Coach John Longmire - Part IV

I hate to say this Kingy but it will be the kids that are going to carry us into the finals etc going forward from 2020 because frankly, any fast game plan is going to go past JPK in an instant & watching the replay the other night indicated to me that young Clarke, flaws & all, was much more influential than JPK was in the second half.

What’s there to hate
Kennedy is too slow this year , 2020 he could be neafl level

We have seen us hang onto all our great players too long just about

Longmire doesn’t seem to have the Belichick ability to cut the guys

I hate to say this Kingy but it will be the kids that are going to carry us into the finals etc going forward from 2020 because frankly, any fast game plan is going to go past JPK in an instant & watching the replay the other night indicated to me that young Clarke, flaws & all, was much more influential than JPK was in the second half.

Yep. Beyond his lack of legs, his reaction times seemed down. Hope he has a great off-season and maybe follows a training regime designed to sharpen him up. Similarly I hope his time in cs clearances is tightly managed. This year Buckley and Pendles conceded he is now undertaking tagging roles. Depending on the opponent that could be a possibility.

Yep. Beyond his lack of legs, his reaction times seemed down. Hope he has a great off-season and maybe follows a training regime designed to sharpen him up. Similarly I hope his time in cs clearances is tightly managed. This year Buckley and Pendles conceded he is now undertaking tagging roles. Depending on the opponent that could be a possibility.

Kennedy tagged Cripps this year well so that could be a way forward

Like others have said get a gun mid then it’s a different ball game

If Parker is second best mid and Kennedy is just doing a role

That’s a pretty good midfield suddenly

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
If we didn’t hang on to players who were past it then we wouldn’t be able to blame the missing experience for being poor

It’s handy I guess
That's a pretty poor analysis. Why would we dump that level of experience and quality players in a short period of time?

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
They'll create another job for the mates , they always have.

I don't think that is possible considering the soft cap on football department spending. We are already close to if not at the limit. I don't see how another assistant comes in without one leaving. It is totally normal for there to be turnover on the coaching list, just like the playing list it never stays the same year to year.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I don't think that is possible considering the soft cap on football department spending. We are already close to if not at the limit. I don't see how another assistant comes in without one leaving. It is totally normal for there to be turnover on the coaching list, just like the playing list it never stays the same year to year.
Really never knew that.

As I understand it our Club sensibly signed up Macca some time ago as an Assistant Coach. Only his outstanding form in 2018 deferred this by a year.

I say 'sensibly' as the bloke sweats brain power and has people skills to burn.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
As I understand it our Club sensibly signed up Macca some time ago as an Assistant Coach. Only his outstanding form in 2018 deferred this by a year.

I'm with you about Macca, I think he is one who will successfully make the transition from playing to coaching.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney

Actually, I mentioned this quite a few weeks back and said that I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed him for another year as a player. It was equally surprising to hear from him that that was his plan until he did the calf again. So, it very well could’ve been 2 years!

Actually, I mentioned this quite a few weeks back and said that I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed him for another year as a player. It was equally surprising to hear from him that that was his plan until he did the calf again. So, it very well could’ve been 2 years!

Wow! Think Macca just loves playing.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I rest my case

Jun 29, 2010
Bombay
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi Sydney Forum how are you? I'm fine.

For the next 5 minutes, put yourself in the shoes of Jorse Longmire. North Melbourne premiership champion, Sydney Swans premiership and longest serving ever coach, and also rumoured oats for breakfast eater.

You've had an outstanding run in the stalls. 9 finals series in a row, and staring down the barrel of your first time in charge with an August Mad Monday.

You're a man who knows the swings and roundabouts of the AFL draft cycle, so you know you've had a good run.

When, all of a sudden, your Alma Mater sacks a Scott and suddenly the Swans, in a nervous lather, throw the cheque book at you to stick around 4 more years.

FOUR MORE YEARS.

Suddenly, you've gone from being the custodian of managing the graceful deterioration of your list, salvaged from slowly sinking with your aging warriors into the abyss of footy trivia...

To, all of a sudden, seeing the glimpse of The Window appear again towards the back end of your new 4 year extension.

What do you do?

The Window is opening again!

What do you do, knowing that kids you draft this year will be really hitting their straps by 2023?

Well, I propose that you do your best to get the best possible kids you can this year. This is the year to grab em, because the 2021 kids won't get enough time to grow, and neither really will the 2020 kids.

But the 2019 kids will.

So.

What do you do?

You aim the bow for the bottom of the ladder and hope you get a tailwind.

Jorse's Record Since His Contract Extension

Round 17:
7 point loss to Carlton
Round 18: 1 point loss to Fremantle.

Good luck Jorse.
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.

PICK #2 HERE WE COME 😃

Jorse's Record Since His Contract Extension

Round 17:
7 point loss to Carlton.
Round 18: 1 point loss to Fremantle.