Injury Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

We've also had JKH, Smith X2, J.Wagner, Keilty and co floating around not doing a ******* thing either.

Cut all of those except Joel and that's 5 gone already. Lewis retires and that's 6
So the point your making is we have heaps of blokes who are s**t or never get on the field like AVB we should get rid of them but keep this bloke who hasn’t played in 3 years because

So the point your making is we have heaps of blokes who are s**t or never get on the field like AVB we should get rid of them but keep this bloke who hasn’t played in 3 years because
Except I didn't mention AVB, you did to suit your argument

Vandenberg is contracted it's a stupid irrelevant argument.
You could make a case for it being a different argument but not an irrelevant one, Vanenberg had a chronic history of foot injuries yet we gave him a new contract and it’s bitten the club badly, now you want to repeat that * up less than 12 months later with a bloke who has chronic head and neck issues just because, that’s far more stupid than my argument

You could make a case for it being a different argument but not an irrelevant one, Vanenberg had a chronic history of foot injuries yet we gave him a new contract and it’s bitten the club badly, now you want to repeat that fu** up less than 12 months later with a bloke who has chronic head and neck issues just because, that’s far more stupid than my argument
How has it bitten us badly? Quit the hyperbole, it allowed us to grab Dunkley Wagner and Lockhart to look at having him on the LTI. Only thing lost is salary cap money but you sook about every trade we make anyway so we wouldn't have used it on anyone

Kk ruled out for the year also. What a failed experiment that was. The underserved arrogance of our medical dept to even think they could get this guy healthy again. Delist
What? How was it arrogance, we literally got him for free.

What? How was it arrogance, we literally got him for free.

Was always a dumb decision. Nothing more than window dressing designed to make the May deal (and more directly, our use of a very early pick) look more palatable to Melbourne supporters at large. Fwiw i would have been happy with May on his own without the burden of picking up KK

How has it bitten us badly? Quit the hyperbole, it allowed us to grab Dunkley Wagner and Lockhart to look at having him on the LTI. Only thing lost is salary cap money but you sook about every trade we make anyway so we wouldn't have used it on anyone
Your kidding right, this is your justification it’s good we signed a bloke to a three year contract even though he had a chronic history of injury because when he didn’t get on the field we were able to recruit not 1 but 3 other players nobody else wanted and all it cost was 3 years salary cap which gets paid if he plays a game or not, brilliant. Sign KK up now 5 years at least.

Not sure what if any relevance the trade comment had to the conversation.

Was always a dumb decision. Nothing more than window dressing designed to make the May deal (and more directly, our use of a very early pick) look more palatable to Melbourne supporters at large. Fwiw i would have been happy with May on his own without the burden of picking up KK
I feel like that's factually incorrect. We were linked to KK before May even became a possibility.

That being said, I would delist him. He's too delicate and not that good anyway. Misson's comments sounds like he'll be kept. Better off using his spot on the next Marty Hore.

I feel like that's factually incorrect. We were linked to KK before May even became a possibility.

That being said, I would delist him. He's too delicate and not that good anyway. Misson's comments sounds like he'll be kept. Better off using his spot on the next Marty Hore.

He is contracted, can't just be delisted.

He is contracted, can't just be delisted.
So the 3 years thing is accurate?

Wonder why we thought that was a neat idea? Bloke had barely played for the three years prior

The story around this time last year was that Kolo had a neck injury that was leading to mimicked concussion symptoms, rather than actual concussions. Shame that was wrong, but what can you do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kk ruled out for the year also. What a failed experiment that was. The underserved arrogance of our medical dept to even think they could get this guy healthy again. Delist

The veil of negativity is stronger than ever.

The story around this time last year was that Kolo had a neck injury that was leading to mimicked concussion symptoms, rather than actual concussions. Shame that was wrong, but what can you do?
Meanwhile, this time last year he was actually playing AFL footy, before missing the last couple of weeks with a quad injury I think it was. So for all intents and purposes, he was over the head issues when we brought him in.

In any case, we got Gus through his issues, no reason we can't do the same for KK ... not to mention, as a bloke who can actually kick, in a squad full of blokes that can't, surprising people want to give him the Cheese and Sars so quickly.

Don’t see why we’d turf KK when there is multiple guys I’d delist before him
He played 2 games this year and was ******* ordinary in both combined with the fact that 2 of his last three years have ended because of chronic head and neck injuries and he missed a big chunk of a third with the same thing.

The ping-pong match that saw Max Rooke go ping

There is not much need to repeat the fact injuries have been an issue at Melbourne during their struggles in 2019.

But you know your luck is out when someone at the club tears their hamstring off the bone while playing table tennis at AAMI Park.

That was the unfortunate fate that befell popular Geelong premiership player and Melbourne development coach Max Rooke, who was booked into surgery a couple of weeks ago after his hamstring went ping during a game of ping-pong.

Of course, Rooke knows the feeling well, having been hampered by hamstring injuries during his brilliant 135-game career with Geelong.

He famously headed overseas for treatment involving calves' blood to be available for the Cats' groundbreaking 2007 premiership while his tackle and goal two minutes into the 2009 grand final set the scene for his team's brave win over St Kilda in that classic match.

The good news is that Rooke was walking to and from the coaches' box at Punt Road without apparent discomfort while overseeing the Casey Demons on Saturday.

The ping-pong match that saw Max Rooke go ping

There is not much need to repeat the fact injuries have been an issue at Melbourne during their struggles in 2019.

But you know your luck is out when someone at the club tears their hamstring off the bone while playing table tennis at AAMI Park.

That was the unfortunate fate that befell popular Geelong premiership player and Melbourne development coach Max Rooke, who was booked into surgery a couple of weeks ago after his hamstring went ping during a game of ping-pong.

Of course, Rooke knows the feeling well, having been hampered by hamstring injuries during his brilliant 135-game career with Geelong.

He famously headed overseas for treatment involving calves' blood to be available for the Cats' groundbreaking 2007 premiership while his tackle and goal two minutes into the 2009 grand final set the scene for his team's brave win over St Kilda in that classic match.

The good news is that Rooke was walking to and from the coaches' box at Punt Road without apparent discomfort while overseeing the Casey Demons on Saturday.

This could only happen to us

What risk? It's a 44 man list FFS and we can place him on a long term injury list and replace him mid year if we have too.

There are significant legal risks associated with negligence if we keep trying him and he keeps getting concussed.

I highly doubt we’d give him another year unless he signs some form of waiver.

Even then there might be risks associated with having someone commit to a waiver when they may have brain injury issues.

There are significant legal risks associated with negligence if we keep trying him and he keeps getting concussed.

I highly doubt we’d give him another year unless he signs some form of waiver.

Even then there might be risks associated with having someone commit to a waiver when they may have brain injury issues.

Is there even one example of precedence of an AFL player signing a waiver to ensure that the Club can't have concussion negligence? Even one?

Is there even one example of precedence of an AFL player signing a waiver to ensure that the Club can't have concussion negligence? Even one?

Wouldn’t have thought so. Doubt it’s even legally possible.

I’d suggest we’d be extremely cautious with him and if he’s locked into another year we might even be willing to negotiate an early termination.

Wouldn’t have thought so. Doubt it’s even legally possible.

I’d suggest we’d be extremely cautious with him and if he’s locked into another year we might even be willing to negotiate an early termination.

What is this based on? I mean, it's not impossible, but all signs are that they are being especially cautious and thinking ahead to next year already...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back