Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
This is my idea i posted in the other thread.

Attachments

• 101D31D6-FE83-4943-87C0-A4AC0D85D096.png
    101D31D6-FE83-4943-87C0-A4AC0D85D096.png
    428.3 KB · Views: 189

shaqsuns

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
So obviously the guernsey change is going to be a part of our 10 year anniversary next year? Can't believe we've been in the AFL for 9 years already...

And would believe the whole fortunes of our football club came down to one Brent Macaffer tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenYBlue

Seeking #17
May 31, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Some clowns potting the Carlton jumper when it's simultaneously the most unique and instantly recognisable jumper in the entire competition o_O

You could do a lot worse than following that example.

Imagine a Red jumper with a gold GCFC logo?

Maybe take some inspiration from the old Fitzroy jumpers?
They're even the right colours and it would immediately promote a greater sense of legitimacy for the club amongst all footy fans.

As it stands I'm happy with how the jumpers currently look, but really don't want to see it changed to some generic striped or sash uniform.

fitzroy lions.png

cosimo

Debutant
Jun 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham, Phoenix Suns
I've been thinking about this idea too, the monogram logo, whether it be large and on the front or small and on the back of the neck line in a more complimentary role. Creating a 4 letter monogram is tough though!
Some clowns potting the Carlton jumper when it's simultaneously the most unique and instantly recognisable jumper in the entire competition o_O

They're even the right colours and it would immediately promote a greater sense of legitimacy for the club amongst all footy fans.

As it stands I'm happy with how the jumpers currently look, but really don't want to see it changed to some generic striped or sash uniform.

View attachment 723622

On ONEPLUS A3003 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
I've been thinking about this idea too, the monogram logo, whether it be large and on the front or small and on the back of the neck line in a more complimentary role. Creating a 4 letter monogram is tough though!

On ONEPLUS A3003 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's 4 letters, but it's so much easier that G and the 2 Cs are so similar so they can go around eachother in the logo. It's the F that throws things off, you can only put that in the middle.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast

View attachment 723622
personally Im not keen on "borrowing" the fitzroy design but.... It would be a huge kick in the balls to Brisbane and would love to stir that rivalry pot.

cosimo

Debutant
Jun 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham, Phoenix Suns
Attached is what I've been working on this morning, having 3 similar shapes (GCC) has been the toughest part because it leaves very little room for the F. Although the font I'm using plays a role in that. I think club monograms look best when they're in an old-style, ornate serif font. Still searching for other typefaces that may work too.

GCFC_v1.png
GCFC_v2.png

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I reckon the following design principles create a better look:

1. Logo has to be rejigged, looks out of place for the AFL.
2. Red and gold are perfectly fine as a colour scheme, drawing inspiration from surf lifesavers as stated back at the club launch. Blue complicates things.
3. Could look more like the lifesavers they're influenced by.
4. Since it's the GOLD Coast, it's fitting if the primary colour is gold/yellow.
5. Simple is better, although I'm not a fan of the side panels.

With that in mind, I had a go based off LeeARM 's excellent logo.

HOME:

AWAY:

CLASH:

In addition, I tried out a design with thin stripes to each side, a little bit reminiscent of Collingwood's suspenders guernsey.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I reckon the following design principles create a better look:

1. Logo has to be rejigged, looks out of place for the AFL.
2. Red and gold are perfectly fine as a colour scheme, drawing inspiration from surf lifesavers as stated back at the club launch. Blue complicates things.
3. Could look more like the lifesavers they're influenced by.
4. Since it's the GOLD Coast, it's fitting if the primary colour is gold/yellow.
5. Simple is better, although I'm not a fan of the side panels.

With that in mind, I had a go based off LeeARM 's excellent logo.

HOME:

View attachment 726321

AWAY:

View attachment 726322

CLASH:

View attachment 726323

In addition, I tried out a design with thin stripes to each side, a little bit reminiscent of Collingwood's suspenders guernsey.

View attachment 726324
Really not a fan of the all yellow look.

it looks alright on the african american girls with the darker skin but the white girls... does not suit.
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 2.22.12 PM.png

Back