Prediction Now that we're back, can we make the finals?

Do you think we will make the finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sooo many permutations.

Likely Things that could happen that could affect the bottom end of the 8
- Essendon to lose all 3 (Bulldogs Freo Away and then collingwood at home)
- Freo to win all 3 (i like this potentially the most) ---> (They got the Saints, Essendon and then Port last game)
- Port will lose 1 from 3 (likely against North)
- Crows We should win atleast 1 more (either Collingwood or the bullies) but this is probably the most optemistic scenario.

Im very torn.

I don't want to play finals so everyone who is s**t gets sacked.

I want to play finals to improve our margin in the pick swap.

I want to play finals because watching other teams suck.

-------------------------------------

Decision:

I want to play finals and hope the end of year review gets rid of the rotten core

When did we last beat Collingwood? Was that the time McLeod kicked the winner from the boundary?
I'll assume that thats correct but my point is that right now they are not playing well. Yes theu beat the Suns but not by as much as we did. They are riddled with injuries. Our form suggests that we may not be good enough to beat them but if ever there was an opportunity to knock them off that game will be it. Fingers crossed we can do it.

It’s going to be really hard for us to make finals now. Our % advantage has evaporated.

Port should win the last 3. If so we also will need to win 3 to guarantee 8th. Port has home games v Syd and Freo, both will help their % even just 30 point wins.

Even if they lost to North away, we will need to win 2 of our next 3. WCE will damage our % next week, nothing surer.

Of course anything can happen, but right now Port are in the box seat - comfortably
I am thinking that Port could also lose to Sydney. Perhaps this is in part because of my wanting Sydney to win another game just to open a game and percentage over Carlton. But Port did look good last week. Lets hope that their consistency ( or lack of) hits them again this week. I also dont think they are a certainty to knock off North.

We can make finals but, we wont. This game against West coast will finally put us all out of our misery for another season. Like so many years before we will roll over and show everyone our soft white underbelly.

When did we last beat Collingwood? Was that the time McLeod kicked the winner from the boundary?
The game your talking about was round 2 2005, We've beat them 9 times since then, played a draw in 2017. The last time we beat them was round 9 2014 Adelaide oval. They have had a good record against us though something like 25 to 15

Still every way you look at it... have to win 2... dont think we will.. Whilst all 3 are very loseable.. i think only 1 is truly winnable... (that being WB) we have a good record against them... Collingwood at home... well... they play well against us.. and are flat at the moment .. but could turn around at any moment.

We get spanked this week... and i reckon thats curtains for us.

Still every way you look at it... have to win 2... dont think we will.. Whilst all 3 are very loseable.. i think only 1 is truly winnable... (that being WB) we have a good record against them... Collingwood at home... well... they play well against us.. and are flat at the moment .. but could turn around at any moment.

We get spanked this week... and i reckon thats curtains for us.
I reckon we are a chance against Collingwood only because of their injuries and no chance against the Bulldogs.

Their strengths are their midfield, speed and ball movement. Everything we struggle with

I reckon we are a chance against Collingwood only because of their injuries and no chance against the Bulldogs.

Their strengths are their midfield, speed and ball movement. Everything we struggle with

I tend to agree... my optemistic side of me came out..

Ahh well.. i see us winning 1 if that... not 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does it put us out of our misery with still 2 games to play?
Rd 21: Destiny is in our own hands - Lose
Rd 22: We're still a chance, so need to control what we can control - Lose
Rd 23: Mathematically still a chance - Lose
EoY: We didn't have the season we wanted to, so we will review it (internally) and get ready for next year.
We know our best is good enough, we just need to do it more consistently

Sorry Chayce, no games for you. We need experience to make the finals

Blah, blah, blah

Should squash Pykes "the season is still very much alive" which makes me want to vomit every time i hear it..
Pyke will milk this for all its worth...

Its all alive until you are mathematically not...

I agree.. i want to tell him... Don get your fukn hand off it...

I wish reporters had more balls and try and get him out of his comfort zone... he's just so sterile and emotionless...

It bothers me that he acts like a company CEO than a footy coach...

Crows corporation!

I want to play finals because watching other teams suck.
Worse than watching us get pumped? Even if we pull out a miracle and win 3/3, we'll finish 7th or 8th. 5th or 6th will be between Richmond, Collingwood, GWS or Brisbane. Every single one of those away games ends in humiliation for us.

Pyke will milk this for all its worth...

Its all alive until you are mathematically not...

I agree.. i want to tell him... Don get your fukn hand off it...

I wish reporters had more balls and try and get him out of his comfort zone... he's just so sterile and emotionless...

It bothers me that he acts like a company CEO than a footy coach...

Crows corporation!

What can he do? The AFL actively punishes tanking and giving any inclination you're not going all out for finals, especially as a team who is on the verge of the 8 would just guarantee we'd get sanctioned the moment we lost for bringing the game into disrepute.

I doubt we have the balls for a legal challenge either.

People suggesting that they don't want us to make finals because it will shake up the club or force massive changes next year are kidding themselves.
Whether we make it or not won't make any difference to what the club will do in the off season.
Hopefully the wave of negative public opinion that has generated from Crows fans recently will send a message to the club regardless of our finishing position.

People suggesting that they don't want us to make finals because it will shake up the club or force massive changes next year are kidding themselves.
Whether we make it or not won't make any difference to what the club will do in the off season.
Hopefully the wave of negative public opinion that has generated from Crows fans recently will send a message to the club regardless of our finishing position.
If we make the finals though that message will stop being sent, if we lose our last 3 and miss the finals that noise won’t go away for a few weeks yet.

If we make the finals though that message will stop being sent, if we lose our last 3 and miss the finals that noise won’t go away for a few weeks yet.
Short of making another GF or even PF (which won't happen), I suggest this year will be seen as another failed year by the club and certainly by the supporters. Together with the fact of our aging list, I expect the noise of our failure to be sounding for some time to come. I will certainly be signing any serious petition demanding radical change regardless of our finishing position. Having said all of that I am definitely in the 'hope we make finals' camp because imo anything else is a defeatist attitude which I think is worse.

What if we beat the Eagles this round? How should we approach the following 2 rounds then?

Big “if”, I know. Also, win this, then 6th spot is still getable.

Back