Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

My Mum works with someone who is mates with Jesse Hogan, and he said that Brad is 100% gone, missus wants to go home to her parents. Reckons Langdon is pretty much out the door too. No comment on Stephen.

my point was that Brad is being touted as the no 1 winger with speed and endurance above all others..how could he be replaced....we will be stuffed without him. Gaff is the only one of those four in the free running fast winger class.

More to the point which I think was missed was that sides set up with what they have and some are doing extremely well without speedsters on the wings.
Gaff is a seagull, gets no hard ball gets, and maybe 2 or 3 contested possessions a game.

My Mum works with someone who is mates with Jesse Hogan, and he said that Brad is 100% gone, missus wants to go home to her parents. Reckons Langdon is pretty much out the door too. No comment on Stephen.

I’d rephrase that in stating Brad 100% wishes to leave. Gone? Well not unless we’re compensated really well. This isn’t news to anyone anyway. Brad himself said on radio many weeks ago that his missus would like to be surrounded by family when they have kids. So if she’s pregnant? Then he will 100% ask to leave. If she’s not? There’s some chance he stays.

I don’t think Freo will stand in his way but well compensated we will be. Brad Hill is a gun and a frenzy will be on to secure him.

Angus is not quick and should be playing inside mid.

Giro coming back from a mid season ACL - Had surgery in the second week of June. Seems to be champing at the bit to increase his training but all things going well he still will be unlikely playing for Peel before end of April and quite possibly later.

Not seen a lot from Trav Colyer that excites me but perhaps getting him into the midfield/wing will help him. Played better for Peel in the midfield on the weekend rather than his usual high half forward role.

I’d be looking at other options with some leg speed like Zac Fisher or Shai Bolton for the wing. I’m feeling a vibe that Langdon might be a chance to stay.

Giro was always a long shot, but even longer term now with injury. Colyer has shown the AFL what he will always be; that inconsistent depth type player. He was the same at Essendon, looked fantastic one week, couple of weeks later, was utterly lost. Replacing Hill's quality will be near impossible, but those two wont be viable options I'm fairly sure.

Fisher and Bolton are more likely, Bolton I'm not sure has the tank to play wing in the way Ross uses BHill, Fisher I think would be a better option in that regard - but I'm not really sure TBH. Still, that's so hypothetical; could we even get them in the door?

Last edited:
I’d rephrase that in stating Brad 100% wishes to leave. Gone? Well not unless we’re compensated really well. This isn’t news to anyone anyway. Brad himself said on radio many weeks ago that his missus would like to be surrounded by family when they have kids. So if she’s pregnant? Then he will 100% ask to leave. If she’s not? There’s some chance he stays.

I don’t think Freo will stand in his way but well compensated we will be. Brad Hill is a gun and a frenzy will be on to secure him.
Ultimately a deal will get done for BHill. I feel St Kilda are the club who will be most willing to part way with their first pick which is likely to be pick 5. I’d take that pick to the bank. Offer our first pick of 7-8 to Geelong for Tim Kelly. Then after some debate let them have pick 5 with a third round pick coming back our way.

If Carlton offer pick 11 and Zac Fisher for Brad Hill then I’d tick that off as well.

Losing the F&B winners in 2017 and 2018 and replacing them with draft picks or suspect trades is rebuilding again and again.

Ed was 4th 2018 after Neale, Mundy and Fyfe so more valuable than just a depth player.

Brad's under contract and not only has Stephen but a young brother here, as well as his beloved ocean and surfing. Him and gf have no family of their own and I question whether the gf story isn't fake news.

If you define a rebuild as replacing 2 players I guess you are right. Otherwise that reasoning is plain daft.
Well we need to start by making the club totally professional. It is not regarded as that outside of the club. When Fremantle do well it shocks the rest of the community, when Eagles do well it is expected.
We need to turn attract players to want to come to club, not just because we pay well but because this is the place to be.
I don't expect every player to be loyal, but we need to improve this. Start at the top, remove the CEO , rebuild the whole business side.
We need to stop making excuses as a club and give the members what we desire
Ross promised a PRemiership before the end of his extended cotnrsct back in 2016. that is next year and I don't see that occurring.
How is it not written into coaches contracts that winning premierships is the goal. unless we in finals every year we are not in the right place.

But each to their own, if you happy with replacing good players with a draft pick that will take upto 3 years to fruit into a great player. then so be it
I look forward to you demonstrating your in depth knowledge of our lack of professionalism vs West Coast. No doubt you have intimate knowledge of the inner sanctum of both clubs.

That's great, but what does that have to do with Gaff apparently being a seagull that only gets 2 or 3 contested touches a game??
I'm just adding more data.

Like this.. A contested possession includes collecting the ball from a hitout, a loose ball get and free kicks for.

Imagine having Brad Hill and Lachie Neale in the same side! Wowee! There should be a rule against that!

And a mate from work was talking to Walters about Hill in the sauna at the ARc and he said don’t believe everything you read.

The only people that know are senior club
officials, his manager and brad/Ed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breaks even. But we’ll have to play Colyer/Giro to add a bit more speed. Brayshaw coming in helps cover Mundy when he hangs them up...but if both go we lose speed on both wings.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Angus isn’t that quick right?

Pretty similar to Andy,may be bit slower imo....

If Angus does happen to play for us next year,have to say it'll be damn cool seeing Fyfe and Brayshaw x 2 starting in the centre square.

Is that the same alternate reality where Freo's good players don't walk out on the club each year?
We gained 4 last year, and lost one good one! We may lose Brad but we’ll get some good players out of it. The saints have really only attracted hannebury and jack wants to go to Geelong. So ease up mate, ease up. And gaff is a good player, he’s just not very well liked round here for obvious reasons

If you define a rebuild as replacing 2 players I guess you are right. Otherwise that reasoning is plain daft.
No. Replacing two players that were 2017 and 2018 F&B and with Ed being 4th in the F&B we're not just talking about losing two nuffie players after already losing Neale. Replacing a club's best player at an optimum age with a new recruit and have to wait 3 or 4 years or being in more dodgy swaps?

What other teams do that and are successful?

Big difference losing your best players two years in a row. How about we try three in a row next year when Fyfey wins?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back