
Walker
Spargo
Kielty
T Smith

Can't believe people want to cut Spargo.

It won't happen. He isn't the first young player to suffer the second year blues, he won't be the last.

Also had a calf injury this year and a broken jaw at one point. Only played 6 VFL games this year in total! Not like he has been languishing there without being selected.

Also had a calf injury this year and a broken jaw at one point. Only played 6 VFL games this year in total! Not like he has been languishing there without being selected.
In fairness, our injury list has been that long this year, he'd have been easy to miss on there.

Spargo is still young and very cheap and with Jeffy going he is pretty much the only small forward we have.
By virtue of being small he qualifies as small forward. He doesn’t entirely play like a small forward - or not like the best of them.

I’d keep him though. He was decent last year and I’d probably keep him for attacking Goddard anyway.

Spargo’s skills are actually quite good and his delivery into F50 was solid. He’s been poor in front of goal this year but who hasn’t. His ability and want to two-way run and second effort is one of the best in the team.

Spargo’s skills are actually quite good and his delivery into F50 was solid. He’s been poor in front of goal this year but who hasn’t. His ability and want to two-way run and second effort is one of the best in the team.
Plus he attacked Goddard. In his first senior game. I feel it deserves repeating.

So who gets it in the neck?
- Keilty, surely
- JKH, again, surely, but I remain adamant he is an AFL level player, we just killed his career as is our want
- Tim Smith, I think he stays
- AVB, gone, unfortunately his body is broken beyond repair
- bedford, gone, has shown 2/3 of 0
- Lewis - cooked
- Kolodjashnij (what a ridiculously hard name to spell!) gone, for his own well being
- Jeffy - left the building two years ago
- Stretch - unfortunately has become a quintessential list clogger
- Maynard - I hope we keep him,
- the Waffen brothers, I hope we keep josh

It’s shaping up to be an all time record harvest.

On top of this, Jones, Hibberd and Nev are all near to the end and Brayshaw looks as invested as Jack Watts in a gym.
And the ultimate Down hill skier ANB?

Ah, it's actually 2. Spargo and Garlett are the only ones on the senior list, the rest are varying levels of rookie.

Oh. Might need to reconsider my list then..

I made certain allowances on the presumption of contracts etc but potentially Lewis will retire as well.

If we make no trades, then I’d be happy with 5 picks at the draft considering that we have the second pick of each round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

19 year old who's played 24 games of senior footy. Spud and delist yeah?

I don’t normally write them off this early and there’s no way we will delist him after only 2 years.

That said, I maintain my opinion that he’s junk and will play a handful of decent games if we keep him until he’s 25, at best.

Bookmark it if you want, I will gladly eat my words.

A team like GC would pick up Stretch before he signed a one year deal with us you’d think. I have no issues signing Stretch for 2 and giving KK one more. We can’t just trade depth, that’s where we got stuck this year. We needed the likes of Tyson, Kent, Bugg to lean on this year.

KK obviously top 22 when firing and I’d give him one more year in 2’s to see what he can do.
I agree with giving KK another year as well as stretch but we didn't need Tyson or Bugg at all haha. Fritsch is a 100x better than Bugg as a forwsrd, our inside stocks are to the point where Brayshaw is on the wing so Tyson would have played 2s all year and Kent would have been handy but lost likely injured anyway.

Depth doesn't matter a * when your top 10 players are playing like s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back