News Marshall and Ladhams sign on!

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a definite shift with Ladham's attitude though he was physically Dan Stewart-esque at times last year whether it was in ruck or marking contests up forward.

Is part of Ladhams deal a rookie list upgrade? You’d think so surely
He's been on the rookie list 3 years so to keep him a 4th year on the rookie he has to go back in the draft and get re drafted (see Cam Hewett as an example). So we will officially upgrade him at the end of the season.

In mid 2017 we re-signed Houston for 2 years. As 2017 was his 2nd year on the rookie list, we kept him on the rookie list for 2018 ( to keep $80k of his base payment outside the cap) officially upgraded him at end of 2018 season and then in late November 2018 gave him a 3 year extension covering 2020-21-22.

He's been on the rookie list 3 years so to keep him a 4th year he has to go back in the draft and get re drafted. So we will officially upgrade him at the end of the season.

In mid 2017 we re-signed Houston for 2 years. As 2017 was his 2nd year on the rookie list, we kept him on the rookie list for 2018 ( to keep $80k of his base payment outside the cap) officially upgraded him at end of 2018 season and then in late November 2018 gave him a 3 year extension covering 2020-21-22.
Yep forgot about that rule.

Lienert was the same as Houston, was on the rookie list for 2017 and 2018, and then in September last year we sign him up for 2 years, 2019 on the rookie list and use the $80k salary cap exemption base paid to rookies, any excess counted in the cap, and 2020 he will be on the main list.

Interesting that Ladhams admitted this. “I didn’t really play well in the SANFL last year and they could’ve easily moved me on, but they showed faith and gave me an extra year."

Interesting that Ladhams admitted this. “I didn’t really play well in the SANFL last year and they could’ve easily moved me on, but they showed faith and gave me an extra year."
He moved out of home and in with Billy Frampton after the end of last year. Wonder if Chris Davies or whoever deals closely with him at the club told him to do it to show more commitment. He says it was the best move he has made, to not depend on his folks to do everything for him.

Nothing earth-shattering but a positive is a positive. Marshall had next year to go anyway.

Per Contracted Players still unsigned for next year are Patrick Ryder, Matthew Broadbent, Trent McKenzie, Billy Frampton, Karl Amon, Jack Trengove, Kane Farrell, Riley Bonner, Aidyn Johnson, Justin Westhoff, Cam Hewett, Martin Frederick (1st year category B rookie), Sam Gray, Tobin Cox (1st year rookie), Kai Pudney (1st year category B rookie), and Cameron Sutcliffe (1st year rookie).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Frampton is delisted it will be because he doesn’t have the right temperament for the trade, which adversely affects him at AFL level where a key forward doesn’t get as many clean looks as SANFL level.

He’s hot headed and you can’t build your team around a player like that. Personally I’d delist him with the view to picking him up as a rookie.

As for Marshall and Ladhams, it was never in doubt. Unlike supporters, players know exactly where they stand and why they aren’t getting games. This team will make room for players who are performing.

You mean old Port Adelaide aggression? Or are we only the community friendly side not worried about winning premierships or playing footy now?

I don't really understand the idea that some people have that because we have player x, that we don't need player y.
We should be aiming to keep Frampton and Hayes too. Can't have too much quality on your list.

You mean old Port Adelaide aggression? Or are we only the community friendly side not worried about winning premierships or playing footy now?

Aggression is fine when it’s channeled into winning games. Can’t help the side win when you’re sitting in the stands because you’ve been suspended.

Aggression is fine when it’s channeled into winning games. Can’t help the side win when you’re sitting in the stands because you’ve been suspended.

You mean when he booted 6 goals that game, meanwhile Dixon can barely manage to hold onto a ball? Seriously mate, he could breathe on someone and get suspended. But then again, can't help the side win when your coach barely gives you an opportunity at selection and people keep the "but but he's a ruck", we need him as a KPF plain and simple.

What makes me laugh is Ladhams came good this year as a ruck, Billy came good this year as a KPF and shows signs of immense improvement and warranting a place in the team.

Can someone actually confirm if he ran over Ken's dog or something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back