Teams Your Completed 2019 team

Should be ranked higher with this side .....guess it was all in the timing of assembling it
Nah, it was the early rounds. Ranked 27k after Round 5 and captaining Danger for his 60 while everyone else had Grundys 160. Ranked top 4000 after Round 15.

Then Jelly, Hurn, Fyfe, Whitfield and Daniel all went down figured I wasn’t winning the 50k so saved trades and ran with a few donuts over consecutive weeks to set myself up for finals with trades in hand.

Apr 12, 2011
Yarraville
AFL Club
Sydney

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 1.27.22 pm copy.jpg

Season was over pretty early so just decided to scratch some itches in bringing in blokes I like as players / was OK taking a chance on.
The cover is strong enough in theory, but most of the time you're better off going the best quality premos on field and accepting adequate cheap rookie cover.
But it's been interesting trying the strategy out. Will veer back to a more guns and rookies strategy and not shorting as many high ownership blokes next year.
If the highly owned studs get off to a flyer, you're cooked and the best you can hope for is just to overtake a few who run out of trades over the final rds tbh.

Update:

Things have really rolled my way with the Kelly+Hurn injuries, + Brodie Smith's recent scoring. Up into the 200s now. 4 trades left after Brodie Smith to Whitfield this week. Looking to beat 146th to notch my highest ever finish.

View attachment 714493

That is such a strong on-field line-up, excellent. Great work :thumbsu:

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Season was over pretty early so just decided to scratch some itches in bringing in blokes I like as players / was OK taking a chance on.
The cover is strong enough in theory, but most of the time you're better off going the best quality premos on field and accepting adequate cheap rookie cover.
But it's been interesting trying the strategy out. Will veer back to a more guns and rookies strategy and not shorting as many high ownership blokes next year.
If the highly owned studs get off to a flyer, you're cooked and the best you can hope for is just to overtake a few who run out of trades over the final rds tbh.
View attachment 720161

Very solid team on paper although a little too PODish for mine, but most of them have killed it this week so a nice ranking jump awaits. I'm a firm believer in investing in bench coverage. And when I say bench coverage I mean genuine loophole options which you have. Probably the strongest bench coverage I've seen so far this year actually. Kudos to you.

exit

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Obviously have to do something about Helmut now. Have Gray as a floating M/F loop option.
Not sure about Sheed, might upgrade to Cripps or Yeo. Considering Sicily to Whitfield/Hurn also.

SC team.PNG

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Obviously have to do something about Helmut now. Have Gray as a floating M/F loop option.
Not sure about Sheed, might upgrade to Cripps or Yeo. Considering Sicily to Whitfield/Hurn also.

View attachment 722209
Awesome team with 4 trades left....

Maybe Daniel > YoYo via Kelly? Sheed > Whitfield via Answerth leaving Sicily to loop?

View attachment 723014

Pretty Happy with the outcome managed to bring in everyone i wanted, have a couple of trades left for emergencies. Dusty as cover for my mids and will be a loophole for merrett and crouch. Hopefully will break into the top 1k by seasons end
Great team with 2 trades left, best team I've seen posted
I wish that was my team!
Did you have a bit of injury luck along the way?

J_GUNstall19

Team Captain
Jun 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great team with 2 trades left, best team I've seen posted
I wish that was my team!
Did you have a bit of injury luck along the way?

Thanks mate. Yeah hasn't been too bad injury wise, think what helped me was starting with dunkley, williams, kelly, oliver etc (nearly traded dunk out rd 4), brought in marshall in rd5 for 400k, and mcrae when he was at his lowest price. Mistakes i made was going sheed to rockliff in rd 5 (ended up trading rocky 3 weeks later) and whitfield to milera which was a terrible error.

Back