Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually thought he was a bit down on previous weeks, which says a lot about how good he has become. Was a bit fumbly early but his physical presence is such a team lifter.
Same here but he got a knock early and looked like he played sore rest of the night.

Two of North Melbourne’s emerging stars have been named in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22under22squad for 2019.
The initiative recognises the most exciting young talent in the AFL, with Jy Simpkin and Cameron Zurhaar among the initial 40 named on Tuesday night.

Vote for Simpkin and Zurhaar now to ensure they make the final team

E#ndurance running wins the award again.

The should change it from the Ricing Star to the Herb Elliot award.

I stand by my assertion that Walsh is nothing more than an accumulator with limited hurt factor.

E#ndurance running wins the award again.

The should change it from the Ricing Star to the Herb Elliot award.

You're undermining your self-proclaimed superior analyst status with this ridiculous assessment.

First, you're suggesting the coach's votes don't recognise footballers over athletes.

Second, anyone who has watched Walsh play for more than 30 seconds can see that he's all footballer. And he performs pretty much every week. Check out this week's Goals of the Week if you've missed what he does.

Have seen him live multiple times and he's a good footballer with exceptional running ability.

If he was a fifth year player, that might be closer to correct.

But he's a first year player who gets centre and stoppage clearances, runs back with the flight, gets into the hole, provides an outlet, is strong overhead and nails goals.

My contention is that he's way above the vast majority of first year players we've ever seen. Not sure why others can't see it, TBH.

But he's a first year player who gets centre and stoppage clearances, runs back with the flight, gets into the hole, provides an outlet, is strong overhead and nails goals.

My contention is that he's way above the vast majority of first year players we've ever seen. Not sure why others can't see it, TBH.

He does all those things, except kick goals.

Has kicked 5 in 19 games.

I'm not saying he's s**t, I'm saying what you see now is close to what you'll see in five years time.

A good, solid, hard running mid.

He's not a game changing footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really:

Well, I'll concede the numbers are closer than I would have expected based on observation, but recall that Treloar's first year was in a team full of first year players (GWS initial year) and he was just one of a group of talented first year players, but didn't stand out as exceptional.

Time will tell as to whether or not Walsh is a match-winner. A few more goals like the one last weekend and he will be.

Anyway, this is the Zurhaar thread, so I'll drop it.

Geez nobody’s saying Walsh is crap, far from it, and he’ll likely win the RS by a street, but where’s his hurt factor? In my opinion CZ has hurt teams ( literally and figuratively) far more than Walsh

All well and good however Walsh doesn't have a defender on him and most teams back themselves in against Carlton anyway with the exception of trying to stop Cripps who is just a beast. still a good player is Walsh and i would gladly take him although i'm also very keen to have WW and Scott getting back in the team.

Can't wait to see Dangerwoodlet cop a Zurhaar lesson on physicality.
Dangerfield will go down like a rock, lurching on all fours, head rocking and eyes rolling. Until the free is paid.

Replay will show that no actual contact was made.

Ling will award the so brave tag and Richo with be so overwhelmed with emotion his voice will falter as he gives his inane boundary rider special comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back