Preview Changes: Round 21 Vs St Kilda + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell you what, we win this week and it gets pretty damn interesting.

With Essendons injuries, we'll start favourites at home.

Could be a mouth-watering do or die with Port in the last round.

If we bring the intensity from the weekend we'll win our next two games and have a shot at Port, depending on which Port turns up

If there’s something, anything, on the line then Port will lose.

I just saw our injury list.....

Tom North is a test, But we all know he is going to play for peel if fit enough this week

Cox is 1 week away.

Ryan and Watson are both 2 weeks away.

Wilson and Stephen Hill is TBA.

Well.... that sucks.

I was hoping Watson to get a debut game.

The same situation we were in 2 weeks ago vs the Bulldogs. Win, and finals are within reach. I wonder if Ross will frame it to the boys as a second chance after that particular game. I think we'll look more balanced with the team selection this time around even despite missing some guns.

Dixon is a chance to debut according to Ross.
If he does get a gig instead of Cam then that may mean the latter's cards are marked.

No it doesn't, it just means that they want to go in with a forward who can also do some back up rucking, which Dixon has been doing at WAFL level for the last two months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what are we thinking chaps and ladies? Are we a good chance to beat the Saints this weekend? Hard to get a read on them at the moment. I’m keen to back in the mosquito fleet for another week. Wouldn’t rush Ryan or Wilson back.

So what are we thinking chaps and ladies? Are we a good chance to beat the Saints this weekend? Hard to get a read on them at the moment. I’m keen to back in the mosquito fleet for another week. Wouldn’t rush Ryan or Wilson back.

We've beaten 3 of the top 4.

We've also lost to 3 of the bottom 4.

Who the * knows.

I was in the next bay to the cheer squad at our last outing to Marvel. Us supporters in Vic were quiet as a church mouse (including me). The doggy fans were really loud, the bulldogs fans saw this game as their moment in the sun and were just as full on as a crowd as we were against the Cats last week.

A little edge in confidence goes a long way, having the crowd loud and behind them really helped the team last week, same as our qualifier against Sydney to get us to a GF.

If a game was on the line and the crowd helps, 1 kicking decision or influence on the umps matters a lot, we went from crap at playing in Melbourne to wining games in our challenging years. If the crowd changed 1 decision in a tight game, over the course of several games the crowd is the difference of an extra win.

I get back to Perth for 1-2 games a year, the far smaller Freo crowd here were louder in our challenging years than a stadium full of you in Perth - with 1 exception. The sydney qaulifier to get us to the Grand Final. The challenge for success is just as much on us as it is on the team. The Hawks fans didn't sit back in their chairs sipping chardonay and eating foie gras, they were co-mingling their boo's with their Bruuuuuuests and in general going off.

As for your post, I digressed, I hope that we can find our voice at Marvel on the weekend. In doing that, we'll drown out the voices in Bigfooty of those Saints serial stalkers the following week in the main board with a win :)

Anyone thinking we can play finals if we win this needs to look at our Adelaide oval record.

Port are gonna thump us in round 23 anyway
That game could become kinda irrelevant to our final 8 chances anyway depending on how the next 2 rounds go....
we could still finish 8th dropping that game if any of Adelaide, Bullies, Essendon and Port drop games....which looking at the draw is quite possible.
What an exciting season end :)
We must win this week!....Although we could still drop one game, provided the above teams do too......Cant drop 2...better to win all 3!!
I will be watching a lot of games closely over the next 3 weeks!!!!....Will be doing quite a bit of cheering for Sydney, North, Collingwood....and even WC this weekend :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back