150 Year Anniversary Dinner

Sideburns Ahern

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Have heard he's genuinely a lovely bloke but that's a cop-out. Do you think any other club in the league would've even considered appointing him as CEO?

Clearly he was 'installed' in every sense of the word and if he'd offered anything to the club as CEO in his own right would've stood a chance of surviving the coup. After all he wasn't a board member.

The fact the guy is since unsighted as a sporting organisation executive would suggest he was never genuinely part of that industry on merit.

Can't argue with you on any of that. My only point was that he was never an AFL stooge, he was a Duff stooge.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Okay, who has had the gender reassignment?

Thanks for the memories mate. Standing under the windsock that day was a delight but you younguns can just imagine the tension between supporters as the physical stuff on field played out. It was bloody war and I loved every minute of it!
Not sure if I was there that day or not. At that time I was still the age of whenever dad took me to stand in the outer I spent most of the day looking at back pockets of jeans (NTTAWWT) or scrambling for empties for Cash a Can.

Whenever Glendenning pops up on TV he always talks about the day he "shirtfronted that big bloody sook Duckworth". Hates *, and probably 90% of the views of that video are my dad walking off to the PC after muttering the above sentence.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Have heard he's genuinely a lovely bloke but that's a cop-out. Do you think any other club in the league would've even considered appointing him as CEO?

Clearly he was 'installed' in every sense of the word and if he'd offered anything to the club as CEO in his own right would've stood a chance of surviving the coup. After all he wasn't a board member.

The fact the guy is since unsighted as a sporting organisation executive would suggest he was never genuinely part of that industry on merit.

Well his background is hospitality. He studied at William Angliss. Not sure how this translated into being CEO of an AFL club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
There's a lot of acts of real generosity from Carey that have never made the public eye because he doesn't trade on them.

He's also a basic country bloke who has been on a massive roller coaster ride, in full public view, for his entire adult life.

The disconnected judgmental puritans are the ones who project the real behavioral issues.

There's a lot of acts of real generosity from Carey that have never made the public eye because he doesn't trade on them.

He's also a basic country bloke who has been on a massive roller coaster ride, in full public view, for his entire adult life.

The disconnected judgmental puritans are the ones who project the real behavioral issues.

I was referring to Corey but don’t let that stop you.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team

I noticed he was helping Aylett down the stairs of the stage on Saturday night.

pooley

All Australian
Sep 26, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coburg Districts FC
I’d suggest until very recently you could say the opposite about Corey.

I also take it you have never had the unfortunate displeasure of meeting him.
Corey used to live around the corner from me in Port Melbourne. I believe he now lives on the Sunshine Coast. Still flogging those tours to major sporting events. Not sure how well that is going.

pooley

All Australian
Sep 26, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coburg Districts FC
Can't argue with you on any of that. My only point was that he was never an AFL stooge, he was a Duff stooge.

An Aylett (Ricky) anecdote. I was playing at NMCC the same time as Ricky and I occasionally drove him home to Moonee Ponds after training. I was 20. He may have been 16/17. He had one good game in the 4ths (made a very patient 60) and was immediately promoted to the 2nds as a keeper/batsman. The Sun ran a half page story on that promotion (4ths-2nds) no doubt purely on the Aylett name. He struggled at that level and wasn't at North Melb CC for too long. Either was I :)

And his son Rick who I am sure was an AFL stooge.

Years ago saw this clown in a cafe at docklands (think he may have been working for NAB) and I stared him down and turned to my mate and said ‘f..... my club’ , my mate was going ‘what, what’

Severe lack of pics in this thread. Didn't any of you campaigners take any photos? :p
The lighting was very bad for pics, very dimly lit with strange spotlights going across the room. My brother took a photo of me with Carey but the flash did that thing where it went about three times and he moved the camera after the first flash and just wound up with a pic of Duck's stomach, no heads at all. I'm getting it framed and it's straight to the pool room!

The lighting was very bad for pics, very dimly lit with strange spotlights going across the room. My brother took a photo of me with Carey but the flash did that thing where it went about three times and he moved the camera after the first flash and just wound up with a pic of Duck's stomach, no heads at all. I'm getting it framed and it's straight to the pool room!
Have a gut feeling it may be a good pic.

Back