Not open for further replies.

bluemahogany

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Manchester United
  • He's basically just been an unpaid mentor for the coaches but did give the playing group a rocket for not standing up to GWS's physicality
Bolton completely lost me when he refused to stick up for Murph in that post game press conference.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Percy2257

The Urgio to be Sergio
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Just listened to the Herald Sun's podcast 'Sacked' with Robert Walls. I love Wallsy. Very personable and doesn't hold back when he has an opinion, which is great because I think he's mostly on the money.

The things I took away from it for those that haven't listened.
  • He's basically just been an unpaid mentor for the coaches but did give the playing group a rocket for not standing up to GWS's physicality
  • Bolts wasn't doing anything particularly wrong but ultimately it's a win/loss industry
  • Teague is doing a good job and if he keeps winning then he must be considered for the top job. I think this particular point is a given.
  • Carlton are well positioned to win more games than it loses over the next couple of years (i.e. should play finals)
  • Interestingly but not surprisingly (for me) Cuningham is going to be a very good player. Mentioned in the same breath as the very best of the club's youngsters.
Nothing particularly earth shattering but it does sound like Carlton have pretty much got their house in order.

Edit: Forgot to mention in relation to getting an experienced coach he thinks it’s more important to get a good coach than an experienced coach, as Pagan and Malthouse clearly didn’t work.

And they should be looking for an attacking coach.
You left out his endorsement of Ratts and Voss, especially Voss. Quelle Horruer!

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
And Charlie unlucky despite 2019 form and injury issues given that it's actually a 22 and under rather than a true 'under 22' squad.

As explained by the AFLPA on Twitter when asked why Charlie wasn't nominated ...

'He was eligible age wise, but didn’t play enough games. The cut off was 13'.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Pafloyul

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2004
Somewhere else
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
and didn't play well enough to get mentioned - 2 or 3 games he played well, max
Nah, there are other players picked with less form than Charlie... Hipwood, to name one. Fair enough if 13 games is the rules but, otherwise, he should be on the list.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Nah, there are other players picked with less form than Charlie... Hipwood, to name one. Fair enough if 13 games is the rules but, otherwise, he should be on the list.
Not this year he's been off the boil and drinking his own bath water. He needs a rocket because imo he's been s**t house

Pafloyul

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2004
Somewhere else
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Would you take it if you were offered it? I know I wouldn't because I didn't deserve it
Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? We are not talking about the Brownlow or Rising Star, we are talking about placement on a squad of about 40(?) players who turn 22 or under this year. I don't think players can give that up even if they wanted to. :huh:

Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? We are not talking about the Brownlow or Rising Star, we are talking about placement on a squad of about 40() players who turn 22 or under this year. I don't think players can give that up even if they wanted to.
Yeah we are, Unless there was only 40 under 22 when the squad was announced, without looking at all the nominees I would find it ******* hard to give him a spot! On his ON day when the sun is shining and he's had a great surf in the morning he can be anything!! He let's himself down believing he will be the best and not working unbelievably hard to ensure he is. Love ya Pat but it's my take on it

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah we are, Unless there was only 40 under 22 when the squad was announced, without looking at all the nominees I would find it ******* hard to give him a spot! On his ON day when the sun is shining and he's had a great surf in the morning he can be anything!! He let's himself down believing he will be the best and not working unbelievably hard to ensure he is. Love ya Pat but it's my take on it
So injured early in the season with bone bruising, playing injured when he probably shouldn't, finally getting some freedom from injury and setting the place on fire when you are played where you should be, and then getting injured again is letting himself down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back