Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in the * B.Hill corner if he is chasing money.

He is no more than 700k & about pick 12 IMO. Not to far off what is being tossed around.

Hills run & carry from defence & low passes make Scully & especially Smith look like second rate wingmen.

Whitfield sits on top of that list
Gaff second as he can play inside as well.
Hill easy third place.
Sidebottom is class
Polec
& probably Duncan as he stands out in a good side.
Scully, Smith, S.Hill

But what is the right price ?? $800k is the RIGHT price. Don’t let anybody tell you we can’t fit him in with Cogs and Patton. Utter BS.
And don’t let anybody tell you he is not worth our first pick, particularly if we got something in Pick coming back the other way.

We have seen this football club do almost anything to get a deal done. The reality is we don’t have the intent to do such a deal. It is simple, stubborn and dumb.
Tops I said in a previous comment that I wouldn’t be surprised if Freo don’t want to deal with us in a Hill trade. For all we know Hill might want to come back to us but due to us letting him go for unders I don’t think they want to feel obligated to deal him back to us for unders.

Hill is worth a top 10 pick and circa $800k a year.

Will we do it. I doubt it?

My gut is that pick 8 is part of a Whitfield deal now, or we take it to the Draft.

The reason I don't think GWS will deal Whitfield is, if Coniglio leaves as expected, they'll have the coin to match a bid in 12 months and force a trade anyways.

Agree - Hill would be perfect to pair with a dynamite midfield combination of Mitchell, Jaeger, Coniglio, Worpel, Wingard and Shiels. I think with a fit Scully and Henderson chipping in teams wouldn't be able to keep up.

The question is at what price though? If we could fit him in as Tops suggests I would love for him to come back. Though IMO $800k for a wingman that can only play that one position is too much.
He is handy in front of the sticks too

If so, it's a brilliant way to bend the rules.
Watch the uproar if it happens.

So if Giants use the Essendon pick on Green and their 1st pick on nominating Finn which we match with our 2nd rounder. It then means we can trade our 1st round picks in 2020 & 2021 on Whitfield. And potentially use a 2nd rounder next year on Downie. Sheesh quite the hypothetical.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I rate Hill as the best winger in the comp. He'd make a difference to our side, but if we add Cogs, Mitchell, Patton to this team, it won't matter.

What we're sorely missing is having 3 bona fide Ferraris in our midfield. All of the good sides have them, and then depth in support.

I'd back us against most teams with a starting midfield of Tom, JOM, Cogs, with Worps, Chad and Shiels in support.

The rest will take care of itself.

Cogs is the key.

I rate Hill as the best winger in the comp. He'd make a difference to our side, but if we add Cogs, Mitchell, Patton to this team, it won't matter.

What we're sorely missing is having 3 bona fide Ferraris in our midfield. All of the good sides have them, and then depth in support.

I'd back us against most teams with a starting midfield of Tom, JOM, Cogs, with Worps, Chad and Shiels in support.

The rest will take care of itself.

Cogs is the key.

I agree but If you had to pick 1 and only 1 Cogs or Whitfield?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O’Meara hadn’t played for 2 years and Mitchell struggled to get a game. Cogs and Whitfield are top 5 players from the same team. Probably top 3.

My point is that people were saying it wouldn't happen - but we did make it happen.

I'm with most others here in that i'm happy to wait until 2020 for Whitfield.

O’Meara hadn’t played for 2 years and Mitchell struggled to get a game. Cogs and Whitfield are top 5 players from the same team. Probably top 3.
O’Meara might have missed the last two season but he was best player coming through people had ever seen and was a run away winner of the rising star award even coping attention before Ablett in some games. Mitchell was not hardly getting a game he was already their second best midfielder, played all 26 games in 2016 and average 28 touches a game, was rated in the top 5 for his draft year. Dont rewrite history.

O’Meara might have missed the last two season but he was best player coming through people had ever seen and was a run away winner of the rising star award even coping attention before Ablett in some games. Mitchell was not hardly getting a game he was already their second best midfielder, played all 26 games in 2016 and average 28 touches a game, was rated in the top 5 for his draft year. Dont rewrite history.
Mitchell’s last year at Sydney he was playing most weeks but horse didn’t seem to like him, something to do with his defensive game I think. O’Mearas injury was looking like a career ended as well. Regardless we paid up for both of them. If we lost hodge to FA in our prime and then decided to trade Sam Mitchell I would’ve been livid.

Mitchell’s last year at Sydney he was playing most weeks but horse didn’t seem to like him, something to do with his defensive game I think. Regardless we paid up for both of them. If we lost hodge to FA in our prime and then decided to trade Sam Mitchell I would’ve been livid.

Yes he did play every game not most weeks. My apologies.

was doing very well in last year at Sydney...the prelim against Geelong and the losing grannie was one of their best players both games
Still got low balled by Sydney and was undervalued enough to want to leave and was able to with a minimum of fuss.

Indeed. Fanciful to think that we are getting O'maera and T.Mitchell Coniglio and Whitfield in the same off-season

Name a single time two of the three best players from a contending club moved to the same team in the same off season? It's unprecedented.

Not to mention we will get Patton too.

Jeez the Coniglio thread makes fascinating reading... not even worried about the Giants matching anymore because he is just some lost clogger that we would just need to offer a 4th rounder for anyway...

Unbelievable. I sometimes think BigFooty is some elaborate case study set-up by the government to see how average people deal with sheer unrelenting stupidly. Will it break us?

Name a single time two of the three best players from a contending club moved to the same team in the same off season? It's unprecedented.

Not to mention we will get Patton too.

What??? We are getting two of Whitfield, Kelly and Cameron???

Of course Cogs is a great player, but he has dropped down the rankings at GWS this year.
In addition to the above three I'd also rate Greene as better, Davis as 'better' (once position is taken into account) and Taranto as a player with more upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back